5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacual Phone
Spectacular Phone!
I am a long-term Blackberry user that uses his phone mostly for business but also for managing personal accounts. For several years, I have used Blackberry to handle my messaging demands including two (2) exchange accounts and four (4) personal accounts. I had been waiting to move to phone that could smartly handle these needs, and I have found...
Published on June 15, 2011 by Charles

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "Smartphone" - Average "Phone"
Let me start this review by stating one thing first : This is an EXCELLENT "SMART"Phone.
This phone is a pure joy to hold it in your hand. The Build quality is top-notch and the back of the phone feels rich and stylish.
The front is full Gorilla glass - top grade.
Due to it's smart design, this does not feel big, its just the perfect size for a smartphone...
Published on June 29, 2011 by Sujoy Banerjee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC does it again!, November 19, 2011
This review is from: HTC Sensation 4G Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've owned 4 HTC phones since becoming a T-Mobile customer in 2005 and they continue to raise the bar on their phones. The Sensation 4G is a top of the line smartphone that packs a lot of punch.
First off, it's a beautiful phone. The design is sleek ,and dare I say, sexy. It's thin, but feels great in the hands. It is a big phone, but don't think of it as being heavy or bulky. It definitely fits in your pocket or purse with no problems whatsoever.

The phone itself is fast, very easy to use, and has a lot to offer in terms of content. The Sense 3.0 UI is clean, crisp, and just beautiful. The thing I love most about Sense 3.0 is how customizable it is. You can make this phone YOUR phone from ringtones, wallpaper, skin, layout, and more. You can watch movies, listen to music, surf the web, e-mail, etc with ease on this phone.

The phone ships with Android's Gingerbread OS, with the before mentioned Sense 3.0 UI overlay. Like any Android phone, you can add apps via the Android Market with things like Netflix (looks great on this phone), CNN, ESPN, and more.

The only flaw I found in this phone is the battery life. I remedied this issue by purchasing a 3rd party extended battery. If you plan on using this phone as it's designed to be used for, I'd highly recommend getting an extended battery and using the stock battery as a backup or for home use.

Overall, I love this phone and can't recommend it enough to anyone looking for a true smartphone. It's a phone that I can see myself using 2 years down the road with no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Android phone, August 5, 2011
I am replacing my Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) with Sensation. The Vibrant itself was the 'best' Android phone on T-Mobile 12 months ago.

I immediately noticed a few improvements:
1. GPS is quick to lock (less than 5 seconds), whereas my Vibrant will take up to a minute, and doesn't stay locked for long.
2. Battery life is better, I estimated with my usage, it maybe 2 to 4 hours better than Vibrant.
3. Heavier due to the material being used, more 'metal' than the plasticky Vibrant.
4. Has an LED notification light, although it's hidden inside the speaker grille so it's not easily noticeable if the phone is at a certain angle facing you.
5. Apps do seem to launch faster, this is no surprise as Sensation has a 1.2ghz dual-core processor.
6. Screen is gorgeous, due to the qHD resolution, texts are super crisp.

Of course, there're no such thing as a perfect phone, Sensation also have a few short comings (#1, #2 can be fixed by software).
1. HTC Sense, this may be a pro to average consumers, but I would rather use the standard Android launcher (or Launcher Pro). Even with a dual-core processor, I still noticed minimal lag while swiping the home screens. Not to mention Sense itself took up a lot of valuable memory out of the paltry 768MB.
2. qHD resolution. While texts are crisp, they are also smaller compared to other normal resolution phones. Most apps are designed for 480x800 resolution, texts will appear smaller on those apps. Hopefully this will not be an issue with future updates.
3. The front camera sucks. It's a 0.3mp camera. HTC, this is 2011, at least use a 1.3mp camera!
4. Speakerphone is kinda weak. At both of their highest settings, my friend's iphone4 is about 25% louder than Sensation.

Most professional reviewers crowned the Samsung Galaxy S2 as the best Android phone as of June 2011. I don't have the opportunity to see it in real life, so I don't know whether Galaxy S2 is a better phone or not. What I do know is as of July 2011, Sensation is the best Android phone available on T-Mobile. In six months it doesn't matter anyway, as another 'super' phone will come out and both Sensation and Galaxy S2 will become obsolete. Heck, a new iPhone in September will probably make my new Sensation look like old-tech.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome phone, June 20, 2011
i love this phone. it has everything i need. i still have to get used to it because it does have A LOT of stuff. it takes awesome pictures, very clear. the ONLY thing i don't like is that you cant put a song as a text tone. thats my only complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as powerful as the Galaxy S 2, but way more powerful than any other phone you're using., July 1, 2011
This is my seventh different android phone, and may I say the best I've had my hands on. The device is hands down the nicest looking handset out there. Feels solid and looks drop dead sexy. It doesn't necessarily blow away other devices such as the Thunderbolt or Galaxy S 1 when launching apps individually. I mean it is slightly faster (still 1.2Ghz vs 1.0Ghz), but where it really excels at is multitasking and that's where this dual core beast starts to flex it's large muscles. The device never really slows down or gets bogged down like the Thunderbolt, SGS1, or any other single core device. Instead it keeps chugging along with you every step of the way without skipping a beat.

