Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HUAWEI Fusion U8652 Unlocked GSM Phone with Android 2.3 OS, Touchscreen, 3.15MP Camera, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio and microSD Slot - Black/Blue
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2013
These are our first smartphones and they are MORE than I expected for the money, once I installed a better ROM (operating system). I've been maintaining PCs for years, so I am familiar with the latest in processing technology, and I now know there are quad-core smart phones on the market. However when you consider the cost of other smartphones, this phone is a good value with plenty of processor power for it only being a single core. Since I own my own equipment with this purchase, I flashed our phones to Benru89's Cyanogenmod 7.2, version 4. The kernel he used for that was Gingerbread 2.3.7, which is a nice upgrade. It got rid of the ugly AT&T boot screen, and also all of the junk that AT&T has installed by default. We had plenty of free space for apps of our choice after this. We added microSD cards for even more space. Flashing to Benru89's mod also doubled our free RAM and the phones are very fast. The phone is easy to learn, the camera takes reasonably sharp pictures (although it lacks a flash), and the phone remains easy to use with screen protectors applied. For a heavy texter and facebook user, this phone will be more than sufficient. The only downside of using the same phones is that since they have the same MAC IDs, they conflict on home wireless networks. However, you can install "Root Browser" (the lite version) from the Google Play Store and navigate to System, Wifi, and then open the "nvram.txt" file and edit your MAC address. About three-quarters of the way down, you will see a line that says "macaddr=00:90:4c:14:43:30" or something similar. Change the last two digits to any two digit number and save the file. Problem solved, you can now use two of these phones on the same wifi network. As far as all the other features go, they seem to work well from what I've tried so far. I'm still figuring them out. Based on the system specs, this is NOT the fastest, newest phone out there. But at the end of the day, you'll be lucky to find a better deal for what you get here if you're willing to take the risk of installing a better ROM. Huawei makes a nice product that is blemished with the AT&T firmware. This is a company worth taking a risk on, especially if you're tech-savvy and are willing to remove the bloated AT&T firmware that comes installed.
2222 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
This does what I need, but my needs are minimal. It is an OK phone, EXCEPT, that it does not keep settings in memory. Approximately every other day it won't dial out displaying "Call Ended". Resolving this requires powering off, then powering back up. Additionally, it sporadically "forgets" the network setting for my cellular provider defaulting to the ATT access point. The work around is to go back into "Settings" "Wireless and Networks" and re-selecting the actual carrier's network. However, I am not a power cell phone user and I'm a quasi hacker, so outsmarting the phone is a hobby activity for me. The other thing to take note of if considering this phone is that the screen is a 3 inch size. Not so great for reading stuff.
on April 22, 2013
Worked well the first couple of days then started loosing the charge with just bare bones apps. I have not downloaded any additional apps since I decide I just wanted a basic device for calling and texting. I am a bit suspect that the phone may not have been brand new as advertised by the seller since there were a few scratches on the screen as I was putting on my screen protector.....yes went ahead and bought that too...now a 100% charge last just about 4 hrs without even using the phone. I allowed it to discharge completely turned it off removed the battery, replaced and charged again. You guessed it....yeah did the same thing. I am not going through the hassle of trying to get a replacement from the seller. I love Amazon's generous return policy so I am waiting for another phone which I purchased to arrive then this one is gone.
on April 3, 2013
I have had this phone for three months and am increasingly disappointed by it. My three persistent and related complaints are:

1) It frequently locks up for a few seconds to a minute. This is a very frustating problem since I often do not know whether it has simply not registerd my finger tap (another common problem with this phone; see #3) or is frozen. To try to make it respond, I make multiple attempts to have the phone do what I'd like it to do (e.g., hitting the dialer icon twice. The phone always continues after it unfreezes, often resulting in the phone doing something I did not want it to do, like calling a random person.

2) The phone will frequently not register my very deliberate taps, but jumps ahead with accidental taps. Simply put, it does not do what I want it to and it does do what I do not what it to do.

3) This phone also often does not register finger taps or movements. This is particularly frustrating with incoming calls since a screen often pops up giving a few options for rejecting a call with various messages; when I try to slide the screen away so I can see who is calling and answer the call, the screen does not go anywhere.

