5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacual Phone
Spectacular Phone!
I am a long-term Blackberry user that uses his phone mostly for business but also for managing personal accounts. For several years, I have used Blackberry to handle my messaging demands including two (2) exchange accounts and four (4) personal accounts. I had been waiting to move to phone that could smartly handle these needs, and I have found...
Published on June 15, 2011 by Charles

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "Smartphone" - Average "Phone"
Let me start this review by stating one thing first : This is an EXCELLENT "SMART"Phone.
This phone is a pure joy to hold it in your hand. The Build quality is top-notch and the back of the phone feels rich and stylish.
The front is full Gorilla glass - top grade.
Due to it's smart design, this does not feel big, its just the perfect size for a smartphone...
Published on June 29, 2011 by Sujoy Banerjee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 58 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Great phone! (when it works), September 5, 2012
Troy (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Sensation 4G Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased this phone brand new through t-mobile. It worked great (even had free wifi hotspot capability until I upgraded from Gingerbread to Ice cream sandwich) for four months. That's when it started to develop a problem that this phone is known for.... screen freeze and uncommanded resets. It started off slowly, maybe once a day, but over a week's time, it was a 5 - 6 times per day thing. The phone would perform a restart on it's own. Very annoying.... especially in the middle of a call as I would have to wait for the phone to cycle back on before I could call the person back.

t-mobile sent me a replacement which worked perfectly for about 12 hours, and then it began to do the same stuff...except worse. Currently working directly with HTC for a repair or replacement.

I'd consider another model - HTC makes great phones but the Sensation is hit & miss.... not good if you're away from home on business.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, May 23, 2012
love this phone.have had for awhile now and no problems at all
would recommend to anyone.easy to use phone works great only slight complaint is speaker volune

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing smartphone! simply Wonderful!, March 15, 2012
The HTC Sensation is a awesome smartphone! I love mine! I have had no problems with it! It's fast, and incredibly easy to use the image quality is outstanding! This is the best phone I've ever owned and I've owned blackberries , androids, I phones, but this phone beats them all! There is so much you can do with this phone and all ability are easy to learn ! I use my phone as a wireless router,I tether my device, sync with my computer and I learned to do these things with no problems! HTC makes it easily done! I love expandable memory,I' ve changed my card to a 16GB for more apps, yes most apps can be moved to the SD card freeing up phones memory. Video is simplily fabulous on this phone ! This phone is incredibly fast! I highly recommend this phone!you can personalize the seven home screens and make it truly your style! Can't say enough about good things!you must see for yourself,you will LOVE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing phone, a few cons, March 1, 2012
I used to think I won't need smartphones. How wrong I was! Once I got this thing, I cant leave home without it.

This phone is a BEAST when it comes to things like office, video playback, internet, and speed of basically everything. I can study off my powerpoints on Kingsoft Office while listening to youtube music on Dolphin Browser HD, all on 4G connection.

If there was an option for a 4.5/5 I would choose it. The phone is not without imperfections, and the major hang is BATTERY LIFE! Taking calls or making calls with this smart phone drains its battery HEAVILY. Have to turn down quite a few features once you get it (most of non-essential sync, brightness), they are all unnecessary stuff you don't need.

This was my first smartphone, but I can already tell other people are jealous of my sexy phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I've owned, January 25, 2013
lea w (seattle, wa) - See all my reviews
To start: Battery life is maybe 10 hours. Maybe. It's ridiculously slow, and I'm not talking about the speed of service. If I try and open an app, the phone sits and thinks for probably 20 seconds before the app will open. If I've ever toggled between apps and then hit the Home Screen button, the phone restarts itself. If I make a phone call and then hit the Home Screen button, the phone restarts. If I try and touch the phone, it restarts. The keyboard is so small that it takes me five minutes erasing all of the periods I've entered when i meant to hit the space bar. And the thing is HEAVY. After about two weeks of usage I learned exactly how much I hated this phone, but I waited for the Samsung Galaxy III to come out, and it was like a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, I dropped my Galaxy while at the gym and the screen shattered. I therefore had to resort back to this phone until my screen gets fixed, and I'm reminded of how god-awful and waste of money this POS is.

1.0 out of 5 stars it is garbage, and money loss, December 22, 2014
i have it for 6 month , it disconnect to internet many times every day , today it did not receive charge , it is garbage , and money loss .

1.0 out of 5 stars Wowwww this phone has some bugs, April 18, 2012
maj71303 (shreveport, louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
I got my wife this phone and months later she has demanded another phone after dealing with the constant problems. The Phone will reboot after being idle, has the worst battery life, and every time you turn around something is force closing or stopping. The issues just almost mad her throw it out the window of our car into the river.

She has said she wants no more android phones since this isn't the first one with problems like that. So we now have migrated to windows phone 7 as it was like night and day to her. We don't try to stuff a phone with apps and after a while you don't use have the apps on a phone hardly any. So for us we don't listen to this one has this many apps as most or useless anyway.

So be warned everyone the latest apps and how much it can be customized means nothing is a phone can do the simple task of being a phone first.

