5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the iPhone 4 ?
I don't write many reviews for products that I buy, but this product deserves some recognition. In a few words: It is amazing. I love many things about this phone that I may have to list the pros and cons...I think I will actually do just that:

Pros

Large screen

The screen, measured diagonally, is about 4.3". This is very large. If you...
Published on March 3, 2011 by Brad

3.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad and the ugly
My background: have used Blackberries for as long as I can remember, use the phone mostly to keep in touch with work email, occasional web surfingl

The good:
- screen size noticeable bigger than IPhone, though not as sharp looking
- I love the Android OS and the availability of apps on the Android market. Took a little bit of getting used...
Published on July 29, 2011 by Lazar

‹ Previous | 16 7 814 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I so love this phone!, December 27, 2011
This review is from: HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I know people always say they don't write reviews, but I really don't. I just feel compelled to let you know how great a phone this is. I am a 42 yr old mother of 2. I've had this phone for 8 months and simply can't live without it! I live among a family of I Phone users, and was determined to not own another Apple slave product! :)

Aside from that, the screen on this phone is just indestructible. My Autistic 5yr. old son plays lots of games on it, I throw it in my purse along with my keys, I wear earrings that have scratched every other phone I've owned and this screen is still pristine after 8 months. I do not have a screen protector on it. I do suggest buying a soft rubberized case for it as the design and material it is made of make it a bit slippery to hold. The case has saved this phone from slipping off of the table or any sleek surface.

I've noticed some complaining about the battery life, but that is just typical of a smart phone. With normal usage, I only have to charge the battery every few days. If my son plays games it may need to be charged daily.

I am very satisfied with this phones performance, in fact impressed at times. It has become an intricate part of my day and I rely on it more than I thought I ever would rely on a phone. I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone for the Money, December 17, 2011
I got this phone back in August so I have had some months to use it. Overall it is a great phone especially for how much you can get it for. It might not be a dual core phone but it is still nice a snappy. Some good things about it are that it has a nice large screen which I really like, It has a great camera (8mp and 720p video recording), great software (Android 2.3.3) and HTC's interface. Some negative things to consider when buying this is that the camera sticks out in the back so if you set it down it will wobble, the battery door is somewhat of a challenge to pry off. It is a single core phone which can make some things slow, no front facing camera, and it is a little chunky (not too big though).

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS PHONE, December 15, 2011
I have had this phone for 5 months, and it is by far the best phone I have ever had. I have owned a very many phones over a period of 17 years. Not only did I fall in love with android, but I fell in love with HTC. I was a little leary about getting a phone I knew nothing about, but I trusted my at&t sales rep and bought it. I have had almost no problems with it. I have way to many pictures and text messages on it and it causes it to freeze up sometimes but not much(which can be expected with so much space taken up). I usually just restart it and it is fine. Every so often I go through and delete things to give it a little bit of a break lol. I have never loved a phone as much as I love this one. I have dropped it on my ceramic tile in my kitchen and bathroom and it didn't even have so much as a scratch on it. I also dropped it on my concrete steps in my garage and again nothing happened to it. I have to say if you are going to get a smart phone (or any phone for that matter) this is the one to get. It has an 8MP camera which is awesome and the color is so vibrant I can hardly stand looking or using anyone else's phone. I have to say this phone has me spoiled. When it comes time to upgrade I will get another HTC phone. Also if you lose your phone you can download an app called android lost from your computer to your phone. It will send you the last messages sent and received, phone calls, take a picture from your phone, send crazy loud "help me I'm lost" messages (the phone can be on silent and it still plays it loud), you can set the phone to lock up and notify you if a different sim card is inserted, and many more great things to find your phone. On top of all those things it gives you a gps location within 7 meters of where your phone is. Trust me it works. My phone was stolen and I used this app and it had an arrow directly on the house where the phone was. All of this is emailed to you and the person with your phone has no idea any of this is going on. Awesome phone I highly recommend it to everyone!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible phone, December 7, 2011
This is the worst phone I have ever owned! Drops calls, terrible wifi signal, battery won't hold a charge for more than 3 hours. I wouldn't recommend this phone to an enemy!

