5.0 out of 5 stars HTC redesign makes an already good phone into a great Phone!
The HTC TITAN was a very good smart phone. I could quibble about a couple of things but it was a unique well thought out design. Well HTC went back to the drawing board and redesigned it for the TITAN II and it made (IMHO) it into the best Windows Phone yet if not the best phone period. Now, let me just state that to start off with that I believe the new Windows phone...
Published on April 12, 2012 by NH3MAN

3.0 out of 5 stars HTC Titan II is a solid smartphone that will complement the new Windows 8 OS for PC and Slate...
A few weeks ago, I attended a technology presentation at my job where I saw a demo of the new Windows 8 operating system that will be available on both Windows PC's and Windows slate tablets. Instead of using the traditional screen icons, the new Windows 8 OS interface uses color coordinated tiles that are suppose to make it easier for users to navigate to...
Published 22 months ago by freeismylife

5.0 out of 5 stars Good windows phone, April 18, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Got this phone from Microsoft for free a weeks ago, and loving it so far. No it is not as nice looking as the Nokia 900, but it is not bad looking either. Contrary to popular belief, windows phones' app market is not weak by any means. One can find most useful app counterparts from android, iOS etc.
The phone's signal reception is good. Screen looks great, and the phone is very responsive with no lag.
The price at 200$ is a bit steep, but you do get what you paid for with one of the best cameras on a smart phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars No transit maps, poor performance, September 21, 2012
gksf (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Public transit route finder was a must have for my phone purchase. Three months after I bought HTC Titan II, the public transit function of the map app was discontinued. Went back to ATT store, they confirm there is no public transit route finder app for this phone. Best you can do in SF is next bus, which doesn't help if you don't know how to get there.

ATT Visual voice mail is hit and miss. Sometimes a new message indicator shows on the home page, other times not. Sometimes the phone just doesn't ring for an incoming call.

Email needs to sync twice - usually nothing happens on first attempt except to say that the phone was synced 2 seconds ago.

Can't check in on Yelp. Other apps similarly disappointing.

You won't get much help from ATT salespeople. They are unfamiliar with verbal speed dial, spreadsheets, transit functions, international keyboards, and other smart phone features. When I demonstrate malfunction right in the store, they just look blank.

HTC Titan Ii is a nice screen with office documents, but it is not a good mobile phone.

I already used up my free trade in on the bug-ridden Lumia 900 that crashed it's first weekend out, leaving me stranded.

I'm going back to iPhone because I need the Chinese character input functions not available on android phones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 26, 2012
maj71303 (shreveport, louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Pretty good phone that has an OS that doesn't give a lot of problems. It doesn't take long to learn Windows Phone OS at is really simple. Most complain about apps but really how many do people use.....the answer only a few at a time. WP7 has all the major apps and not a lot of the mind numbing dribble that is over 85% of the other app stores. The phone is big but has a great screen, 16mp camera, front facing cam, and you don't need apps for a number of things that integrated into the OS. It looses one star because HTC sucks badly in keeping there phone updated and supporting their phones. It doesn't matter whether is android or WP7 HTC sucks at support. If you want a better phone go to Nokia for WP7 or Samsung.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good option for a WP 7., September 5, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My Wife owned an original Titan, and after many problems and exchanges we got the Titan 2. I am very relieved to say it is a good device. The call quality is very good, one of the worst parts of the original. HTC not only fixed it, it may be a little better than my Samsung Focus S (also a Windows Phone 7). The camera performance is very good- but the shutter speed is annoying slow. She has missed several shots waiting on it. But there are so many adjustments and controls she has had a pretty decent time playing around with it. She loves the photo quality. This device is large (living up to it's name) and that is something else she loves about it. The screen is a nice balance of color and detail. The large screen actually helps in this regard, as you do not need to "pinch-to-zoom" so much that the pixels become a distraction. It plays videos well (no Adobe Flash player, be warned) and is a decent though not outstanding music player. It is a seamless experience, loading websites, apps, and tools quickly and uniformly. It is a breeze to learn, and you can pin any app, web site, or tool to your front page as a tile and remove whatever is annoying to you. For those who live in a major urban setting, it offers AT&T's LTE signal which is lightning fast. If not, you will enjoy the very good upload/download speeds of their 4G HPSA+ signal. It is a little pricey, and the Nokia 900 is quite a bit cheaper and an outstanding option if camera performance and screen size is not as important to you. The Samsung Focus S is another great WP device, though without LTE and again a little lacking in the camera results.

Overall, I can say I am a little down on HTC due to our bad experience with the first Titan, but they really seemed to have gotten it together for the Titan 2. This is a solid, fun, and amazingly smooth device. We love the Windows Phone experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone with good performance, September 3, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone more than 4 months ago when it was just released. I really enjoy using it.

Pros:
For all the basic functions such as making calls, browsing internet and emails and sending emails, no problem was found. The camera works very well and makes beautiful pictures. You can easily upload or download pictures and music from your computer using the software Zune, but without converting any formats. The Office software also works well, though it does not work as good as a real computer. My pictures uploaded years ago on Windows Live space was automatically shown in my albums this makes me very happy.

