From the Back Cover
To address the pressing need for an up-to-date and comprehensive treatment of the subject, Kim, Sood, Jang, Lim, and Lee have collaborated to produce this key text and reference. Combining classroom-tested materials from North America and Asia,HVDC Transmission compactly summarizes the latest research results, and includes the insights of experts from power systems, power electronics, and simulation backgrounds. The authors walk readers through basic theory and practical applications, while also providing the broader historical context and future development of HVDC technology.
- Presents case studies covering basic and advanced HVDC deployments headed by world-renowned experts
- Demonstrates how to design, analyze, and maintain HVDC systems in the field
- Provides updates on new HVDC technologies, such as active power filters, PWM, VSC, and 800 KV systems
- Rounds out readers' understanding with chapters dedicated to the key areas of simulation and main circuit design
- Introduces wind power system interconnection with HVDC
- Arms readers with an understanding of future HVDC trends
Balancing theoretical instruction with practical application , HVDC Transmission delivers comprehensive working knowledge to power utility engineers, power transmission researchers, and advanced undergraduates and postgraduates in power engineering programs. The book is also a useful reference for engineers and students focused on closely related areas such as renewable energy and power system planning.