5.0 out of 5 stars danky phone, November 27, 2011
After reading some reviews on this phone I could not believe that some people actually put a bad review!!! This phone is so incredible that it could change a stubborn old ladys mind .... Really. I just want to say especially to the guy who lives in Baltimore , actually I want to say this to everyone who put a one star- IF THE PHONE DOESN'T WORK THE CALL THE COMPANY!!!! YOU HAVE A WARRENTY !!!! This is obviously true because everybody else ,including me - put a five star!!! About the battery - if you use any phone ..including iPhone (trust me my wife has one) for five hours straight of course its gonna die that goes for everything!!!! this phone is gold and unstopable ther isn't anything this pho.e can not do .. if your gonna put a bad review at least do it on something that's actually a flaw in design ,such as the speaker is on the back.. in my opinion ,that is the only thing wrong with this phone at all. Almost went with Samsung infuse -only reason... Front facing camera - but if that the only reason go with this because it can do all the same stuff - final words - this phone is classy

4.0 out of 5 stars grain of salt, November 8, 2011
My first smartphone. It's awesome. Don't know much about other Smartphones. But I do know its too quiet at max volume. I've been around a few others and they get much louder on speaker and in call. Also I have to keep my hand away from the top of the phone or it won't allow WiFi which I hate because I love to surf sideways. But maybe that's common. Id say five stars otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone shines!!!.........when rooted. xD, November 7, 2011
Phone is great.
handles apps very well. The only thing is that HTC Sense that it comes with, drains the battery with it's software bloatware.

I rooted the phone (and flash the ROM), and without all the bloatware, phones screams fast & furious.
Battery is enhance when it's rooted & when you flash a new rom into it. I put cyanogenmod 7 and it works wonders with the battery. (Last %35-40 longer than with the HTC Sense Bloatware)

Overall I give a 4 out 5. (-1 star because of the battery constraints).
It's not as sharp as a retina display, but still looks wonderful side to side versus an iphone 4.

1.0 out of 5 stars Second worst phone ever, November 1, 2011
The htc iteration of android is by far the worst of all phones that I have used (moto, htc, and samsung). Some features on this phone make no sense. Try using the voice-to-text and rotate from portrait to landscape. It just quits the voice feature. Everytime it is plugged in in my car it goes to car mode. Well naturally you would think. But you can't exit unless you unplug it and it limits your features to just a few things. The update bricked my first phone and I've had to factory reset numerous times. Apps that can't be killed, battery that is dead before lunch, and a search feature that can't bring you to what you find is just icing on the cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, October 27, 2011
I've had my Inspire for 6 months and I am extremely pleased with it. As noted, the stock battery life is terrible! However, there is a setting that comes enabled on the phone, and turning it off makes the battery last all day and then some. Just turn off this setting: Settings --> Wireless controls --> Mobile networks --> Enable always-on mobile

On to the phone: At the time I bought it, this phone was the fastest phone at around $50. Its quick. Really quick for a mid range smartphone. Its noticeably faster than the Droid Xs that people I know have. The screen is great, and the data connection is fine for me (and I just have 3G where I live). This phone has great performance on every app I've used with it, including games. The performance is so good on this device that I don't really feel it would be worth upgrading to anything else until some apps come out that require a bit more horsepower.

The phone body is quality for its price level; solid construction, mostly aluminum exterior. It feels nice and is surprisingly light for being a bigger phone. Its not up to comparison versus an iPhone in its design and exterior quality, but it does have the performance of an iPhone without the price.

Highly recommend this phone, but right now I'd probably see if there was anything a bit newer or wait for a new phone to come out. This one is probably going to get replaced shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Loyalist, October 12, 2011
et2980 (California) - See all my reviews
I've used Windows phones since they came out and the horrible Windows 6.5 OS on my last phone (Tilt) forced me to Android and I'm not looking back. The storage is great, keep an eye on battery life - I have to charge this phone more than any others. The phone is greatly stable, no crashes like my Win 6.5 phone. I'm hoping this phone will last me more than 2 years, unlike my previous devices.

M&M was correct, Tilt was Windows 6.5 NOT 7. My mistake.

‹ Previous | 16 7 814 | Next ›