Cons:
1. I could not make phone calls using a earphone (The earphone works well for other HTC phones). I could hear from the earphone but the microphone does not work. This might be due to the connection problem in the plug in site. I called att and they are sending me a new one and hopefully this will be resolved.
2. This phone is heavy compared to other Windows phones such as Samsung Focus S. But it is OK for guys.
3. Much less apps than Android and iPhones.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is my first Windows phone and I LOVE IT!!! I decided to try Windows(The Titan 2) due to the fact that I have grown tired of Android. I had been an Android user for over 3 years and I just became bored with it. The slowness of the upgrades and all of the bloatware issues. Windows 7 is VERY refreshing to say the least. I decided on the Titan 2 after reading all of the positive reviews on the Titan 1. I bought the Titan 2 over the Titan 1 due to the fact that it's TRUE 4GLTE the new design, and the 16mp camera. There are some people who are trying to say that Window 7 phones are not going to make it. But I say to them....Windows is backed by Bill Gates and Microsoft. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

This phone is VERY fast! It's actually faster then an Android phone with a Dual core processor....and the Titan 2 has a SINGLE CORE processor. My old phone was a Motorola Photon. This phone(Titan-2) is much faster, better build quality, call quality, and camera. There have been "haters" saying that they won't buy a Windows phone due to the lack of apps. What I say to that is...right now Windows 7 phone are not even 3 yrs old and they have over 70,000 apps. How much do you need? All of the apps that I used when I had my Android phone...I have on my Windows 7 phone. Therefore, I'm not missing out on anything. Plus Microsoft is like Apple in terms of their applications....they actually manage them and have better control while not allowing anyone to post apps on the system. This is what is ruining Android. It's an open market. One that has gotten out of control(in my opinion) and is not managed very well.

Even Google is trying to pull away from Android...which is why they are slowly coming out with their "pure" Google phones. The same thing people are saying about Windows as not going to make it...said the very same thing about Android when it first hit the market. Now look how it has grown. One thing to keep in mind for the "haters" of Windows phones is that when Android was this early on the market....it didn't nearly have the apps that Windows now have. Everyone I know who switched from Apple or Android to Windows NEVER regretted it nor did they go back.With the release of the new Titan2 and the Lumia 900.....Windows is going to SOAR!

I really love my phone and do not miss the Android phone at all. Give Windows a try and I can assure you that you will be saying some of the same things that I'm saying now. Don't pay attention to the articles posted on the internet. You be the judge. Try one for yourself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Camera and design poor, fragile, October 20, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I do like the windows operating system but
i don't like the phone itself.
I have 3 issues with this phone.

The camera no good, always have to retake pictures because they come out blurry.

Poor engineering design of the back cover.
It always has to stay in contact with the phone if not it shuts off.
This becomes a problem when the back cover starts getting a little loose.
The phone starts to shut down at random times.

But My biggest complain its fragile.
I understand Smartphones are not made out of steel, but accidents happen.
I drop my phone from like 2 feet from the ground and the screen crack.
Not buying HTC again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Known incompatability with Cisco / Linksys home router settings, April 24, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I loved the phone and also loved Windows Phone 7.5 OS until I learned the hard way that it won't work with my home router settings. Six hundred dollars flushed down the toilet. The phone is unable to connect to WiFi with a hidden router name (SSID).

This is an issue known by HTC and that Microsoft says requires an update that does not exist:

"This feature (secure WiFi) might not work on your phone without a software update from your phone manufacturer."

HTC does not make available an update for this problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars HTC warranty is bad, limited and not useful. DO NOT BUY HTC phone!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have 2 HTC phones, brand new, from authorized store. This 2 phones I got it separate time. However, I didn't open or test it until 2 months later. They were sitting on my shelf, nice and cool area. Trusting HTC has high quality phone, and shouldn't have problem. out of 15 years of cell phone use, I have never expires Dead on Arrival cell phone.

After 2 months, I need the phones. I can't turn BOTH of them on. Both of them are DOA (Dead on Arrival), I even took it to store to ask for exchange. They said that they can't do anything, because it is over 30 days. (okay.. I understand.. I have to turn to HTC.)

I called HTC. Guess what they said? You will only get 90 days of warranty after it repair. Wait.. doesn't the phone come with 1 year warranty? How does that shrink/shorten in 90 days after it gets repair ? I don't remember seeing that on the warrant policy that it would shorten the warranty because it needs to repair.

Where is to logic to that? Is it fair at all to consumer? Here, I urge everyone DO NOT BUY anymore HTC phones, unless to plan to have shorten warranty or plan to buy extended warranty from carriers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but no Lumia 900, April 27, 2012
This review is from: HTC Titan II (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have the Titan II and the wife got the Cyan Lumia 900. Build quality of the 900 is hands down better. The only thing that my Titan II does better is the REAR camera, which after adjusting the settings on the Lumia, is not THAT much better.

This would be a 4/5 or 5/5 phone but the BATTERY LIFE down right stinks when compared to the Lumia 900.

I will be returning for the Black Lumia 900.

ARRAY(0xaade36e4)