5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacual Phone
Spectacular Phone!
I am a long-term Blackberry user that uses his phone mostly for business but also for managing personal accounts. For several years, I have used Blackberry to handle my messaging demands including two (2) exchange accounts and four (4) personal accounts. I had been waiting to move to phone that could smartly handle these needs, and I have found...
Published on June 15, 2011 by Charles

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "Smartphone" - Average "Phone"
Let me start this review by stating one thing first : This is an EXCELLENT "SMART"Phone.
This phone is a pure joy to hold it in your hand. The Build quality is top-notch and the back of the phone feels rich and stylish.
The front is full Gorilla glass - top grade.
Due to it's smart design, this does not feel big, its just the perfect size for a smartphone...
Published on June 29, 2011 by Sujoy Banerjee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome phone, June 20, 2011
This review is from: HTC Sensation 4G Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
i love this phone. it has everything i need. i still have to get used to it because it does have A LOT of stuff. it takes awesome pictures, very clear. the ONLY thing i don't like is that you cant put a song as a text tone. thats my only complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as powerful as the Galaxy S 2, but way more powerful than any other phone you're using., July 1, 2011
This is my seventh different android phone, and may I say the best I've had my hands on. The device is hands down the nicest looking handset out there. Feels solid and looks drop dead sexy. It doesn't necessarily blow away other devices such as the Thunderbolt or Galaxy S 1 when launching apps individually. I mean it is slightly faster (still 1.2Ghz vs 1.0Ghz), but where it really excels at is multitasking and that's where this dual core beast starts to flex it's large muscles. The device never really slows down or gets bogged down like the Thunderbolt, SGS1, or any other single core device. Instead it keeps chugging along with you every step of the way without skipping a beat.

Gaming on the device also gives you nice and smooth framerates, and this phone by far is HTC's best gaming handset (Now only comparable to the EVO 3D).

The screen is great, but nowhere near as nice as Samsungs SAMOLED(+) screens IMO.

Sense 3.0 looks great and adds a few nice additions over the previous version of sense. The UI does tend to shudder every once and a while but i'm certain that HTC/T-mobile can correct this with a software update as the hardware itself is plenty capable to run everything else smooth.

The camera is very nice, and in most cases is capable of replacing a pocket camera as long as you're shooting in good light. The built in flash does a great job at lighting up close ups at night, but like most cell phone cameras, don't expect the flash to fill a room.

T-Mobile's "4G" speeds aren't as fast as Verizon's LTE speeds but in my real world tests between the Sensation and the Thunderbolt it means that YouTube videos are launching 1 to 3 seconds faster. Mind you Verizon's LTE speeds will net you literally double the download speeds that you can get from T-Mobile, so seeing that videos only start playing a couple seconds sooner reminds you that LTE speeds are a little overkill for smartphones right now. The built in browser feels extremely smooth and renders everything without any hiccups including heavy websites like engadget.

Overall am I extremely happy with this device and would recommend it to anyone looking for new powerful smartphone. This is the first device that I'm happy with that isn't rooted and modded. Nice work HTC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, June 24, 2011
I went to Tmobile and upgraded to this phone on 15th of June 2011(day it came out) I am very happy with it! I had a Blackberry Curve which was terrible, then I got the Tmobile G1 which was good until it started dropping calls and due to its flip out screen design breaking I again was in search of a good phone with Tmobile. The G2x was fast but kept rebooting and shutting off by itself. So I got the Sensation and very pleased! Fast phone, great display,(I dont understand people that want a more detailed display, its a phone) And above all I get reception everywhere I go!!! So far I haven't had any dropped calls or rebooting issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective. Broke after 1.5 years., November 25, 2012
D. Stamatis (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone, the day it was released, back in May, 2011.

2 hardware defects:

1) Incoming calls: I can no longer hear the person on the other end. They hear me, but I can't hear them. The only workarounds are using a headset or switching to speakerphone.

I've confirmed this is definitely a hardware defect (and not a software, routing, or settings issue).

