5.0 out of 5 stars Confused between One X & Samsung Galaxy S3 ? READ THIS!
Published 21 months ago by JoHn

1.0 out of 5 stars Deception
deception, buy a htc one x 32 gb NEW and they sent me a used one with the split screen works and all but not what I bid. I contact the seller and not to solve or propose solutions.
Published 10 months ago by Alfredo Gonnella

5.0 out of 5 stars Confused between One X & Samsung Galaxy S3 ? READ THIS!, October 1, 2012
This review is from: HTC S720E One X Unlocked Android SmartPhone with 32GB Memory, 8MP HD Camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi - No Warranty - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
>>BUYERS BE WARE, there are many versions of this phone, the US at&t version is a 16 GB version, people unlock it via an unlock code and sell it as an unlocked international version, the international one has 32 GB & comes without the at&t logo on the front. You have to ask the seller BEFORE you buy if the phone has the at&t logo or not, this is the only way to know from the outside if it is the 16 GB or the 32 GB, you won't probably have this problem if you buy directly through Amazon, but some other re-sellers don't know the difference, or hope that YOU don't!<<

----Original review----
I used so many brands and models of phones and smartphones than I can remember, and this one here, except for the memory card thing, covers every hole that was in every other phone I used. It also covers any thing u may have thought of having in a phone, and it is doing that in style! I tried the Samsung Galaxy S3 at at&t before choosing the One x, and it really isn't better. I mean it is just about personal preferences, I always feel Samsung phones ( not all Samsung products, I love their TVs for example)have a cheap felling. Besides I liked how the One X looked more than the S3.

Pros:

-Amazing screen, and I am coming from a Motorola Droid Razr which has a very good screen itself. The screen here is sharper, colors are better, no shadows(Razr had a green shadow on all colors. Watching Youtube or any vids on this phone is a thing I long for throughout the day!
-Battery life is good enough for a full day with moderate use. Of course a lot of movie watching, game playing or hours long web surfing require a twice charging. Battery isn't impressive, but not bad.
-The 8 MP Camera deserves all the fuzz it received when first introduced, its pictures are steady, colors are vivid and quality is really high!
-Speed: The phone handles multitasking very well, games and videos are a breathe nothing you should worry about here.

Cons:

The only thing I didn't like about this phone, which is why I would say it is more like 4.5 stars not 5, is the lack of a memory card slot. I mean, seriously? it has a 2 year free subscription for extra storage online and everything, but whyyy?? How hard was it to add an extra slot for a memory card? An engineer's mistake without any doubt.

Bottom line, if you want an Android phone go for the One X or the S3, can't make up your mind, try them both and just pick any of them you will end up with a winner either way!

-----UPDATE------
So I was tempted to get the S3 since I have a month to exchange the phone with at&t and I wanted to know how better was the S3. I got the blue S3 and I certainly loved it, it doesn't feel cheap in hand as I expected, but it feels rather classy and here are my thoughts in comparison, I hope this experience may help other people decide:
- The S3 overall look is really slick, it is ofcourse all about personal preferences as I said before, but sometime I wished that the One X looked more like the blue S3! the metal edges gave it some superiority no doubt about that, the blue finish was really good, but the white looks really cheap, don't think about it!
- The Samsung motions( swipe to take a screen shot, raise the phone up to your ears with an open message to automatically dial the sender without pressing any keys & others) are really cool and are certainly a point above the OneX.
- Sd card slot, as basic as it is , it is better than not having one!
But that is it, these are the only things where the S3 bests the OneX
- The Svoice(Smamsung reply to iPhone's Siri) Is totally useless, and certainly needs more development, a good idea that may get better in newer models, but not a plus for the S3, not to mention it consumes more battery when turned on.
- The screen is different than the one X, I can't totally explain it, not the pixels density but mainly the colors. As I read online, it looks like Samsung forgot to calibrate its screens, so as good as they are, colors don't look natural. And you can't really feel it unless u spent some time with the OneX's gorgeous screen, colors aren't vibrant, a picture of a clear sea looks darker and less colorful on the S3 than the One X and though really good, the One X is considerably better.
- The camera is good, but again the One X's camera is definitely better both outdoor & indoor, may be not by much but the difference is there.
- Eye tracking: It was supposed to prevent the screen from sleeping when you are reading or surfing, well it doesn't do the job very well. In low light situations it is pretty much useless, since it depends on the front camera for eye tracking. In regular light it was ok, but again u had to hold to hold the phone in a certain way to make sure it "sees" your eye! I didn't find it that impressive..or useful!
- Speed:same for both
- Samsung's touchWiz vs htc Sense is an even battle I liked them both.
- Battery: both are almost the same battery wise, though moderate to heavy use will definitely require a twice per day charging with both of them, you may be able to get enough juice till you get back home. Actually light use easily gets you through the day.
Of course you can buy an extra battery with the S3 and swipe batteries cos the one X has a built in battery which the user can't replace on his own, but again you can buy a charging case for the oneX!
Both have NFC which I didn't use in the ~ Two weeks period with each phone.

