5.0 out of 5 stars State of the art
I don't know which is more impressive, the hTC Rezound or Verizon's 4G LTE network. I switched from the hTC EVO 4G on Sprint to this phone and the difference couldn't possibly be more dramatic.

Display:
Physically, the phones are a similar size. These large format smartphones take some getting used to, from carrying them in your pocket to the fine art of...
Published on November 23, 2011 by Sam P

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, Bad Battery
*Once a 4.5 star review, then down to 3.5. Now this review has been rewritten with one conclusion: DON'T EVEN BOTHER!*

TESTS:
------
This review used to contain a breakdown of two test scenarios (from 100% battery down to 10%) conducted and repeated within the first 30 days of using this phone. The results were good and acceptable for most people,...
Published on December 12, 2011 by L. Mills

‹ Previous | 14 5 615 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Terrible Phone, Slow, Buggy, and Almost Unusuable, March 29, 2013
This review is from: HTC Rezound 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
It actually came out of the box and the phone function itself didn't work, it wasn't until it got a software update that it actually worked. Right now it's unbearably slow. It takes it 60+ seconds to load up IM+ after it has been dumped out of RAM. I usually press and app and just walk away and come back when it's loaded. I've tried formating the thing 4 times, tried different Android builds, flushing the flash, and even kernel hacks. Nothing will make this thing any faster. Also the battery is terrible, even with the extended battery. Using it all day, it will end up dead before the night, and that's with the extended battery that makes it thicker than any smart phone on the market now. Bleh, I ranted about it so long on Facebook I'm all ranted out now, the thing just sucks.

2.0 out of 5 stars HTC Rezound, March 18, 2013
I've had the HTC Rezound for 1 year now. It's a good "device" but a poor phone.

CONS:
The call quality when receiving a call is terrible because the speaker "buzzes" when people speak fast or loudly on the other end. This is the 2nd Rezound I've had and the first one had the same issue. The phone's microphone is very sensitive and picks up background noises and magnifies them and makes it difficult for the people I call to hear me as well. If you make a lot of phone calls I can not recommend this phone.

Phone has "Beats Audio". I didn't notice a significant difference in audio quality over my iphone 3GS.

PROS:
This was one of the few phones I found that had zoom plus "wrap around text" built into the web browser. Much easier to read text than on other phones where you can only see part of a page and have to scroll back and forth. The phone is a very good size and easy to hold, display is very good as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, January 19, 2013
This is my first smart phone, and I think I made a great decision getting the Rezound. I've had it for almost two months, and I have yet to have any major problems with it. The battery life is actually really great, which is the main thing I was worried about. I use my phone fairly actively through the day and a full charge usually lasts me an entire day, and the most I've gotten out of one charge is around 36 hours. I do occasionally have issues with dropping wifi/3g connection, but it doesn't seem to be much of a problem. All I have to do is go to the settings menu and reconnect. The one thing I'm not happy with is the Beats headphones that came with this phone. They were amazing at first, but died after about 6 weeks. Considering the retail value of said headphones is pushing $100, I expected way more out of them. Since I basically got them for free, though, I'm not that upset. The sound quality on the phone is great, the camera could be a little better, but it's not terrible. I would definitely recommend this phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!! STAY AWAY!!!, January 3, 2013
Anthony Chavez (ALBUQUERQUE, NM, US) - See all my reviews
If you have half a brain, stay away from this phone. Battery life is very short (approx. 2.5 hrs with minimal use), phone is frequently hot, not getting Jelly Bean upgrade, and cannot fully take advantage of its features while on the go (like we all are) because the battery will die on you before lunch. If you're going to be sitting at a desk with it plugged in, then sure, you'll like the screen and features of this phone but if you can't be plugged in to an AC outlet, don't buy this phone. I've tried new batteries on both my own and my wife's Rezound and there was no difference. Why pay for a phone and $60 a month/phone for 4G LTE when you won't use it for fear it'll die by lunchtime. I have very few apps running on the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade and have disabled any app that might drain the battery without any improvement. One final question... Do you want a phone that you can use and isn't dead when you reach into your pocket or purse??? If so, stay away from this phone!

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!, August 1, 2012
When I got this phone I loved it, it was my first smartphone. Now its going crazy and deleting my pictures from my gallery and I have to constantly restart my phone to get them back. I would not recommend this product anymore because of that. It also freezes up on me a lot and kind of has a mind of its own. Also it will randomly force me to close out of an app. I find the best part of this phone is the headphones it comes with, great quality.
DO NOT BUY!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars I tried to like this phone.... but my 2 year old phone is better!, July 6, 2012
I really, really wanted to like this phone since we got it when Verizon was having a promotion and it was only $79. I just can't, though. It's not a horrible phone; the call quality is great and the audio is wonderful, and the screen is bright and vivid. But that is where it ends. The battery is HORRIBLE. My two year old Incredible still lasts me through the day with battery to spare as long as I don't use it heavily, but this phone often didn't. In the week I had it it died on me more than my Incredible has in the last 6 months. And yes, we turned off the 4G and turned down the settings, and it still didn't last. And that is without making any calls and spending maybe a half hour to an hour online. And no, it's not a defective phone; my husband also "upgraded" to the Rezound and his has the same flaws.

