5.0 out of 5 stars Best Android phone available for AT&T
The phone was only released yesterday for AT&T, so this review will only encompass what I've experienced in the short amount of time I've owned it. That being said, I'm confident this is the best Android phone currently available for AT&T. The phone looks incredibly sleek thanks to its unibody form; the negative aspect of that is the lack of a removable battery. Luckily...
Published 23 months ago by Sean D Rice

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Phone but with Issues
I bought this phone after reading the reviews that it is one of the best phone out there. I am using it for 2 months now and it looks great and feels great. The good things about this phone are awesome screen and camera. Camera is fabulous, it's better then most cameras in cameras..forget about phone cameras. There is no shutter lag and picture comes so clear. You will...
Published 21 months ago by Vineet Tyagi

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally HTC beats Samsung Galaxy, June 1, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
"I have had many phones in my days including an iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4,' iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket and now this phone. I gotta say that this phone is beyond incredible. If you want a nice durable, reliable phone that has impressive specs then check out this phone. This phone is made up of sturdy material and doesn't feel like plastic as most androids do. The camera takes amazing pictures, is super quick and just has a stunning display of colors. ICS with Sense 4 just works out of the box and is extremely smooth. A lot or people are dissing that it doesn't have a removable battery or a memory card slot and that 16gb is small. First the battery lasts extremely well. So far I have been getting about 10 hours of average use and it sits at just 52%. This is extremely well for a smartphone. Second 16gb is plenty for me. It's meant to be a phone not a storge drive. Plus you get 25gb of drop box storage for your pictures which it actually integrates well into the phone. Android just allows you to use your phone the way you should use it. Create and make your own ringtones on the spot, tether for free download free music and so much more. This phone blows the iPhone and any other phone away. If you are due for an upgrade I highly recommend checking this out in white.
I just have to say this to people who gave low rating to this awesome phone. Stop whining about locked boot loaders,it is not HTC but at&t who has locked this phone..and there is a reason for this..the phone works best the way it is,there is no point in unlocking boot loader and mess up the phone,which beats the every other smartphone available in Industry"

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Android Phone on ATT - some poor choices, May 8, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've switched to the OneX from a Samsung Captivate that I had from the first day it was released. I do know my way around Android and then some (I'm a software engineer by profession). Here's my impressions of the phone after a couple of days of use - hope it helps others to make an informed decision :

Pros:
** Snappy and responsive - and very good specifications. I know most people dont care but here's the deal : If you buy your phone on contract you want it to last at least a year and a half without it becoming obsolete. I had the experience with Captivate - I was able to resist switching to the latest and greatest as my phone was great when it first arrived and was good enough at the end of the upgrade cycle.
** Great camera - the best you can find in today's market (under carrier contract).
** Sleek design - the 4.7" screen just melts away. My wife's iPhone 4s feels chunky beside it. Have no problems having this in trouser pockets or jeans and no - it doesn't show an inappropriate bulge.

Cons:
** Some poor design choices by HTC - they may not all be an issue for everyone but as an end user we pick and choose what WE want - not what is jammed down our throats. The battery size is small for the screen size (1800 mAh) and would not last more than 20 hrs for light to moderate use or 8-12 hrs for heavy use. Also, the battery is not user replaceable. There is no memory expansion slot for plugging in our own micro-SD card. I can live with both these design choices but others may find it a dealbreaker.
** Software has a learning curve - this is minor though. In fact I do like the look and feel of HTC Sense 4 after a couple of days. There sure a a few quirks about the interface that I'm still getting used to.
** Locked Bootloader and "crippled" Google Wallet - I know this is a touchy subject and people would rant over taking off a star just because it is the fault of AT&T (I'm sure its only speculation but I do feel its true) but please understand that we are talking about the AT&T version of the phone so I feel it valid. I'll go into more details below.

"Locked Bootloader":
Most reviewers claim this is a non issue and it doesn't matter to the general public. But here's my take on this coming from personal experience. Android phones in general tend to lag behind in updates from carriers and companies due to the nature of the business and other factors. meanwhile the software ecosystem around Android keeps moving forward creating an unpleasant user experience as time goes along and we still cannot "upgrade" the phone as we are stuck in the contract cycle. I had this happen to me with Samsung Captivate - the phone came with "Eclair" version of Android and took 8 months after the release to move to Froyo and then another 6 months to Gingerbread. Meanwhile the user experience around Android apps was moving towards ICS. The only thing that kept me happy was that at the end of my official warranty period I could visit a development community and "upgrade" my phone unofficially to ICS. I also noticed that most of my coworkers who weren't software geeks had done that to their Sprint EVO phones too and claimed that that was the only thing keeping them on the phone long enough for the next best thing to arrive while not tied to a contract.

2.0 out of 5 stars Replacement #3 in 6 months, January 15, 2013
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have always been a die hard HTC fan but this model is making me think it is time to change. I was tickled when I fist bought this model, but now 6 months later, I am awaiting warranty replacement #3 as I do this review. Here are the combined issues I have had with this model:

1. Lighted buttons on the phone work intermittently.
2. Sim card reader burned out on first phone.
3. Problems with intermittent sim card errors on second phone.
4. Launcher occasionally resets itself when unlocking phone.
5. 4g data quit working on 2nd phone.

I usually do not carry phone insurance and did not on this one. Although all these problems I have had so far are under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, I am now worried that I have a high likelihood of having to by a new phone at full price after warranty runs out. Not because of my handling of the phone, because I am always extra careful, but because I have a strong chance that replacement #3 will not make it until my 2 year At&t renewal discount.

