Published 18 months ago by MISRA, Canada

2.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality...and it ends there.
Published 18 months ago by Tom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality...and it ends there., June 6, 2013
Tom (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Jetstream P715a 16GB 10.1 Inch Unlocked 4G + Wi-Fi Tablet PC with Android 3.1 OS, Dual-Core Processor, 10.1" LCD Multi-Touchscreen, 8MP Camera + Secondary 1.3MP Camera, Video, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SNS Integration, Google Apps and MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)
I used the tablet all of a few minutes to realize it wasn't for me - it being stuck on Honeycomb forever (both because HTC said it won't get any more official updates and because there's a very small handful developers working on custom versions of it) being the major negative to it. I don't really mind Honeycomb itself, but it just holds back what could have been a much great tablet.

The build quality and feature-set is outstanding - metal/glass build that feels nice to hold, cameras that are worthwhile to use (really - probably the best rear camera on a tablet), great sound, and access to fast 4G data.

But Honeycomb really brings it down, and the dual-core processor isn't fast enough to offset it. You'll notice it lag in typing on the touchscreen, going into the app drawer, and opening more than a few apps (since Honeycomb doesn't have the proper multi-tasking from Ice Cream Sandwich). Lets not forget how certain apps (such as Chrome) won't work on anything older than Ice Cream Sandwich.

My major complaint was the seller (Masterdeals) trying to pass the tablet off as new (when it clearly wasn't), and also came with adware pre-installed (not removable through a factory reset). The thing is, I'm pretty sure these tablets being around the same price as others from different sellers, they're probably from the same batch and all have same said adware pre-installed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tablet is good but was supplied a different and locked model., June 29, 2013
HTC Jetstream is good tablet. I like the features.I Ordered HTC Jetstream Tablet P715a model, 32 GB, Unlocked International model but was supplied wrong model Tablet HTC Jetstream PG09410, 16 GB and ATT locked. Thanks to Amazon for accepting return. Amazon accepted return due to "wrong/different" product supply reason but while making refund mentioned "late supply" in the e-mail, don't know why.

5.0 out of 5 stars This tablet ROCKS!!, May 16, 2013
My htc Jetstream tablet is freaking awesome!! The ONLY problem I've run into is finding and purchasing a cover for it--that's okay...I'll keep looking =)

5.0 out of 5 stars zr1979, July 10, 2013
I bay 3 weeks ago this is excellent tablet for internet but is have one bat side that is can't be charging and use headphones same time

5.0 out of 5 stars For what it is, it's fantastic..., July 6, 2013
...it's just that what it is is an old, weighty, last generation Android tablet.

I wanted to expand the screen size of my HTC Flyer, which I use for all handwritten notes at work. The Jetstream performs that task brilliantly and, now that it's old tech, at a very reasonable price.

I'm over the moon, but I've got fairly rare needs...

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost all I expected to, August 9, 2013
every thing is OK except the fact that HTC do not provide an Android OS update for this model.
the play store is stuck, nothing can be dowloaded by this way. hopely I find a way to syncronice mi Jetstream whit my PC and I directly dowload apps to the tablet by my web browser, and they dont need to be fisically linked, just conected to internet.
still exploring other capacities and apps....

2.0 out of 5 stars This item worked for less than 24 hours, June 6, 2013
Purchased this as a gift for my 73 year old mother. An introduction to the computer world. She enjoyed it for only one night. After charging the item, it wouldn't turn on, charge, restart or anything. It was totally dead and unresponsive. I hate the fact that I had to return it before getting some photos off it.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good after 2 months, August 11, 2013
I bought this tablet two months ago, and I'm already having problems with. It was NOT unlocked to begin with. Secondly, it won't even charge anymore: and apparently this a wisespread common problem. Should have went with my first instinct and got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

I've learned my lesson

3.0 out of 5 stars My Mistake !, November 22, 2014
I bought the HTC Jetstream from Amazon fifteen months ago. Like buying a boat, a very happy event. Unlocked from AT&T, quality construction, large bright screen; what more could a person want?...................
One, you could want an Android version that is current as many apps will not work with the loaded, an non-upgradeable, 3.2
Two, better construction by HTC on the micro-USB port used for charging and PC input. Mine was somewhat "iffy" on every connection to the PC.

I cannot deny that the HTC Jetstream met many of my needs from a tablet. At $250 plus leather cover and travel charger, it cost around $20 per month for ownership. Much less than an iPad.

Last, like many boat owners, my next happy event came at month 13 of ownership. It Quit, would not accept a charge. One month out of warranty. I could finally have a good reason to buy a new Android tablet with current Android operating system and compatibility with most apps.

HTC built and abandoned their tablet production after two tries (Jetstream and Flyer) gave up. One should question why to buy yesterday's technology.

1.0 out of 5 stars This tablet is old. I want a new tablet ..., July 2, 2014
This tablet is old.I want a new tablet.this is a robbery

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›