-------Conclusion-------
If you want a better screen and camera definitely go with the oneX, you will regret you didn't go with it when you see one in comparison with the S3!
If you are a media fanatic who needs a lot of space, the the OneX isn't for u, the S3 is as good as a phone, even with a lower screen but with extra micro SD card slot. Also if you like to impress your friends, the little Samsung motions are certainly impressive and fun to use and the overall look may be a bit better.

WHAT DID I DO?
I missed how great the OneX screen was, I certainly missed how awesome HD vids looked on the screen, also I missed the slightly better camera, so I gladly paid the $35 restocking fee for at&t and again returned back to the OneX, black this time since the white one caught stains fairly easily and had to be cleaned from time to time! I sold the at&t over eBay and bought the unlocked international version with 32 GB built in memory, which was a bit more expensive but was definitely worth it!

-----------UPDATE 2------------
One thing people may need to consider is that if you are using this phone in the US, you are NOT getting 4G internet nor even 3g! The phone was registered on at&t as a 2G phone and it connects via the 2G US networks. Same goes to the international version of the Galaxy S3, The rep told me that the Samsung works only as a 2G phone as well on at&t, though it is really fast overseas, cos it is obviously meant to work there. I have WiFi at home & at work so that was not a problem for me. My advice is if you want to use this phone or the S3 on at&t you better buy the at&t version WITH the at&t logo, so you would be getting less storage(only 16GB) but quicker internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smartphone! Received exactly what was advertised, October 15, 2012
I never write reviews, but I have to say that I was very happy with the purchase of this product.
I have never ordered a smartphone on Amazon and had my hesitations when I see 'unbranded' and 'no warranty' plus some other reviews have stated that they have received other variations of this phone with different branding.
This phone was received in new condition, no scratches or marks, and the only branding was the HTC logo at the top of the phone. I checked the specs on the phone and they checked with what was advertised (32GB Memory, Quad Core). There was no 'crap-ware' or useless vendor trial applications on the phone - just the default HTC apps.
I have AT&T in North America. I used the micro-SIM card from my old iPhone 4 (the HTC does not come with a SIM) and had no problems placing or receiving calls immediately. I did have problems getting my data plan and voicemail switched over from an iPhone plan to a smartphone plan, mainly because it was not an AT&T phone/IMEI. After some tech support time, AT&T was able to get everything working.
If you're buying this phone, be aware that it will NOT work on AT&T's 4G LTE network..but it does work great on 3G! If you use most of your data via WiFi this shouldn't be an issue.
Seller was FGS Trading - received phone in quality packaging and also two days ealier than the delivery extimate :)

The phone itself...fast! No hesitations or lags. Screen is beautiful, clear, crisp and BRIGHT! Audio doesn't seem very loud like music, notifications, etc. Phone quality is great! Crystal clear both speaking and listening.

