4.0 out of 5 stars Nice useful handset
Published on August 17, 2010 by Cignusman

2.0 out of 5 stars not up to expectations
I bought this product because I had a HP ipaq previously and loved windows 6 mobile OS. Sound clarity is very low which is the main feature of a phone. Rest of the features are wonderful, but of no use with out the base functionality
Published on September 21, 2010 by Chai

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice useful handset, August 17, 2010
This review is from: HTC Maple S522 Unlocked Phone with Windows Mobile, 2 MP Camera, QWERTY Keyboard and Wi-Fi - Unlocked Phone - US Warranty - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this handset for my wife and she's very happy with it. QWERTY keyboard is easy to use, the overall feeling of the phone is fantastic. Trackball is comfortable to use. We love HTC products and this one didn't let us down. Pictures are quite OK in quality, but shoot in good lighting conditions, this is not a kind of multimedia handset but a texting one. Inner circle feature is cool.

Lovely gadget, practical and without blows and whistles but it does what it supposed to do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional Work Phone, February 20, 2011
I bought this device because I wanted a phone that works with Outlook and has a keyboard. My company uses AT&T but will not allow blackberry devices, so my choices were limited. I have been using the HTC Snap for about a month now, and I have been very satisfied with the performance. This is a good business oriented phone. It comes loaded with Windows Mobile 6.1 whicn is an older operating system, but it works well with emai, texting, and all the outlook functions. The only downside that I see is the web browser. Their are a lot of newer operating systems out there that provide a better web browsing experience. Bottom line the HTC snap is a good business device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone for the price, May 31, 2011
Cesar Paladines (Guayaquil, Ecuador) - See all my reviews
Good phone for a great price. Easy to use and configure, way easier than a blackberry. It comes with a leather bag which I love. The only thing I'm not so fond of is the trackball.

4.0 out of 5 stars Internet connection for HTCS522 Snap phone, June 21, 2011
I bought the unlocked HTC S522 phone so that I can use the local SIM and/or WiFi connection during the international travels. Everything except of internet connection (through WiFi) works as expected. I would give a 5 star if the phone software provides the choice of "internet connection without proxy" or if the manual explains that the internet connection through WiFi needs to set the "connection to any device" (i.e., including access point and ad hoc). The ad hoc connection will not request proxy automatically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Money, November 15, 2010
Great phone. I bought it for my 15 year old daughter for whom texting is key. The text feature is excellent including scrolled history of texts. The phone is lightweight and the buttons are easy to use. I wish I had this phone instead of the Nokia E63 that I have which is a lot more bulky to handle.

2.0 out of 5 stars not up to expectations, September 21, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars An OK phone when it works, April 23, 2013
It was an OK phone for the first year then problems started

1. Battery life dropped big time
2. The metal plate around the trackball started to peel off
3. Operating system hangs
4. Communication manager hangs
5. The worst is that phone seems to be on but sometimes it can be in a hung mode - you are missing calls as it is effectively dead and you do knowe that. Too risky
6. Erratic on downloading data or email.

I cannot believe that the phone has started to have problems on so many fronts, some of it are basic functions.

I would say it is a poorly built phone. Great price when you buy it - but it could turn out to be another piece of garbage

1.0 out of 5 stars worse phone ever !, January 16, 2013
battery hardly last for one day..
OS keeps freezing..
Audio is terrible ! i tried with handsfree and tried also to use it "normally" but the audio is bad. You can hardly hear the other person. The location of the volume button on the side makes it so easy to change it by mistake while simply holding the phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars it stinks and sticks, November 22, 2012
I got the HTC Snap s523 which is very similar to this model. This is phone is a piece of GARBage. Well 1st i got t-mobile service. The phone can receive text messages but, cant send them. 2nd i constantly lose my signal i have to always turn my phone on/off. 3rd my phone constantly breaks up. when i replace this phone i will throw this phone in the trash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this phone, August 20, 2012
this phone is piece of junk. i tried to use it but it doesnt work. i tried to listen to my voicemail it says i am calling a international call. when i returned the phone they charged me a 10% restocking fee that was not advised before. If you buy from this company you will waste your time and money. THis is a piece of junk