This phone is great in day to day use, but the reliability has been terrible for me. perhaps you will have better luck? or maybe not?? Buyer beware.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone with bad battery and software bugs, September 12, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Looks and works great when it is all charged. However battery dies rapidly. No convenient way to carry extra battery!!
With LTE, Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth turned off, it easily lasts all day. GPS seems to drain the battery the most.
Bugs in wifi and switching tasks were fixed but there are still issues with power management.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bootloader locked, so what... GREAT PHONE!, May 10, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Yeah the bootloader is locked on this phone at this current moment, so what. This phone goes up again the iPhone, which is also locked, speck for speck if not better. For most users who barley know how to install an application this will be an amazing phone. For Android fan-boys who want a unlocked bootloader, just chill because one way or another, it's coming. I mean it's already been rooted in like 4 days time... so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Locked boot loader won't matter in the long run, May 6, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is a top of the line device, that is a excellent choice if you're in the market for an android based smartphone. While yes, the boot loader is locked at this time that won't matter to the vast majority for users which will buy the phone and happily use it in its stock configuration.

For those that like to tinker with custom ROMs, etc. the developer community will eventually figure out how to unlock the boot loader or HTC will get AT&T to allow the loader to be unlocked. Either way the custom ROM crowd will be able to customizes their phones at will.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 4 to HTC one x, November 24, 2012
A. Brindley (Brazil, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
We have a few Apple products in our household - 2 iPads,2 iTouches, but only 1 iPhone now. I just was not excited to upgrade to the iPhone 4s or even the 5. I guess I got bored. I think Apple makes great products and I actually feel a bit guilty, though I am not sure why. I researched phones for several days, it was between this phone and the Galaxy S3. When I went to the store to try the phone out in person, I just liked the look and feel of the HTC one x better ($100 less in price is good also). I have absolutely no regrets. I am even more excited than when I went from the Blackberry to the original iPhone! My favorite upgrade is the big and beautiful screen. I haven't had any trouble transitioning to my first Android phone, the time learning the phone has been fun. I am really impressed with the functionality of this operating system. It is blazing fast, good battery life, great design. I don't have a problem with the amount of storage, I use cloud for my music and streaming pandora is smooth. The only thing I haven't liked so far is the default mail app, I am using the google mail app instead, which is not a problem. I will love it even more when I stop expecting that home key to work like my iPhone's did. Great phone! The BEST smartphone I have owned so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SMART PHONE ANY CARRIER,OS,BRAND PERIOD, September 22, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is only my second review of anything and first of cell phone. I'll start off saying I've had near all major carriers at some point sprint Verizon t mobile and now att again. When time came for new contract I Did my research came down to this the 4s and galaxy s3...iPhone 4s screen just too small and not 4g..so really between this and s3. First off is build quality. This is first phone with sleek proper weight feel close to an iPhone. The design of the phone is great. The hardware is very similar to s3 don't care what anyone says the screen on this phone BLOWS EVERY OTHER SCREENS AWAY. the galaxy s3 does have bigger screen slightly but pick it up feel like cheap plastic and super light for it's size. True u can't remove battery or sd card on this like s3 but battery life is good if u manage ur battery as good as all new smartphones,full day of use. To make up for lack of expandable sd access u get promotional 25gb on dropbox which is where I'd rather keep my downloaded music anyways so I think that cancels No sd access out. Beats audio speaker is Awesome I have pair of beats studios and amazing pairing. The new HTC sense ui is nice like better then Samsung touchwiz personally. This phone is fast,Awesome screen, killer looking and just Awesome like my title says best smartphone I've ever owned and I've owned over 10(including all iPhones,think android much better but that's me) hope this helps $100 less the s3 and I Did a Month of research this is best att phone maybe just phone period right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best smartphone I have ever used, August 12, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have owned an iPhone 4 and most recently a Samsung Galaxy S 2 (both on AT&T). While I didn't care for the small screen of the iPhone or the Apple control freaks, I really grew to detest the Galaxy. In the year that I owned it, it was plagued with hardware and software problems which Samsung and AT&T were unable to fix. After AT&T replaced the Android Gingerbread OS with Ice Cream Sandwich OS things got worse. Sometimes I couldn't even make or receive calls. Since the Galaxy was under warranty, AT&T was willing to replace it with a HTC One X. I have used the One X for a week now and can report that it is a vast improvement over the Galaxy and even the iPhone. Basically, it operates flawlessly. Speed of operations is excellent. Applications operate reliably without crashing.
The screen is big and provides beautiful color rendering and, while it doesn't have the high contrast of the Galaxy, it doesn't oversaturate colors like the Galaxy did. Conversation audio quality is great. Unfortunately, the speaker is on the flat surface of the rear panel, so both audio quality and volume decrease when the phone is placed on its back. The volume and power buttons are almost flush mounted so activating either is a bit challenging. Based on other reviews I had concerns about battery life but, even with moderate use, it lasts two days between charges. Finally, the HTC Sync Manager makes synchronizing files and information with your PC a real pleasure and a vast improvement over iTunes.
Overall, this is the best smartphone I have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars By Far, the best phone I've owned., July 14, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I'm going to keep this review simple.

Pros:
BLAZING FAST performance (faster than the Samsung Galaxy S3 in almost all aspects, check out anandtech's review)
Great Audio Chip / Performance, good for listening to music
The BEST Screen out there.
The most wear resistant, scratch resistant phone I have EVER encountered.
GREAT Battery life (over 60% left after medium 12 hour usage)
4g LTE

Cons:
None so far, wish they would make it in more colors though.

Phones I've recently owned:

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9291fbb8)

HTC One X, White (AT&T)
Click for more info
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.