If you currently have an iPhone and thinking about getting a One X - do it!!! You'll be happy you did

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase!, September 13, 2012
This phone is exactly as described by the seller (black, 32GB memory, 4 cores, etc).

Have been using it for one day with no problem, and I'm impressed by the performance and how easy is to do stuff. Definitely would recommend it to someone else.

I live in Costa Rica, and it works perfectly with Kolbi 3G network (although I had to cut my SIM card to make it MicroSIM).

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it!!!, August 4, 2012
I love this phone, is gorgeous. Amazing screen. Full HD video. Pictures are average for a 8mps phone. Battery is the only con. It will last less than a day if you use it constantly. Great capacity. Very fast to start and process applications. Good volume. Had this one with an IPhone 4S for a week and HTC is far better in most aspects. Get a screen protector since does not come with one. WiFi antenna is strong. Best overall smartphone on the market as today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, July 31, 2012
Derek Bain (Doral, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I moved from a Nokia E72 to this phone. I waited a long time for a worthy touch-screen phone, and this one seemed to be the one, no pun intended! I've had it now for two weeks and not only can I not put it down, it has become indispensable!

The build quality is amazing, the screen is even more amazing, the call quality and loudness of the ear piece is the best I have ever experienced on any cell phone, and the camera quality is unbelievable for a cell phone! It seems to get signal in places where other phones don't get any at all. And it is fast!! I can't wait until HTC releases the Jelly Bean update for it... It's only going to get better!

Money very well spent! I highly recommend this phone!

And in case you're wondering why I bought this one, and not the LTE version (One XL), it's because not only is LTE not available here, the CDMA frequency that I require to get coverage is not available on the XL.

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 5 stars, but ... BATTERY! BATTERY! BATTERY! BATTERY!, August 14, 2012
[Edit to review: I originally gave the phone 4 stars, subtracting 1 star for the battery issue. After using the phone for a while more, I am so impressed as to up the rating to five stars despite that.]

Original review follows :

HTC should be praised for creating such a magnificent phone, and PUBLICALLY FLOGGED for giving it a scandalously inadequate battery---presumably just to make it sexily thin.

There are two problems with the battery: not only is it inadequate to get through even a day of normal use, but worse yet it is a permanent (hard-wired) battery, iPhone style, so you can not replace it with a higher capacity battery. On my previous phone (original HTC Desire), I used an inexpensive, after-market high capacity battery, which was great. But now, by ignorantly copying the iPhone, HTC has made that impossible.

My only remedy for the One's stupid battery was to get an external battery recharger (I opted for the Anker ®SlimTalk 3200mAh Backup External Battery Pack from Amazon). HTC should have made the phone a tad thicker, so the camera lens is flush with the back (it sticks out), and use the extra interior space for a bigger, and removable, battery.

One further comment --- if you are on T-Mobile, be aware that you'll need to get an older micro sim to use this phone. The new T-Mobile sims are marked "50.05", but you'll need to find one marked "50.01", else your internet will not work. Currently these can still be found on, e.g., eBay.

Others have elaborated on the phone's virtues, to which I would say "ditto" to them all. I am particularly struck by the awesome speech recognition, accurate keyboard, responsiveness, and of course the fabulous display. Camera is awesome though this was not an issue for me personally. In chosing this phone, I'd deliberated at length between this phone and the Samsung Galaxy s3.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deception, September 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars great, August 10, 2012
it is great beyond your imagination. while the battety is so short, that you need to take a battery tank. can not support one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Mobile Device, July 21, 2012
Beautiful, functional and completely awesome. Excellent device with all the current capabilities and functionalities you would want in a Smartphone. Just be sure to get a case when you're buying the phone... not only to provide protection from possible bumps and scrapes, but also to help keep the device clean (Especially if you bought the 'WHITE' Model).

5.0 out of 5 stars great, June 30, 2012
I bought this for my friend. This is a great cellphone, and the price is pretty low. It just took me 3days to get this phone,that was awesome.

Rate and Discover Movies