Offering one of the most advanced cameras found on any smartphone, the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide also combines the latest Android operating system (2.3, Gingerbread) with a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and T-Mobile's blazing fast 4G network for a faster, richer on-the-go media experience.
Manufactured by HTC exclusively for T-Mobile, the sleek myTouch 4G Slide also features a 3.7-inch Super LCD multi-touch display and a side-sliding 4-row QWERTY keyboard. In addition to Android, it also offers the next-generation HTC Sense user interface experience, which includes quicker startup times from hibernation mode as well as a consolidated view of your favorite social networking sites.
This phone is specifically designed for T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which currently covers over 200 million people across the U.S. (read more about HSPA+ below). The myTouch 4G Slide also offers Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking as well as the ability to share its 3G/4G Internet connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Side-sliding, 4-row full QWERTY keyboard (view larger).
Advanced camera with zero shutter lag and Full HD 1080p video capture (view larger).
The 8-megapixel rear-facing, auto-focus camera with dual LED flash is perfect for capturing crystal clear still photos, while a front-facing camera makes it easy to video chat over both Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connectivity. And the myTouch 4G Slide also shoots full HD video in 1080p resolution at up to 30 frames a second, giving you smooth, superior high-def video. The myTouch 4G Slide also makes staying connected with loved ones more convenient than ever with T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik for face-to-face video chat on the go and Group Text by Bobsled, which offers an innovative way to send and receive text messages with groups of friends.
The phone's innovative Genius Button--powered by Dragon Dictation from Nuance--lets you call, send messages, search the Web, or find things nearby with a simple voice command. And with the Hands Free mode, you can stay connected while on the road with the option for all notifications to be read out loud--simply tell the phone to text or dial to continue the conversation.
The myTouch 4G Slide comes pre-loaded with T-Mobile TV for access to live and on-demand TV as well as Netflix mobile video streaming. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation and location-based services, included 8 GB microSD memory card (with expansion up to 32 GB), access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 9 hours of talk time.
Advanced On-the-Go Photo and Video Capture
Ideal for capturing that perfect moment with photos that rival high-end dedicated digital cameras, the myTouch 4G Slide comes with an 8-megapixel camera with a dual LED flash and a host of advanced digital camera features, including:
- Improved low-light performance with a backside illuminated sensor and a wide aperture lens (f/2.2).
- Zero shutter lag thanks to innovative software features allow for an instantaneous shot at that precise moment.
- SweepShot for capturing panoramic shots by sweeping across an entire scene in a single motion.
- ClearShot HDR for capturing objects in bright settings so your photos are not affected by high-contrast lighting.
- BurstShot for capturing multiple photos in a quick burst so you don't miss the perfect photo.
- Additional shooting modes including auto, night, action, macro, portrait and manual
- One-touch social networking access for posting on Facebook, Picasa, or Flickr
- Dedicated camera button for one-touch access to the camera, even while the screen is off
- Full HD 1080p camcorder with audio recording and ability to edit videos directly from the phone
- VGA front-facing camera for video chat
HTC Sense Experience
Boasting the latest HTC Sense experience, the myTouch 4G Slide features a customizable active lockscreen that transforms the lockscreen into a real-time window to the most important information and content, such as social updates, photos, weather or stock updates that are viewed by simply waking up the display.
Additionally, the new active lockscreen becomes a customizable gateway that lets your quickly jump to your most used features--whether it be making a call, sending an e-mail, or taking a picture. For example, the camera can be launched right from the lock screen with a single motion, saving precious seconds when you're trying to capture the action.
The myTouch 4G Slide weighs 6.5 ounces and measures 4.8 x 2.6 x 0.54 inches. Its 1520 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 9 hours of talk time, and up to 312 hours (13 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+). What's in the Box
myTouch 4G Slide handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 8 GB microSD card, USB cable, quick start guide
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Wi-Fi Calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have little or no network coverage. (Learn more)
- Mobile Hotspot capabilities allows you to use your phone's 3G/4G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet (up to 8 devices).
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profiles--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Visual Voicemail lets you listen to your voicemail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, and IM instant messaging
- Group Text by Bobsled for reply-all group conversations
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
Design and Hardware
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.7-inch Super LCD touchscreen display (800 x 480 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard with Swype for easy text input.
- Side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with auto face detect, dual LED flash, zero shutter lag, advanced low-light capture performance, and more.
- HD 1080p video capture at 30 fps.
- Front-facing camera (VGA).
- T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik for video chats over 4G or Wi-Fi.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263. T-Mobile TV lets you access live and on-demand TV. Pre-loaded Netflix app with access to real-time mobile video streaming (subscription required).
- DLNA compatibility allows you to stream media content from the phone to any other DLNA-certified device as well as play a file from a server on your phone.
- Included 8 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Genius Button one shot voice commands enables you to call, text or search the Web with the press of a button.
- Hands Free mode for voice-only control.
- T-Mobile KidZone lets you customize a home screen that provides access to only widgets that you allow.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The myTouch 4G Slide runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The Sensation also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Learn More T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of August, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 190 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--covering 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range. T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network do not count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.