Powered by a 1.5 GHz processor, the HTC One S smartphone makes multitasking a breeze. This Android mobile runs on the Android 4.0 OS that supports a wide range of applications. Thanks to the 4.3-inch capacitive, multi-touch screen of this HTC smartphone, you can easily navigate your way through its highly versatile options or enjoy your favorite game to the fullest. With Wi-Fi connectivity and 3G support, you can surf the Internet, check e-mails, and stream videos on the HTC One S at amazing speeds. This HTC smartphone supports GPS to offer navigational assistance. The Bluetooth connectivity in the HTC One S lets you easily share files between compatible devices. Be it staying in the loop with push e-mail or chatting with friends on WhatsApp and Facebook, this Android mobile has it all.
With the HTC One S, you get a turbo-charged super phone that's bursting with entertainment possibilities. It delivers theater-like entertainment with rich, full audio thanks to Beats Audio integration and a beautiful 4.3-inch qHD super AMOLED (540x960) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. And combining the 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with T-Mobile's fast HSPA+ 42 network, and you'll be able to quickly multi-task across a variety of apps.
Updated operating features with the
Android 4.0 system (view larger).
Pull photos directly from your HD video
HTC One S 4G
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G connectivity
- Android 4.0 OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.3-inch qHD AMOLED (540x960) touchscreen
- 16 GB memory
- 8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Personal/corporate e-mail
The HTC One S runs the Android 4.0 operating system (a.k.a., Ice Cream Sandwich), bringing a redesigned user interface with enhanced multitasking, notifications, full Web browsing experience, and more.
Other features include an 8-megapixel camera with Full HD 1080p video capture, 16 GB internal memory, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, customizable home screen, GPS for navigation and location-based services, and Wi-Fi tethering to access the internet on your laptop.
Capture the Moment
Easily capture memories and share them while on the go with the advanced camera capabilities of the One S. You'll get super-fast image capture speeds--0.2 second autofocus and snap a shot in just 0.7 seconds. You'll also get great photos in adverse conditions thanks to the f/2.0 lens, which captures 40 percent more light than the f/2.4 lenses available on other high-end phones. It also comes with a Video Pic feature, which enables you to capture a photo and shoot video at the same time.
This device also has HTC ImageSense to improve camera features including lens, sensor, software and integration with a dedicated HTC ImageChip. The ImageChip increases the process rate for each image so you can take up to 99 non-stop, quick-fire shots to ensure you don’t miss the “perfect” photo. Also, with the HDR feature, your camera will take three quick shots of different exposures every time you press the shutter. It creates a single picture by taking the best lighting from each shot and combining into one, showing more detail in both the foreground and the background. Some additional camera features include:
- HTC Video Pic: When shooting HD video, just tap the still shutter to capture a photo in 5MP quality. Later, while viewing your video, you can also easily capture other favorite still shots with a tap. It’s the best of both worlds.
- HTC Smart Flash: This feature automatically senses the distance between the camera and object and applies up to five different flash levels, from subtle to bright. HTC Smart Flash provides the precise light needed to produce great photos.
Sharing photos to Facebook, Picasa or Flickr is a breeze--and lightning quick at 4G speeds. You'll enjoy video chats over Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity thanks to the front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera.
The HTC One S features HTC Watch--an application and service that puts an entire library of the latest, premium movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. HTC Watch uses progressive download technology that makes it possible to watch videos without waiting for a huge file to finish downloading. You can either rent or buy videos, and if purchased, you can watch them on up to five different HTC devices.
In additional to the video features, the One S sound package is ready to make this device a one stop music shop. Music features include:
- Beats by Dr. Dre Audio: Integration of Beats across the entire multimedia experience for music, video and games.
- HTC Sync Manager: Once connected to a computer, you can transfer songs and playlists from your music library.
- HTC Car Stereo Clip: Accessory to bring mobile music to your car’s sound system.
You'll also be able to Hear the music the way the artists intended it to be heard with the integrated Beats Audio. Every sound is enhanced with Beats Audio and custom tuned for best audio performance with Beats Audio headsets (not included).
The HTC One S weighs 4.22 ounces and measures 5.15 x 2.55 x 0.31 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10.5 hours of talk time, and up to 13.2 days of standby time. It runs on T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ networks (850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz;UMTS: Band I (2100);UMTS: Band IV (AWS);UMTS: Band IV (1700/2100)).
What's in the Box
HTC One S handset, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
Android Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
The HTC One S runs the Android 4.0 operating system (dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich), which adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing while improving on the best Android features: easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and more.
The new Ice Cream Sandwich interface features an onscreen navigation bar that replaces the hardware buttons for Back, Home, and Menu found with older Android-powered phones. And with Google+ integration, you can video chat with groups of up to 9 friends as well as easily upload and share photos and videos. Other features include: Face Unlock
You can now unlock your phone with just your face using the Face Unlock option. It takes advantage of the front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup and then to recognize it again when unlocking the device. Just hold your phone in front of your face to unlock (or use a backup PIN).
And the lock screen now lets you do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, you can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, you can even manage music tracks and see album art. Home Screen Folders
Quickly access related apps right from the home screen by organizing apps and shortcuts into folders--just drag one app onto another to create a folder. Multitasking
Multitasking is even easier and more visual in Android 4.0. The Recent Apps button lets you jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently--tapping a thumbnail switches to the app. Voice Input
The new voice engine in Android 4.0 lets you dictate the text you want, for as long as you want, using the language you want. You can speak continuously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, you can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
T-Mobile 4G Network
Short for "fourth generation," 4G is about performance and provides our fastest data speeds. We've seen average download speeds on our HSPA+ 42 Mbps-capable data stick approaching 10 Mbps with peak speeds of 27 Mbps, and download speeds approaching 8 Mbps with peak speeds of 20 Mbps on our upcoming HSPA+ 42 Mbps-capable smartphones.
T-Mobile's 4G network uses HSPA+ technology to allow simultaneous voice and data capabilities—for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. (For example, you can make a call at the same time you're surfing the Web.) This allows many users to experience a mobile broadband experience comparable to the high-speed connections of a home or work computer.
- Fast 4G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSPA+ networks (up to 42Mbps download speed). Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with T-Mobile's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps) and location services
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.3-inch qHD AMOLED (540x960)
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, light.
- 16 GB internal memory
- 1 GB of RAM
- Dropbox Integrated: 25 GB of Dropbox space, to store more than 10,000 high-quality photos
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash and f/2.0 lens.
- Full HD 1080p video capture with recording at 60 frames per second, slow motion playback and on-device trimmer.
- 1.3-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- Beats by Dr. Dre integrated music capabilities
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.