2) GPS internal antenna is very weak. I've had assisted-GPS phones that lock within a few seconds. This phone takes 2+ minutes. And, in the car, unless it's sitting on my dashboard, it only barely gains a lock within 20 feet. Absurd.

So, aside from the phone not being to make phone calls, and the GPS not being able to navigate... it's just peachy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good phone if you don't have to use it as a phone, October 5, 2013
Bought this phone, HTC Sensation 4G, to use on T-Mobile network. This combo went over as well as pure grain alcohol and sleeping pills. Although the phone has nice functions its weak reception on a weak (T-mobile) network makes tin cans and string desirable. Sound quality on this phone and the sound quality on the receiving end is tinny. Oh well, another expensive lesson at the school of hard knocks.

2.0 out of 5 stars good but with its big faults, October 1, 2013
I have had this phone for 2 years and truely it has been one very frustrating breakdown after another.. I did have almost a full year of good working phone but when I got it It broke down within months with a problem that would plague me for the next 6 and get so bad I had to send it back ( randomly just shuts off) ontop of that after I got that fixed (sent away 2 times) I also have the problem of it randomly wont connect to the internet and I have to take the battery and everything out just to get it to work again.. Now I had the first problem reaccur again but I found a google fix for it. That being said a new problem just as bad has come up.. the touch screen is screing up BADLY and costs $140 to get it fixed.. *sigh* it was a good phone aside from all the stupid problems that have come up. sorry HTC but I'm dissapointed in this product. Now I'm stuck with another year of contract or pay up $140 to get it fixed and hope no new problems arise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daugter Loves My Old Sensation 4g, September 11, 2013
I bought my HTC Sensation 4g about 2 weeks before Christmas 2011. I was upgrading from my HTC MyTouch 3g, which by then had become slow and lethargic due to apps that required more horsepower than the single-core processor could provide. I have loved my Sensation 4g for the 15 months or so that I used it and I think the 4.3 inch screen is the perfect size. In May 2013, I upgraded to the HTC One, which is ranked as the number one Android device by many publications. I handed my old Sensation 4g phone to my daughter after getting the local T-mobile store to reinitialize and install a new sim card with a new number for my daughter. Needless to say, she loves the phone, even though it's 2 year old technology now. I love my HTC one, but in my pocket, I sometimes miss the smaller size of my old Sensation 4g. Oh, by the way, I got a Sensation 4g for my wife on Valentines day 2012. She loves her Sensation 4g, too.

1.0 out of 5 stars HATE, HATE, HATE THIS PHONE, April 10, 2013
Where shall I begin? NO BATTERY LIFE, my part time job is charging this phone. Constant ridiculous issues with it. NOT user friendly. It will just completely freeze up when I have an email or text message come in, or my favorite just completely dump and shut down the webpage you were just reading for no reason. You should be able to just plug your USB and get a prompt, but instead you have to go through all these extra steps just to get the most basic things done. My old Blackberry was far more impressive than this piece of garbage. I have been suffering for over a year now and so very glad they are coming back. Will never buy another HTC. Now I know why everybody complained about them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great phone! (when it works), September 5, 2012
Troy (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this phone brand new through t-mobile. It worked great (even had free wifi hotspot capability until I upgraded from Gingerbread to Ice cream sandwich) for four months. That's when it started to develop a problem that this phone is known for.... screen freeze and uncommanded resets. It started off slowly, maybe once a day, but over a week's time, it was a 5 - 6 times per day thing. The phone would perform a restart on it's own. Very annoying.... especially in the middle of a call as I would have to wait for the phone to cycle back on before I could call the person back.

t-mobile sent me a replacement which worked perfectly for about 12 hours, and then it began to do the same stuff...except worse. Currently working directly with HTC for a repair or replacement.

I'd consider another model - HTC makes great phones but the Sensation is hit & miss.... not good if you're away from home on business.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, May 23, 2012
love this phone.have had for awhile now and no problems at all
would recommend to anyone.easy to use phone works great only slight complaint is speaker volune

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›