Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 7, 2012
I'm stealing this from another online reviewer, but I want to rub this phone against my face. Constantly. The One S is absolutely gorgeous -- thin, light and easy to hold. I have the T-Mobile version. And it's functional. I clock about 13mbps download speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, which is pretty dang good.

Cons:
- Pentile display, and I can tell. The display is truly gorgeous with popping colors and great viewing angles, but the pentile pixel arrangement means text can be fuzzy at times. It's disappointing in an otherwise perfect piece of hardware.
- No Micro SD card and only 16GB internal memory. That's plenty for apps -- not so much for those who like to carry a lot of offline music or video content.

Pros:
- Fast as blazes. No lag, ever.
- Gorgeous. Stunning. The design on this phone makes an iPhone 4S look like one of those car-phone bricks from the 80s
- Good radio reception compared to my old HTC Sensation XE
- HTC Sense 4.0 has morphed into something actually useful
- Good camera. Not great camera, but good camera
- Easy to root and customize, if you're into that.

Anyway, I love this phone. It's refined, and proves what the Android platform can do. I just wish they had made room for a MicroSD slot and included a slightly better display, like the One X's.
55 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
The HTC One S is a strong phone, one of the strongest now, and even more when I purchased it.
Its disadvantages are:
... No MicroSD card, which I don't really need as I massively use cloud services.
... Built-in battery, which is the only thing I would have changed in it. As any other smartphone, battery life is not that long...

- A great screen, both light and colors are impressive.
- Very good computing power - only the quad-core CPUs are considered better, and I'm not sure they really are.
- The sense interface in very intuitive and nice to work with and get used to.
- The price (at least where and when I bought it) was less then Galaxy S3 or S2, and it acts better then the S2 and as good as the S3 (which battery life is much better, but costs almost 1.5 times the price of the HTC)
- It's the most beautiful phone I saw!
on September 17, 2012
I love the design of the phone and the performances are great.

However the infamous "home" button defect has completely ruined my experience and caused the phone to be unusable for most of the time. I had been in situations where I can not even terminate a call and end up being connected for many long minutes without been able to do anything about it.

HTC sent me a replacement which is having the same fault.

I know many users are having the same issue. Think twice before buying this phone.
on August 2, 2012
Phone is exactly the same as written in the information page of the product. It is factory unlocked, and a NON Tmobile phone.
Thanks for shipment. (Sold by: FGS Trading)
on December 14, 2013
It's an excellent smartphone for the females, HTC quality built and feel.
What i liked about this phone is the speed,the size and the simplicity.
What i didn't like is the version that i got. See there are two version to this phone with different chip sets, and i got the lower end version which is the C2 Ville which is not the one which was advertised (Z520E).
If you are not into unlocking bootloaders and flashing ROMs then you should get this phone, if not then move alone get something else.
on January 23, 2013
I bought mine late last year and have been very satisfied. Unlike my HTC Amaze 4G, which I still think is a great phone, I like the sleek, thin and light design of the HTC One S. However, I recommend a glossy TPU case for better grip. The screen is bright that it's comfortable to use it even in direct sunlight. However, if you're new to amoled displays, you will notice the strange patterns when you look at textual content up close. Other than that, images and movies look awesome on this display. The battery life is excellent compared to my previous phone. This is with heavy messaging usage (email, gtalk, whatsapp), news reading, 30 min tethering, 1 hour phone use, 1 hour podcasting, and quick random things (calendar, web browsing, etc) every weekday with about 40% to spare by the time I go to bed. And it can last an entire weekend on a single charge. At first, I thought 16 GB wasn't enough for me, but it has been 3 months and I am yet to hit the halfway mark. It comes with free dropbox space so i can also store pics there instead of my phone. HTC Sense on this is better than the previous version. I love the carousel effect and the default background image. It is faster, lag-free, and stable. It has been 1,030 hours (42+ days) since my last phone reboot as of today. The camera is excellent and can take up to 4 shots in panoramic mode. That's just one of the modes the camera is capable of including rapid shots. It also has a bunch of cool features like flip over to activate speakerphone, ring louder when in your pocket, etc. What am I not happy about? This annoying trend of making the memory and battery non-removable. Yes, I don't need to replace them now but... Ugh! Anyway, overall, I am very happy with this phone and intend to use it for a long time.
on January 16, 2013
This phone is perfect from almost every aspect. First, the not so great - the black, anodized version (which I have) does look great, but the surface just starts no matter how careful you are.

Now onto the good stuff. The phone is perfectly sized for my hand, is FAST despite the plethora of apps that I've loaded on and I really like the HTC screen layout - the interface is pretty intuitive and feels very responsive. I haven't included any technical/feature listings as those are available all over the web. And here's where I should side in the disclaimer: Please note that I'm a first time droid user and also that this is not a comparative review. As an example, I found the Galaxy S3 screen display MUCH nicer; just that I'd need to supersize my hand to get it to work well for single-handed operations.
on July 18, 2013
Got this for a birthday gift for my husband, he love it! very well quality and brilliant interface.
But it took quite a while to received it, it tooks 3 weeks more.........So, I missed my husband's Bday!!! :-/
on August 23, 2013
I wanted the Iphone 5 originally, but could not reason the $700 price so I opted for this phone. The battery life can drain quickly depending on what I do, but all-in-all it does what I want it to do. The money I saved I used to buy an iPad mini so I get best of both worlds!
on January 10, 2013
This is the best Android phone I have ever had. Others were slow, but not this. This far surpasses the iPhone 4 that I owned.