In short, I despise this phone. I'm not fond of the touchscreen revolution in the first place, but this phone is particularly frustrating. If you are looking for a cheap "smart" phone, you'll get exactly what you paid for with this one: cheap, cheap, cheap.
on July 9, 2013
Good product, except that it constantly defaults to the preset access point, which means that every time you want to use data, you have to go into the networking settings and manually set the access point again. Is that worth saving $20 to you? Not to me...i'm returning it.

Other than that it seems to be a good phone. If you aren't using a data plan then I would be all for it.
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2013
1. The CPU is 800 MHz, really slow. There are several seconds of dead time to connect a call or to do anything else.
2. It does NOT support one-number dialing, or speed dialing of any kind. The "contacts" list in alpha order, you cannot re-arrange the sequence.
3. This GoPhone does NOT support 'reject' calls so you have no choice but to pay for spam calls and texts.
4. One third of the 152 MB of memory is already taken up by bloatware that cannot be deleted.
5. The user guide does NOT include important how-to such as you must turn on the proximity sensor in order for the
screen to light up when you move the phone away from your face, so that the keypad will appear so that you can
"press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 0 for agent."
6. You must install your custom ringtones or music in the 'ringtone' file.
7. The screen is so dim that you cannot see it when in bright environments such as outdoors.
8. The camera does not have a flash so photos from backlit or dim situations will turn out badly.
8. The voice quality is so terrible that most of my friends cannot recognize my voice, or hardly hear me at all.
9. If you accidentally turn the volume down (the button is right where your left thumb naturally is), it will mute
incoming calls or alarms.

I am sure there are many other disappointments that I haven't yet discovered.

I use the Huawei web site for more information about how to use this phone. They usually answer email in a day or do, although no guarantee that the answer is correct. I've inserted extra spaces so that Amazon will not delete the URL for Huawei's 'contact us' web page so remove all spaces in the URL when entering it into your locator.
http: // www. huaweidevice usa.com/ contact_us

Despite all these bad features, this phone has the basic functions of a smartphone, and as the price comes down to $50, it becomes a better deal.
on March 1, 2014
I already have a Huawei Android phone and love that device. So, why not another, this one unlocked, for upcoming trip to Europe? After much searching, the Fusion U8652 seemed to fit the bill.
Before I begin phone review, let me say I absolutly HATE when searching for something (in this case, a dual SIM phone) options besides what you search for show up. I really wanted a dual SIM phone.
That having been said...
First, and perhaps most importantly, is SIM card size. Understanding specs change all the time, when the question was asked what size SIM, it was stated micro. The phone I have takes standard SIM. So, if you decide to purchase, you might want to wait until you receive phone (unlike what I did). The good thing is A T & T corporate will provide SIM free of charge. (If not corporate store, there may be a charge.) Yes, I signed up for A T & T because I wanted to make sure the phone worked before taking on trip. After that-buh bye A T & T.
Phone has quirks, as do most electronic devices. (Otherwise using them wouldn't be 'interesting'.) I'm used to swiping a particular notification to delete the notification. Haven't quite figured out how to do that.
Phone is small. To some, that may be a benefit and for the use for which I purchased, it's fine. Being small, reading what's on the screen can be a bit of a challenge.
Others have stated battery life is not good. I've learned from other devices to shut down apps to save battery. Applies here as well.
Have had no issues with WIFI setup and use. Yes, it's slower than 4G, but I'm not a power user anyway. No apps have frozen (yet).
Also haven't quite figured out how to put installed apps on my home screen. Swiping doesn't seem to do it.
User manual is sparse, but on-line assistance is available.
As a backup phone I think it will be fine.
on January 24, 2014
Has some attractive features that are immediately apparent. First, it runs the stock version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It also has a fluid design with rounded corners, a soft-touch finish, and silvery accents... However, there are some character flaws you should be aware of before pursuing the phone any further. The 600MHz processor has some noticeable hang time, the 3.2-megapixel camera lacks a flash, and the screen legibility isn't as crisp or clear as I'd like. There's also no pinch to zoom, which means you'll manually zoom in like days of yore. Trade-offs are par for the course when it comes to affordable off-contract phones, so if you can live with these weaker points, read on.
on February 3, 2013
Bought this phone for myself. An upgrade from my old Blackberry phone. Had some problems as the phone was not unlocked when I received it. The customer service was great and had it up and running as soon as I informed them of the problem. Great company to deal with and a great phone for the money.
on May 1, 2014
It is a just "OK" phone, nothing exciting. Was going to return it, but I guess I will keep it. Had to remove the battery and put back in-seems to be dropping my contact list for some reason.