Combining the convenience of a tilting touch screen with the practicality of a slide out full QWERTY keyboard, the HTC Tilt 2 smartphone from AT&T keeps you connected with friends, business partners and world events with its ultra-fast HSDPA 3G cellular connectivity and the revamped Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system. It intelligently arranges your conversations by people, not by the application that you use to communicate with them. So when looking at your contacts, you can now see a history of your conversations in whatever form it took place, quickly and easily--even Facebook updates.
Stay connected with friends, business partners and world events wherever you roam with the sleek HTC Tilt 2, which features a slide-out/slide-away touchscreen, full QWERTY keyboard, and Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system.
The Tilt 2's high-resolution 3.6-inch touchscreen slides out to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard--which is optimized for heavy email use--and it can be easily tilted for an expanded viewing area. You'll also enjoy excellent conference calling with the speakerphone's dual speakers, dual microphones and advanced noise cancellation with StraightTalk technology that links email, conference calling. Activate the speakerphone by simply turning over the device and then easily mute the microphone with the separate mute button on the back.
The updated Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system includes a revamped Internet Explorer Mobile web browser and the ability to see alerts even if you're on a call or have password-protected your phone. You'll stay easily connected to your business and personal data on the go with support for a wide variety of email accounts as well as the ability to edit Microsoft Office documents. And with the new Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile services (as well as AT&T's Appcenter), you can easily back up your data to the web and download great apps respectively. The HTC Tilt 2 augments Windows Mobile 6.5 with HTC's innovative TouchFLO 3D overlay, which makes it easy to navigate with your finger.
This phone can quickly download video, music and more over AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can listen to a conference call on a headset while sending and receiving email attachments, picture messages or Web pages at the same time. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call. See more details on optional AT&T services below.
Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, integrated Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming as well as tethering capabilities (with optional AT&T subscription), microSD memory expansion up to 32 GB, and up to 8.5 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability)
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options.
- 3.2-inch touchscreen for easy navigation and ultra-sharp viewing of videos, websites, and photos
- Large slide-out/slide-away QWERTY keyboard with task acceleration keys
- Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system provides enhancements such as a touch-friendly user interface and improved browser with Flash support. Content and applications are just a fingertip away on the redesigned Start Menu and Internet Explorer Mobile supports the rich experiences you find on Web pages viewed on your PC. (Learn more)
- 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus, panoramic mode, geotagging, video capture capabilities and wide range of camera settings and tools
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits and tethering with your PC (with optional tethering plan). (Learn more)
- Digital audio player enables you to create and manage playlists right on the phone; compatible with MP3, WMA and unprotected AAC/AAC+ formats.
- FM radio with RDS capabilities displays the name of the currently playing song (when tuned to compatible radio stations).
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and MSN)
- Personal and corporate email includes up to five consumer email accounts and one corporate Microsoft Exchange email account
- Download and edit Word, Excel, and OneNote files as well as download and view PPT, PDF and ZIP files
- PC-like, full HTML web browsing with Internet Explorer Mobile
- Pre-loaded applications include Facebook, YouTube, Mobi4Biz, Mobile Banking, MSN Money, MSN Weather, My Cast, NewsBreak, Online Locker, WikiMobile, WorldCard Mobile, FM radio, JetCet Print 5, JetCet Presenter 6, Getting Started, Windows Office Mobile (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), Windows Live Lite, Windows Internet Explorer Mobile, Opera browser
- Pre-loaded games include Astraware Sudoko, Astraware boardgames, Bubble Breaker, Diner Dash 2, Ferrari GT Evolution, Guitar Hero IV, Ms Pac Man, Scrabble, Solitaire, Teeter
- Downloadable games, applications, wallpaper and more
- Voice dialing capabilities
- 3.5mm stereo headset adapter included in the box
The HTC Tilt 2 weighs 6.3 ounces and measures 4.54 x 2.33 x 0.65 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.5 hours of talk time, and up to 480 hours (20 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS). Learn more about this phone's technical specifications below.
What's in the Box
Handset, rechargeable battery, travel charger, USB charge/sync cable, extra stylus, screen protector, 3.5mm stereo headset adapter, quick start guide, CD with user guide
| || High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go. |
| || The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| || AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so. |
| || AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal. |
Windows Mobile 6.5 combines entirely new features with many enhancements to help you stay connected and manage your busy life. From a more intuitive gesture-driven interface (you can tap, drag, click, and pan) to a revamped Start screen, access and navigation are fast and easy. And with the new Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile services you can easily back up your data to the web and download great apps. With Windows Mobile 6.5, you can see alerts even if you’re on a call or have password-protected your phone. You’ll see new e-mail and text messages, missed calls and voice-mail notifications, and the date, time, and next calendar appointment. Other enhancements include:
- The new lock screen displays new messages and appointments without requiring that you enter a PIN when the phone is locked.
- You can easily customize your Today screen to display and access new e-mails, text messages, and other high-level information with a simple tap.
- The new Start screen provides ultimate access and control: quickly browse and open programs; easily customize program order (move the most used apps to the top) and add your favorite web sites.
- Internet Explorer Mobile provides a full, rich web viewing experience similar to the experience on your PC.
- The improved Windows Media Player Mobile lets you view full-screen video and provides audio and video playback enhancements, like pausing a song or video when you receive a call.
- Use the new My Phone Service to sync your phone and data to the web so it’s backed up and accessible.
- Express your sense of style with designer-theme-based phones (like the new Halo design) or create your own custom themes.
- New MSN Widgets provide real-time information on weather and stocks.
This phone also provides Bluetooth wireless connectivity (version 2.0), and includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and file transfer. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock. You can connect your laptop (either via Bluetooth or wired USB) and enjoy dial-up networking--surf the Internet, send email, and access files from a server (additional charges or subscription applicable).
Bluetooth profiles include: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), DUN (dial-up networking), FTP (file transfer), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures), PAN (personal area networking)
- Memory: 512 MB ROM, 288 MB RAM
- 3.6-inch color TFT LCD touchscreen with LED backlight and ambient light and proximity sensors
- Notification by sound, vibration, LEDs or message on the display
- USB connectivity via 11-pin mini-USB
- Memory slot: microSD (compatible with microSD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB in size)
- Digital audio compatibility: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR
- Digital video compatibility: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
4 x 2 x 0.7 inches ; 6.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002S0OD4O
- Item model number: ST7377
- Average Customer Review:
(50 customer reviews)
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Look for Similar Items by Category