After watching the home shopping network on a shark steam mop, I was fascinated and started researching. Let me tell you, I read many reviews before buying a steam mop. My first choice would've been the Eureka enviro steamer, but I had a giftcard to overstock and they didn't have it there, so my second choice was the Haan steam mop.

Pros:
-disinfects the...
Published on August 14, 2009 by ReadReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars with a grain of salt...
Published on March 12, 2009 by K. Jordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good product, but next time I would like to try the Eureka Enviro Steamer, August 14, 2009
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)

Pros:
-disinfects the floor without chemicals
-cleans well (might have to go over stubborn spots a few times)
-dries pretty quick (the more saturated the cloth gets, the longer the dry time)
-adjustable handle height
-you can handwash the pad and air dry
-constant steam (no push trigger-that feature would be awful!)
-has additional features (ex. can steam mattresses/furniture if you buy the "short handle"; can steam carpet if you buy the attachment) but I never tried these features because the one I had didn't come with them
-replacement pads are easy to find on ebay/amazon
-there is a little hook attached to the handle so you can hang it on the wall
-hooks to keep the cord in place so the cord doesn't drag on the floor while mopping

Cons:
-only lasts 15 minutes (fine if you have a small room to mop), doesn't hold as much water as the eureka
-doesn't clean the corners (where the tile hits the wall/cabinet)
-no swivel head, so difficult to steam around the toilet if you have a small bathroom/narrow area (eureka has a swivel head)
-costs more than the eureka

All in all, good product. Not perfect. DEFINATELY MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLD FASHION MOP & BUCKET OR FOR ANYONE WHO HATES MOPPING! I love vaccuuming, but hate mopping so if you are the same, a steam mop is a must.

It doesn't clean the grouted areas on tiles but I read that none of them do because the pad doesn't reach. The cord was long enough for me, but I have a small kitchen and bathroom so I didn't run into that problem. Just keep in mind that you must vacuum/sweep the area first for best results. Great for a household with toddlers-I steam mop while they are napping and it's quick, easy, and fun! I wish I discovered steam mops earlier!

I ruled out the following popular steam mops:

SHARK:
-cheap flimsy handle
-must push trigger for steam
-steam not hot enough to disinfect

MONSTER:
-too bulky
-steams only when pushing forward

5.0 out of 5 stars love the mop, February 3, 2009
J. Powell (Williamstown, WV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
I love the mop! I have a crawling baby at home so I have been mopping a lot more recently. I previously used Swiffer Wet pads but I didn't like how they streaked my floor, I didn't like throwing away the pads after one use, and I broke the handle of the mop because I pushed so hard to get the stuck on messes cleaned up. I saw an infomercial one day on the Haan and I was interested so I began researching it. Here are the reasons I chose the Haan.
1. It has continuous steam not just when you push a button or when the mop is pushed forward
2. The steam is 212 degrees for sanitizing
3. It does not need extra chemicals to clean (other mops suggest using additional cleaners to really clean)
4. Lightweight--I can easily lift it with one hand when it is full
5. Big cleaning pad
6. No buckets of water to spill or as a potential drowning hazard for my baby
Here are a few tips.
If you are mopping an area prone to streaks, start with that area. I get much less streaking on my laminate if I start mopping there first when my pad is dry, the wetter the pad the more likely to streak. Even with a wet pad I still have much less streaking than with my Swiffer Wet. You must vaccuum first if there are bits of dirt on the floor. When the pad is dry the floor is dry almost instantly. If the pad is wet the floor is damp but it will dry in 1-2 minutes (still quicker than traditonal mopping). It may take a couple of passes to get the stuck-on messes but it does a much better job than anything else I tried.
Cons
The cord is much shorter than my vacuum.
The sanitizing tray for the carpet didn't seem to do anything. I wouldn't spend extra money to get it.

Overall I am pleased. I love that my floors are clean without chemicals and without throwing a cleaning pad into the landfill. Here is the best part--my husband will even mop with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it claims to be, January 27, 2009
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it. My floors are so crummy that I had to do a "feel" test, and the bad fake-wood linoleum upon which I'd used the Haan felt squeaky-clean, while the section next to it felt like it was covered in candle wax and chewing gum.

The cord is not that short, as a lot of people had complained on other sites; 19 feet is a great distance. It heats up quickly, and it does its job beautifully.

Frankly, I feel like the Swiffer manufacturers should have bought me this, as I'd spent several years religiously using their crappy products trying to get this result (did I get so much as a coupon for my friendly complaint? Nope. No response, for that matter). This is a wonderful machine, and I'd recommend it to anyone. If it helps: 1) I'm a tremendous skeptic, especially when I see something on an infomercial; 2) I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, so my floor is never clean enough; 3) I am using this on both painted and horrendous linoleum floors in the dump I live in and am trying to restore, and it's making both of them very, very nice with little effort.