Gaming on the device also gives you nice and smooth framerates, and this phone by far is HTC's best gaming handset (Now only comparable to the EVO 3D).

The screen is great, but nowhere near as nice as Samsungs SAMOLED(+) screens IMO.

Sense 3.0 looks great and adds a few nice additions over the previous version of sense. The UI does tend to shudder every once and a while but i'm certain that HTC/T-mobile can correct this with a software update as the hardware itself is plenty capable to run everything else smooth.

The camera is very nice, and in most cases is capable of replacing a pocket camera as long as you're shooting in good light. The built in flash does a great job at lighting up close ups at night, but like most cell phone cameras, don't expect the flash to fill a room.

T-Mobile's "4G" speeds aren't as fast as Verizon's LTE speeds but in my real world tests between the Sensation and the Thunderbolt it means that YouTube videos are launching 1 to 3 seconds faster. Mind you Verizon's LTE speeds will net you literally double the download speeds that you can get from T-Mobile, so seeing that videos only start playing a couple seconds sooner reminds you that LTE speeds are a little overkill for smartphones right now. The built in browser feels extremely smooth and renders everything without any hiccups including heavy websites like engadget.

Overall am I extremely happy with this device and would recommend it to anyone looking for new powerful smartphone. This is the first device that I'm happy with that isn't rooted and modded. Nice work HTC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, June 24, 2011
I went to Tmobile and upgraded to this phone on 15th of June 2011(day it came out) I am very happy with it! I had a Blackberry Curve which was terrible, then I got the Tmobile G1 which was good until it started dropping calls and due to its flip out screen design breaking I again was in search of a good phone with Tmobile. The G2x was fast but kept rebooting and shutting off by itself. So I got the Sensation and very pleased! Fast phone, great display,(I dont understand people that want a more detailed display, its a phone) And above all I get reception everywhere I go!!! So far I haven't had any dropped calls or rebooting issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective. Broke after 1.5 years., November 25, 2012
D. Stamatis (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone, the day it was released, back in May, 2011.

2 hardware defects:

1) Incoming calls: I can no longer hear the person on the other end. They hear me, but I can't hear them. The only workarounds are using a headset or switching to speakerphone.

I've confirmed this is definitely a hardware defect (and not a software, routing, or settings issue).

2) GPS internal antenna is very weak. I've had assisted-GPS phones that lock within a few seconds. This phone takes 2+ minutes. And, in the car, unless it's sitting on my dashboard, it only barely gains a lock within 20 feet. Absurd.

So, aside from the phone not being to make phone calls, and the GPS not being able to navigate... it's just peachy.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone ever?, May 6, 2013
Yes. I'm on, oh, let's see, maybe my 16th free replacement HTC Sensation from T-Mobile. I'm pretty sure no one else is going to actually purchase this buggy, erratic phone anymore, but I wanted to put my negative review in just to be sure. Any positive review for this phone is from 2011. Do your research, this phone has no longevity.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not keep, December 27, 2014
This is a phone you do not want to keep for a long time. At first, the performance is great, but it sadly fails to impress me with it becoming slowly outdated and the insufficient amount of applications I can download onto it, regardless of the external memory. Also, its battery life depletes rapidly while playing music and videos. I would not recommend anyone to keep this phone for long term.

2.0 out of 5 stars good but with its big faults, October 1, 2013
I have had this phone for 2 years and truely it has been one very frustrating breakdown after another.. I did have almost a full year of good working phone but when I got it It broke down within months with a problem that would plague me for the next 6 and get so bad I had to send it back ( randomly just shuts off) ontop of that after I got that fixed (sent away 2 times) I also have the problem of it randomly wont connect to the internet and I have to take the battery and everything out just to get it to work again.. Now I had the first problem reaccur again but I found a google fix for it. That being said a new problem just as bad has come up.. the touch screen is screing up BADLY and costs $140 to get it fixed.. *sigh* it was a good phone aside from all the stupid problems that have come up. sorry HTC but I'm dissapointed in this product. Now I'm stuck with another year of contract or pay up $140 to get it fixed and hope no new problems arise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daugter Loves My Old Sensation 4g, September 11, 2013
I bought my HTC Sensation 4g about 2 weeks before Christmas 2011. I was upgrading from my HTC MyTouch 3g, which by then had become slow and lethargic due to apps that required more horsepower than the single-core processor could provide. I have loved my Sensation 4g for the 15 months or so that I used it and I think the 4.3 inch screen is the perfect size. In May 2013, I upgraded to the HTC One, which is ranked as the number one Android device by many publications. I handed my old Sensation 4g phone to my daughter after getting the local T-mobile store to reinitialize and install a new sim card with a new number for my daughter. Needless to say, she loves the phone, even though it's 2 year old technology now. I love my HTC one, but in my pocket, I sometimes miss the smaller size of my old Sensation 4g. Oh, by the way, I got a Sensation 4g for my wife on Valentines day 2012. She loves her Sensation 4g, too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

HTC Sensation 4G Android Phone (T-Mobile)
Used & New from: $69.90