Realize the full power of 4G with the Android-powered HTC Vivid smartphone, which runs on AT&T's new ultra-fast 4G LTE network (learn more below). You'll enjoy fast web browsing, powered by a dual core 1.2 GHz processor and a brilliant 4.5-inch qHD display. It also includes the acclaimed HTC Sense user experience, which includes a customizable active lockscreen that transforms the display into a real-time window to your most important information and content--such as social updates, photos, weather or stock updates.
Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, brilliant 4.5-inch qHD display, and AT&T 4G LTE speeds (view larger).
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G/4G LTE connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.5-inch qHD touchscreen
- 16 GB memory
- 8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Personal/corporate e-mail
You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Other features include an 8-megapixel camera with Full HD 1080p video capture, 16 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA wireless streaming capabilities, GPS for navigation and location-based services, access to over 200,000 apps in the Android Market, and up to 5.1 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
HTC Sense Mobile Experience
With the next generation of the popular HTC Sense mobile experience, the HTC Vivid automatically delivers your most-wanted information to your screen. It offers even more ways to stay connected--including FriendStream, which delivers Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr updates in a consolidated view. And you'll be able to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map, send a command to make the phone sound an alert--even while on "silent" mode--through the htcsense.com web site. If needed, you can also remotely wipe all of the phone's data with a single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a different number.
Capture the Moment
Easily capture memories and share them while on the go with the advanced camera capabilities of the HTC Vivid, which offers 8-megapixel camera and Full HD 1080p video recorder. You'll get excellent low-light performance with a backside illuminated sensor and wide aperture lens (f/2.2). Sharing photos to Facebook, Picasa or Flickr is a breeze--and lightning quick at 4G speeds. You'll enjoy video chats over Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity thanks to the front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera.
The HTC Vivid features HTC Watch--an application and service that puts an entire library of the latest, premium movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. HTC Watch uses progressive download technology that makes it possible to watch videos without waiting for a huge file to finish downloading. You can either rent or buy videos, and if purchased, you can watch them on up to five different HTC devices.
The HTC Vivid weighs 6.24 ounces and measures 5.07 x 2.64 x 0.44 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.1 hours of talk time, and up to 250 hours (10.4 days) of standby time. It runs on AT&T's 4G LTE and HSPA+ networks (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS) plus international 2100 MHz 3G networks. It's also a quad-band GSM phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz GPRS/EDGE).
What's in the Box
HTC Vivid handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
AT&T 4G LTE Network
AT&T's 4G LTE network allows for quicker access, smoother media streaming, and faster web experiences. LTE technology is capable of delivering mobile broadband speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, LTE technology offers a faster response time due to lower latency--the processing time it takes to move data through a network--vastly speeding download times for web pages as well as improving services such as mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
By the end of 2011, AT&T plans to launch its 4G LTE network in 15 major metropolitan areas, covering at least 70 million Americans. Coverage will continue to expand in the next few years and is planned to be largely complete by the end of 2013.
And when combined with 4G HSPA+ technology, AT&T is capable of delivering a quicker, more consistent mobile broadband experience than ever before. AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber). Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
| || LTE = Long Term Evolution |
Advanced wireless technology capable of increasing AT&T's already-fast network speeds. Now in select markets with deployment ongoing.
| || HSPA+ = High Speed Packet Access |
Paired with enhanced backhaul--the accelerated pipeline between our network backbone and cell towers across the country--this technology boosts network performance.
Optional AT&T Services
AT&T Navigator: This premium GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. You'll be able to find the closes ATM, restaurant, gas station, Wi-Fi hotspot and more with over 10 million business listings.
AT&T FamilyMap: Locate any phone indoors or outdoors on the AT&T Network. FamilyMap provides peace of mind by being able to conveniently locate a family member from your wireless phone or PC and know that your family's information is secure and private. Want to verify that your child arrives home from school each day? Set up a Schedule Check to automatically get location information sent to you via text message or e-mail.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's LTE and HSPA+ networks. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.5-inch qHD multi-touch Super LCD (540 x 960 pixels) with LED backlighting.
- HDMI port for video output to your HDTV or monitor (cable not included).
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, light.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash and f/2.2, 28mm lens.
- Full HD 1080p video capture with recording at 60 frames per second, slow motion playback and on-device trimmer.
- 1.3-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- DLNA capabilities allow you to stream movies, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The HTC Vivid runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Vivid also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.