5.0 out of 5 stars stop whining about locked bootloaders!
I'm tech savvy, but I am also aware that 99% of the users will never bother boot loading their phones, and it's not fair to see the complaints of the remaining 1% occupying 50% of the reviews here, making this excellent phone seem utterly worthless.

Now, for the remaining 99%:

I like new phones, and I've recently moved from a iPhone 4 to Galaxy SII,...
Published on May 13, 2012 by C. Wang

3.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME PHONE!
Update 9/23/12: I just downgraded my review of this phone from 5 to 3 stars for two reasons:

1. Battery life is worse than advertised and battery is non-replaceable.

2. This phone does not have an SD card slot and only about 8GB of space is available for storage. I knew this when I bought it, but wasn't concerned because the AT&T sales rep who sold...
Published on August 9, 2012 by Binary Spin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Ready for Prime Time, June 26, 2012
HTC One X (AT&T)
Hardware
Unlock/on/off button on top, side would be quicker one-hand access.
Volume toggle button on side too easy to accidentally push.
Pick up phone from the top even with skinny, "no-flab" hands causes home screen to flip to Widget screen. The design is great but the glass right on the edge is too touchy regardless of settings.
Left "back" haptic button non-responsive every 2 out of 3 times. However, it does respond to the edge. These two issues make me think that the hardware design needs work.
Pulldown menu non-responsive almost every time unless there are notifications.
If you hold the phone in your hand so that your little finger is on the left-bottom side of the phone, it will cover the radio and you will lose both OTA and Wi-Fi signals.
Easy to scuff the back.

Notification light blinks and then stops without touching the phone.

Install "No Lock" immediately because the unlock ring is stupid as long as I have to also push the button on top. It is an unnatural movement for your hand to go from the top to the bottom. You only need a software lock when you already have a hardware lock if you are in an un-secure location.
Software, change to stock keyboard immediately but some native apps still will not provide landscape keyboard.
Notes App sux big time and is useless in every sense of the word.
Contacts app is pretty bad too.

Google Navigation GPS is outstanding and extremely accurate. Stay away from AT&T's as it is not even close.
Photos and videos are very good as are the panoramic and burst mode shooting, the later while capturing video. Brilliant screen in the sun. Outstanding!

I really liked the overall design and minimalist approach of this phone. The back made me feel, even though the phone is a bit larger than what I am use to, that I could easily hold on to it but the back is very easy to scuff. Fortunately, the dark grey makes it difficult to see scuffs. The phone is very thin and light but recommend a cover.

There was no HTC SYNC for MAC and HTC SYNC MANAGER was "Available Soon" despite the fact the phone had been out for a month and a half when I received it. You can, however, just hook up the USB cable to copy all files and folders to your MAC or PC. The "Driver" accessory as well as the Media Link HD (supposedly in the International version box) were both out of stock.

Carrier
AT&T has very limited LTE and despite living in the Phoenix Metro, there is no LTE in the SE Valley. I was willing to download apps to make the keyboard, Notes, etc. work but without LTE I cannot use this for tethering to my MACBook Pro. The HSPDA+ signal is just too poor. I used AT&T's Mark the Spot to report it. I signed up for the 5GB data plan in hopes of finally dumping COX internet for which I pay $54. Not yet, I guess. BTW, I checked out the Downtown LTE and it is fast but I hardly used it and when I got home the battery was down another 30%.

They really should have given this more User Acceptance Testing and held on to it a few more months but from what I see about the S3 online, it is also not ready for prime time.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's all the fuss about?, June 3, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Most of the things that people are deducting 2-3 stars for are petty compared to the overall quality of this phone.

Pros:
Fits perfectly in your back pocket. The phone is super slim, but doesn't feel fragile.
The screen is incredible.
As you can guess, the dual-core processor makes this phone incredibly fast. I run 4-5 things at once without a problem.

Android 4.0 is good, not great. It is what it is.

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought this phone in May 2012, March 25, 2014
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I switched over from Sprint to AT&T in May 2012. I had been using an iPhone 4s on Sprint's network and wanted a change. I had preferred Droids as my previous smartphone had been a Droid, and my friend who worked for AT&T suggested I buy the OneX or The Galaxy S3. I had heard good things about both companies, though at the time Samsung was not quite as big of a player in the market as HTC and due to the shortage of One X's (this was during Apple's let's sue everyone campaign) I decided on the One X. I thought why not get a phone that was not as available to the public as the S3 and when I first got the phone and started playing with it/setting it up I fell in love.

I was not off put by the fact that I needed a computer to change/set up the way the phone looked, in fact I thought it made the profile look crisper and better and more personalized. I would say for about the first three months I had this phone I loved it. It was after about three months that I started noticing some features on other phones that were quite a bit more impressive than my own. To me it was as though I had bought this phone after it had been out some time and not virtually right after it was released. I will state the pros and cons I feel. These are just my opinions.

Speakers: Although the beats audio is a nice feature unless you have those specific headphones the sound has no detectable difference. What is detectable, however is how quiet the speakers are. This makes watching videos or showing a song/video to a friend quite difficult, I have also missed calls, texts and alarms due to simply not hearing my phone.