To be fair, we live in a rural area so the phone does have to struggle to hold the signal, I am sure in a downtown area it would be better, but the bottom line for me is that my 2 year old (original to the phone) battery, which is also in a smart phone, lasts longer. The only way to make it last as long as the Incredible is to turn the settings down so far that I can't even maintain a 3G signal at my house. Along those same lines, while the 3G is faster in town, at home the 3G on my Incredible is faster and more reliable.

All I can ask is why?? Why, HTC and Verizon, is my 2 year old phone a better phone than this? Oh sure, the graphics are better, the sound quality is better, but for actual functionality, my Incredible is the better phone. I will admit that the Rezound has a slightly stronger signal, which at a rural location is helpful, but the battery and the horrid 3G speeds (it takes several minutes to load a MOBILE webpage) outweighed any boost in signal strength. Why are you giving us only surface improvements while taking away basic functionality??

To sum up, I am sure it would be a perfectly acceptable phone in an more populated area, but being in a rural area it's flaws are readily apparent; my 2 year old phone has better battery and faster 3G. I made myself use this phone for a week to give it a chance to change my mind, but it's going back today. What does it say that my phone is 2 years old and has a smaller, less vivid screen, and I was relieved to turn it back on?

I sincerely hope Verizon and HTC are going to start producing more and better phones - this was your flagship phone for what, 8 months, and the battery doesn't last through the day? Give me a break!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best option for the money, April 16, 2012
After a painstaking process of reviewing numerous online sources before purchasing my first smartphone I decided upon the Motorola Bionic and the HTC Rezound, both being offered for $49.99 at the time. I decided to get the Bionic, and the gorilla glass is great (although not much of a selling point if adding a screen protector anyways). However, the ear piece speaker did not work well. After multiple calls to Verizon and a trip to the store, I returned it (I purchased it as a CPO from Verizon Online).
I then decided to get the Rezound. In almost every way the Rezound is a better phone. It is fast, battery is ok, it is a little heavy, the shape of the phone fits my hand better than Motorola and the the camera is far superior. Beats Audio is fantastic! (Although the included headphones are not the best to run with).
Most of all I was immediately taken aback by the difference in customer service between Verizon and Amazon. Amazon is hands down far superior in the level of service they provide. The 2 reps I talked were both polite and courteous, and actually answered my questions. I doubt I will every buy a phone from Verizon again. When all other things are equally, customer service is what separates two companies. Great job Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars awsome, February 24, 2012
First of do not listen to the Apple and Galaxy fanboys,the Galaxy and Iphone are far from perfect,where i will agree the battery could be better,but where this phone shines is the radios,never once have i had a drop call or data issues,unlike the galaxy,or the Iphone,hardware wise this phone will pretty much handle anything you throw at it,4G and Wifi are lightning fast,nice clear big screen well built,decent camera superior GPS,make the rezound a top notch phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very inperssed!!!!, February 22, 2012
OK, I'm comparing it to an android 2.2 tablet; BUT it does SO MUCH MORE. Now, my wife and I only need to figure out how to use all the features. At 63 we're not exactly smart phone gurus. I'm an OLD FORTRAN punchcard programmer and terminal C user. The Smithsonian has easy chairs right by ENIAC for all us old timers in the display.

The HTC 348 page manual is a bit much. But a whole lot better than the included Verizon docs.

I love it. Next, I must load the DejaOffice data and figure out android contacts.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good,, February 22, 2012
I got the phone yesterday and I am fairly impressed so far. Within a few minutes of unboxing I had it hooked to the computer for the root process. I am unimpressed with the current root process. It took about an hour and a half and was semi labor intensive. For those of you who root your phones do not attempt to flash an ICS ROM yet if this is going to be your daily phone. They are not ready to be stable daily ROMs yet.

Battery Life:
I lose about 10% an hour of normal use. This means it should last about ten hours. I definitely recommend getting extra batteries and an external battery charger available on amazon for about 25$ for two batteries and charger.

Screen: Brilliant...it is responsive, bright, and clear.

4G is ridiculously fast. It is currently running faster than my Verizon Fios Wifi!!

Will update review once I have had it longer.

‹ Previous | 14 5 615 | Next ›