The budget-friendly HTC Wildfire S from T-Mobile brings you the power of the Android platform and touchscreen interactivity at an affordable price. The 3G-enabled Wildfire S also offers Wi-Fi networking, and you can take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling and Wi-Fi Sharing capabilities.
HTC Wildfire S
At a Glance:
- 3G connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 600 MHz Snapdragon processor
- 3.2-inch touchscreen
- 512 MB memory + microSD expansion
- 5-MP camera
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
A 5-megapixel camera with a flash and DVD-quality video recording lets you capture every moment in detail--and then quickly upload and easily share your most memorable shots. Unwind anytime with your favorite music, games, and apps. You can find hundreds of thousands of apps on Android Market.
In addition to Android, this also offers the next-generation HTC Sense user interface experience, which includes quicker startup times from hibernation mode as well as a consolidated view of your favorite social networking sites.
The Wildfire S is powered by a single-core 600 MHz Snapdragon processor and it offers a brightly colorful 3.2-inch multi-touch display. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (to 32 GB), GPS for navigation and location-based services, music player, FM radio, Visual Voicemail, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6.7 hours of talk time.
HTC Sense Experience
Boasting the latest HTC Sense experience, the Wildfire S features a customizable active lockscreen that transforms the lockscreen into a real-time window to the most important information and content, such as social updates, photos, weather or stock updates that are viewed by simply waking up the display.
Additionally, the new active lockscreen becomes a customizable gateway that lets your quickly jump to your most used features--whether it be making a call, sending an e-mail, or taking a picture. For example, the camera can be launched right from the lock screen with a single motion, saving precious seconds when you're trying to capture the action.
The HTC Wildfire S weighs 3.7 ounces and measures 4.1 x 2.34 x 0.49 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.7 hours of talk time, and up to 312 hours (13 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz). What's in the Box
HTC Wildfire S handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Wildfire S runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Wildfire S also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
| || |
- Fast 3G connectivity
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 3.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- 600 MHz Snapdragon processor
- 3.2-inch display (480 x 360 pixels)
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard with Swype keyboard option
- MicroUSB port (USB 2.0) with charging and mass storage capabilities.
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, image stabilizer, face detection, digital zoom, scene modes, and geotagging.
- Video capture capabilities (DVD quality; 640 x 480 pixels)
- Music player compatible with MP3, AAC, and WMA formats
- FM radio
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).