3.0 out of 5 stars with a grain of salt..., March 12, 2009
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
Okay I like this product for the simplicity it offers. However, realizing no product is going to do 100% of all the work without spending a ton of money. This doesn't work well for floors with crevices. It just simply doesn't clean crevices. However, the surface is clean. This would be a great easy gift for elderly. Also, for a quick clean. I use it to clean up fast. I would say it cleans as well as a mop/bucket without all the work and possibly better. If you have a tough stain you will probably have to work at it more. Again, without much effort. Just remember for what you are paying this product does a good job. It is VERY simple to use. It has a green light for when it is on and ready to use and then a red light comes on when empty, not rocket sciene. The tank will do an average size room before refilling. It doesn't leak if it isn't overfilled.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great floor steamer, January 21, 2009
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
The floor steamer is very good. It heats up quickly and the pad dries the floor quickly after you pass over it.

The reason I couldn't rate this 5 stars is because I was expecting to get the carpet/furniture attachment piece as is shown in the illustration, but it did not come with the steamer. I have to order it separately. It does come with the steamer, handle parts (easy to assemble), 2 cleaning pads, and a plastic pad to place the steamer on if you keep it upright.

The pads have a velcro-like attachment, which is easy to put on and take off. The instructions say to remove it and replace with a fresh pad if it doesn't absorb all the water. Also, they suggest hand washing the pads, as machine washing will shorten the life of the pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 17, 2009
Kathleen "RoarnKatt" (CHICO, CALIFORNIA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
Great investment! I have many animals and accidents from them on a wood floor and this thing really does the job. You can just plug it in and it sanitizes the places where the animals have been. It is incredibly GREEN! All you use is water. No more chemicals! Yeah! It cleans so good as to eliminate any odor that may be lingering around. And the more you use it, the cleaner and cleaner your environment gets. I would highly recommend it for people with allergies or auto-immune disorders, Autism etc... I was able to get my HAAN for $102.00 with shipping included. Very worthwhile investment. Great if you need to clean up after pets, children...need that extra special cleansing...I can't say enough about it. I recommended it to anybody and everybody I know...I believe it is the wave of the future! And not joke..I LOVE this thing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, January 26, 2009
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
This is one product that works as advertised. I love it. I have two kinds of tile floors as well as wooden floors and it moves seemlessly over all of them. It's so easy. No liquid to buy or deal with and no sticky residue like I had with the Swifter liquid. I can see it paying for itself in no time. If you have really large areas to mop, you may have to fill it up a couple of times but it is really easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Chemicals!, January 24, 2009
Beverly Duffy (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
Wow! My entire home is laminate flooring. Two dogs and a parrot mean regular cleaning. When heavy-duty cleaning is required, first I vacuum with my canister vacuum to remove fur, feathers and seeds. Then I use my Haan Steamer to clean, clean, clean. No chemicals or cleaning solutions are necessary. Simply water. No more hauling a heavy bucket and mop to each room. No more putting the dogs outside while waiting for the floor to dry. No more cloudy residue on my floors. This product does EVERYTHING that the informercial said it would do. For those of us who are trying to eliminate carcinogens in our lives and households, this is the answer. The steam kills bacteria on your floors. I haven't used it on my bedding yet -to kill dust mites- but I love the fact that it CAN be used to do just that. The only problem with the unit is the short power cord. It's not long enough to do one room without unplugging it and moving it so I simply bought an extension cord. Voila, problem solved. Do not hesitate to buy this product. It is worth EVERY cent. You will recoup the cost because you won't be buying chemicals for cleaning anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars STEAM CLEAN, January 23, 2009
This review is from: Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop (Kitchen)
The Haan Steam cleaner is the best. Just remember to vacuum or sweep first, this is not a vacuum cleaner. The ceramic tiles shine and also the wood floors. Easy to use. Easy to store away. I wash the pads by hand as directed. You will need an extra electric cord, as their cord is not long enough. You can adjust the height which I don't believe any other steam cleaner does. Very happy with product and delivery.Haven't tried the rugs or mattresses yet. That will be next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 30, 2009
I love this product!

75% of the flooring in our house is hard surface of some kind -- either hardwood or tile. Keeping it all clean -- other than vacuuming, that is -- was a nightmare. I hated the bucket and mop and I really hated the chemicals and the sticky residue. We have a dog and teenagers -- keeping it all clean was just about impossible without many hours of work each week. I saw the Haan on an infomercial and decided to take a chance on it, and I am so glad that I did! After vacuuming, I get out the Haan and go over everything. It takes about an hour for both vacuuming and steam cleaning the floors on both levels of our house, and then I'm done! The Haan really does get sticky stuff (like soda pop residue) off the floor, and it leaves the surface shiny and gunk-free. Love it, love it, love it!

ARRAY(0x9ca035f4)