Top positive review
17 people found this helpful
Stunning design and fast as blazes
on May 7, 2012
I'm stealing this from another online reviewer, but I want to rub this phone against my face. Constantly. The One S is absolutely gorgeous -- thin, light and easy to hold. I have the T-Mobile version. And it's functional. I clock about 13mbps download speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, which is pretty dang good.
- Pentile display, and I can tell. The display is truly gorgeous with popping colors and great viewing angles, but the pentile pixel arrangement means text can be fuzzy at times. It's disappointing in an otherwise perfect piece of hardware.
- No Micro SD card and only 16GB internal memory. That's plenty for apps -- not so much for those who like to carry a lot of offline music or video content.
- Fast as blazes. No lag, ever.
- Gorgeous. Stunning. The design on this phone makes an iPhone 4S look like one of those car-phone bricks from the 80s
- Good radio reception compared to my old HTC Sensation XE
- HTC Sense 4.0 has morphed into something actually useful
- Good camera. Not great camera, but good camera
- Easy to root and customize, if you're into that.
Anyway, I love this phone. It's refined, and proves what the Android platform can do. I just wish they had made room for a MicroSD slot and included a slightly better display, like the One X's.