5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought my second one
Published on November 23, 2011 by Yash

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed -- not that sturdy
Published 15 months ago by J. S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought my second one, November 23, 2011
I bought one last year and it was great. After five months, I forgot it somewhere and when I went back to get it, it had disappeared :(. So, I just bought another one since I was very happy with it. The main shaft is made of fiberglass which helps to keep the weight low, but I wouldn't consider it a lite weight umbrella; however I carry it with me almost everywhere since I live in a place that rains most of the year. It definitely keeps me dry when everyone else is getting drenched. Overall, it has a good construction without using much metal. I recall having it open in a windy day and I was getting pulled off of the ground instead of the umbrella turning inside out or breaking (I had both of these happen to my previous umbrellas - interestingly while writing this review I noticed that the care instructions indicates "Carry umbrella facing into the wind - use caution in strong gusts to prevent frame damage").

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and HUGE, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Haas-Jordan Pro-Line Umbrella (Sports)
I got this because my wife and I love "How I Met Your Mother" and the yellow umbrella is a theme throughout the show. I gave this to her for Valentine's Day because for some reason it was the cheapest yellow umbrella I could find. My simple review: It's yellow. It's an umbrella. You stay dry.

More detail, however, is that you should be aware that this umbrella is like, big enough to keep Texas dry. It's definitely a good "couples" umbrella because it is bigger than I thought it would be. But that just adds to the overall quality, really. When you first take it out you see that the material is extremely strong and sturdy, and the whole umbrella powerful and bracing. I don't see this thing falling apart or breaking up in a big wind or heavy hail. It's ready for the worst and I guess that's why it's a bit pricey. Overall a really good product.

There's no warning, but the only thing about it is that it can be opened indoors, which causes bad luck. So be careful about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! This umbrella served a key roll in me meeting my wife., September 25, 2012
I told my kids a much longer version of this, but my wife had the same umbrella, and along with having many things in common, that lead to my marriage, and the first time I have seen the barnical cry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed -- not that sturdy, January 8, 2013
I bought this umbrella based on the reviews saying it was really strong and sturdy, but found that it fell short of my expectations. It flipped inside out within 5 minutes of being outside in the rain. I would actually have been more accepting/understanding of that if it had been super windy out, but there was just a totally normal amount of wind for a rainy day. The rain wasn't blowing sideways, trees weren't going crazy, no T-Rex stomping through not-actually-electrified fences, absolutely nothing wild. There were lots of other people walking around with umbrellas with no problems at all.

It was disappointing for the price, and I ended up getting way wetter than I would have without the umbrella, since I had to stand outside struggling to get it flipped back the right way so I could fold it up and get to work. I think I'll be returning it. :( Sad.

(I feel like I would be being unfair if I didn't mention that I really liked how comfortable it was to hold, and how roomy it was underneath.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but huge, umbrella, September 29, 2012
This review is from: Haas-Jordan Pro-Line Umbrella (Sports)
I didn't realize how big this umbrella was going to be--I was expecting a large normal umbrella, when in fact this is a full-fledged golf umbrella. I feel a little silly with it if it's only sprinkling. That said, I hate getting rained on, and I often carry my laptop with me, so this is a great umbrella for keeping me and my stuff dry. You could easily fit two people under it if need be. The handle is nicely cushioned, and the fabric and pole are of good quality and seem like they'll last (I've only had the umbrella for about a month). Since it's so big, though, it is a bit heavy, so I wouldn't recommend it for a petite woman, say, or a child. When the umbrella is closed, the tips tuck into a spring-loaded little cup down by the handle, so that if you set it upright on the floor it's not splaying out everywhere. Highly recommended if you want to stay nice and dry and don't mind carrying around a big walking stick when it stops raining. Not recommended if you're tiny, need to walk down narrow alleyways in the rain, or if you prefer to be stealthy in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this umbrella...ella..ella....eh eh eh, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Haas-Jordan Pro-Line Umbrella (Sports)
Seriously, this is a fantastic umbrella As other posters have mentioned it is huge! Usually with a baby, my purse and other bags I'm toting around, normal size umbrellas don't cover everything I'm carrying. This umbrella covers me and everything I've got in hand. It's a great color also, it looks just like the picture. It's also very sturdy and feels well built. Definitely would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, July 9, 2011
Well, I bought this umbrella over a year ago and just used it two nights ago again! It is wonderful. I originally wanted a BIG gray umbrella and that is just what this is. It is easy to use with two people but folds up very nicely to store in the car, office, or home. I love it... definitely a great purchase for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Getting Wet with this Umbrella!, July 1, 2012
Joe R (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
Love the color and the sturdiness of the umbrella. Held up well against our current onslaught of rainy weather in Florida. Great shipping and product. Worth the $28!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Haas jordan pro line umbrella, September 12, 2013
Do not buy this product . two weeks old a it got 3 tiny holes in it. and now I found 2 more. What a piece of crap this umbrella is. the holes happen when it is closed.This umbrella is not worth $5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Classy, March 6, 2013
It's a great umbrella. Stood up to some nasty weather for me. Looks good too. Lightweight and big enough for two.

ARRAY(0xa61d6a50)