Update:

You know what bugs us the most is that phones that could be updated get left behind very quickly each time a new Android OS comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PHONE IN T-MOBILE HISTORY, August 10, 2011
THIS PHONE DOES EVERYTHING FROM 8 MEGAPIXEL CAM TO REALLY GOOD INTERNET SPEEDS. WITH THE WIFI CALLING, I CAN BE ON THE PHONE AND THE INTERNET AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT IT SLOWING DOWN AT ALL. ALSO WITH THE WIFI CALLING I HAVE YET TO DROP A CALL! THE BEST TMOBILE PHONE EVER.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great at first then went bad fast- update- good again, August 31, 2012
My advice is don't get it unless you get extra batteries (like Ankers Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE,Sensation 4G, EVO 3D, Mytouch 4G Slide, Amaze 4G - White ) and condition them properly (see bottom of review). I replaced my very old razor as I was waiting for the best phone of the moment to be out and get some feedback back from users on functionality and reliability. I had the HTC Sensation 4G for about 3 to 4 months and wrote rave reviews--I loved it. I watched YouTube videos, emailed, surfed the web, listened to Science Fridays and enjoyed lots of apps.

After a year of owning it I have a quite different story to tell (but now see update at bottom too). After you download all the apps that you want and fill the phone with texting, videos, etc., it started to wig out (but it was a simple battery problem in my case). Now that I use all the features the phone overheats, seriously lags, shuts off at random, restarts at random, drops WIFI calls when I am standing next to the wireless router. It even turned itself back on in a movie theater while I was watching a film and took a call (is it the poor on/off button location? Can it really be pressed to turn on in my pocket???) and it has done that more than once (OK, lots of times). I keep the phone in my front pocket and it has never been dropped or been near any water so I can't explain the behavior. When I pull it out of my pocket sometimes it is on when it should be off and other times it is off when I thought it was on. I've noticed that it does like to turn itself off during power changes. For example, I have 40%-50% battery left and I dial a number, as soon as it start to connect it shuts off or reboots. It did that with a text message as well. The WIFI was on once and off at other times (WIFI is a huge power sucker and the 2 new Anker 1900mAh batteries and extra charger cured all of these problems).

Right now the worst problem is the shutdown/reboot issue (cured by new batteries). After a couple hours of use, my Sensation has a nasty habit of turning itself off every 10-20 minutes. Sometimes it gets stuck in a loop and the only way I can keep it running is to plug it in and charge it (and it has plenty of juice left in the defective battery according to the battery saver application). I've tried pulling the battery (I'm really good at getting it out of the case in seconds now), restarts, turn off everything (make sure WIFI, GPS and Bluetooth is off), shut down all apps, letting it cool down and the only fix is to plug it into a charger. I've read on the forums that having extra Anker batteries around are a good work around (boy was he right, thanks again gramps!) so I'll look into those as everyone that sends their phones back get the same thing back or worse (I stuck with the devil I knew and the new batteries fixed it).

Brand new, out of the box it has a poor speaker-phone, lousy battery life and is very picky about signal strength (poor call quality when not using headset as I can't hear people without jamming it into my ear, and it drops lots of calls). The keyboard is almost impossible to use in vertical mode and it has a new bug in the new Ice Cream update that does not allow the screen to rotate to horizontal without a restart. I don't have any experience with Samsung but I'd like to try anything else at this point(see update below)...

++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE

On the T-Mobile forums I found many that had the exact same problems as I did. They have a bunch of troubleshooting steps and one guy recommended getting the Anker battery set (2 batteries plus a charger for about $30) and I did. All my problems went away with the new Ankers! when i received the new batteries it stated that they had to be broken in with 4-5 charges to 100% and then use the HTC until dead (as close to 0% as possible) and then charge up to 100% again without interruption. I am still doing this right now by taking one battery charged to 100% and then putting depleted spare in the charger (after about 4 hours it is fully charged) until it is back to 100% then I stick it is a plastic (non-conductive) bag and keep it in my pocket until I need it.

I must have ruined the original battery and it took about 3 or 4 months to start acting goofy and making the phone unusable. I now have 100% of the function back without any real problems. All the freezing, reboots and shutdowns (at full charge), rapid power consumption, etc have stopped and the phone is totally great again. I wish that HTC would put a warning about battery problems on the box. I have to believe that this is a random thing with "bad" batches of batteries because many on the forums never had any of my problems.

In my case the batteries made all the difference! Beware of breaking them in properly...also the Ankers at 1900mAh (Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE,Sensation 4G, EVO 3D, Mytouch 4G Slide, Amaze 4G - White)last alot longer and make the phone even better than new! So it begs the question: Why don't they ship it with the 1900mAh batteries?

1.0 out of 5 stars Would never buy this again, January 11, 2012
Piece of junk. I am on my 4th Sensation in 2 weeks. First one would intermittently shut down (completely, and would need to be rebooted), second one had defective bluetooth, third one had dust under the screen in 1 day of use, and now the 4th one also has dust after 6 days of use. The dust issue is all over the forums, yet HTC support says they've never heard of the issue. My provider says "they all do it" when I complained of the dust. Very frustrating for a $550 phone. Hope someone gets angry enough to file a class action.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 58 | Next ›

HTC Sensation 4G Android Phone (T-Mobile)
Used & New from: $69.90