Body/design: When I first got this phone it was a giant on the industry, now it is average or dare I say small. I personally love the design of this phone. It is sleek, modern and attractive. I still think the design is one of the best things about this phone. However, the white one (the one I purchased) has a tendency to show every speck of dirt and grime and unless you use a case (which will cover up the cool "boat" design) your phone will likely become dirty quick.

Cameras: The front facing camera is poorly engineered at best. It is embedded deeply into the front and collects dirt and dust like a magnet. I have to clean it out with a q-tip at least once a month just so I can see the low quality pictures it takes. The back camera was great when it first came out, but now it is nothing special. Plus side the flash is very bright.

Speed: This phone has no external storage and 8GB is nothing. The phone will fill up quickly and slow down quickly. I notice a lot of lag as swipe between screens.

Battery life: And now here we are, the reason I gave this guy two stars. The reason I called AT&T and got them to give me a free upgrade early. The wonderful battery life or the "HTC Curse". When you first buy this phone you will likely not notice anything about the battery life. In fact it will seem like an average phone to you. However as the months go by you may notice you are having to charge it a lot more, in fact it seems as though you are continually charging it throughout the day. Eventually you will need to keep it on a charger just to keep it turned out. Eventually the phone commits suicide and if you're like me you use your insurance to get another one. Phone two, same pattern. Phone three same pattern. Phone four same pattern and I am getting upset. Phone five. I did not plug it in overnight, o well it was at 90% when I went to to bed and I have all my background apps/back lights off. Check phone upon waking up-5%. Yeah time for a new phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate smartphone for someone who has a tablet for primary mobile device., January 9, 2013
Amazon Customer (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I really enjoy the look and feel of the phone, the keyboard throws me off frequently when switching back and forth to my Galaxy Tab 2, (Android needs to get it together and have everyone on the same page). The one thing that I really, really hate about this phone is the SMS emoticons it forces your usual ":)" (happy) ";)" (winkface) and ":(" (sad) to turn into these awfully annoying, creepy and infuriating cartoon faces. There is no way to disable them, but onlt avoid them by downloading 3rd party SMS apps :(.
Aside from this, the phone runs quickly, and is pretty easy to navigate from app to app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ringer problem, December 10, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone has a major defect in that it goes into silent mode and makes me miss most if my calls. Even when picking up the phone gently and careful attention to how I hold it, this problem persists. I contacted HTC and they were nice, but totally did not care about this problem. Do not purchase this phone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, but LOVE AT&T Service!, October 30, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
So, I got the HTC One X in august. LOVE THE PHONE. I upgraded from my ancient LG Phoenix, and couldn't be happier. It's a great phone. Great looking screen, great user interface. It's a really good phone. Yeah, it could use the ability to add an SD card, but the 12gb of available memory is fine. The phone is too nice to care. NOW, this phone, about a month after I got it had a line appear across the top of the screen...dead pixels. Oh well, phone still operates great. A month after that, it goes on the fritz. Phone will only boot every now and again, and will freeze and shut off before making it to the home screen/desktop screen. Well, after an AT&T customer service rep fiddles with it for about a half hour or more, she gives customer service/warranty guys a call and decides I'm candidate for warranty exchange. Now, I love the phone, and have exchanged it for a new one that works great, but due to the first phone being faulty after having owned it for TWO months, I can't give it the five stars it SHOULD have deserved.

5.0 out of 5 stars htc one x is best!, June 26, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
i love it very cool smartphone than old pager lg thrill because my old pager not show video calling and problem= so i decide buy new one i like it and i use it as along no problems so well i did test and compare old and new that different one lg thrill is 2.2 android and htc one x is 4.0 android not same but same program but different one

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, February 5, 2015
Wish it took an SD Card.
Need a special tool to open SimCard slot

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, June 5, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I went from the iPhone 4S to this and this is a great phone. It's very fast and does more than the iphone. Also the display is unbelievable. You can't tell a pixel just like the iPhone display I've owned the mytouch 4g and the HTC incredible and this is much better than the ex king iPhone. Please don't wait any longer and buy this phone! Don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cell Phone I've Ever Used, May 21, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Pros: Large, sharp, beautiful screen. Even though it's big, it's very thin and feels great in your hand. The camera is awesome. Virtually no delay taking photos. Take photos while shooting video. HDR, slow motion video and a lot of features I wish my $300 point and shoot camera had. Everything about this phone is zippy and fast. It just does what you want it to do and quickly. The GPS locks on fast and works better than any other phone I've used. Call quality is great.

Cons: Multitasking. Some programs multitask fine, but others like games and such will restart if you switch apps and return. Supposedly this has to do with the aggressive task killing that HTC added due to the large memory footprint of Sense 4.0. Honestly though I don't see this as a big deal and it's only rarely a problem because the phone is so fast it can reload the app you were using and go back to what you were doing very quickly. In fact I didn't even notice this issue until I read about it on a forum and then tested it out. This issue will be resolved when the bootloader gets unlocked and we can install custom ROMS.

Bottom-line, this is a great piece of hardware and it can only get better as the software is improved, but even as it is I love it!