Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 24, 2012
We got Haba's "Max" for our 5 month old for Easter. We have a couple other Haba toys as well and this one is our favorite! I have it clipped on to the car seat handle with one of those little plastic chain links. Bringing me to the only thing I don't like about this toy is that I got it to attach to stroller/ car seat because of the loop that is on top, but it isn't quite big enough. Hooking it on to one of those link though made it the prefect height for him to reach, bat at and tug on the ring. I have even had another baby [1yr] that loved it so much he just sat there beside the car seat messing with it! It feels very nice and is some-what heavy so for now I think we will keep it on the car seat to avoid it getting thrown since I think it has the potential to hurt if it gets swung at you. The colors are vibrant and playful. Makes a very nice clacking sound when moved about. Aside from shaking it side to side, slightly tugging on the ring makes noise too since the inner string is elastic. Overall, we LOVE it!
on November 16, 2007
My year old grandson loves Max. The wooden toy feels good in your hands. The paint does not chip. Max is extremely well made. the only negative is when he throws Max down from upstairs because he likes the noises Max makes as he lands on the tile below. Max has survived it all.
on May 18, 2008
This makes a really pleasant, delicate, clacking sound. It's durable, the wooden stain stays brightly colored and is non-toxic, and you only have to wipe it with a damp cloth to clean it. It was even cuter in person than in the picture and it made my 3-month-old sons smile and reach forward. Total winner.
on April 23, 2007
At 14-months, our daughter still plays with this toy. Love the fact it's made of wood and not plastic. We have tons of pictures from last summer when she was an infant with Maxe in her mouth! Great toy for the young ones.
on April 20, 2008
Great toy, sturdy and ideal for teething plus we're not worried when he chew on it as it's not coming from china.
on April 26, 2016
I love HABA toys. They are environmentally conscious with kid safety as driver behind their product lines. Like many of the other HABA toys, this is a simple wood toy painted brightly. I was surprised my 8 month old twin boys have taken to these toys as well as they have. The toys and paint are very durable, surviving constant teething without a blemish as well as being washed without signs of wear.
on December 27, 2013
This is one of the several Haba toys my baby used and I am very satisfied with the purchase. One can buy cheaper products but this toy is well worth the cost. High quality, non-toxic, and not overly stimulating or boring. It can be held or hung, the ring at the bottom is a great teether, and the wooden discs forming the body can be moved and clacked together. When pulled, the "body" stretches slightly and that's one more fun thing to do. Sounds simple compared to many products out there for young babies and my baby repeatedly sought this out and enjoyed it for long periods. The little face on it is appealing to her and she liked experimenting with it to make it produce clacking sounds, stretching it, etc. Looks new after a lot of use.
on January 17, 2014
This toy is made in Germany and is made of wood. It is absolutely beautiful as well as very baby engaging. We buy NO baby products that are made in Asia, where almost all used-to-be-American-made toy companies outsource their products. It took some digging, but now that I've found this company, there will be NO turning back and trying to find a Made in America toy company anymore!
on November 8, 2007
All haba toys are just wonderful quality. And in today's world of recalls, it is so nice to know that there are still safe toys made with true craftsmanship. The clacking noise keeps interest, and the colors are vibrant.
on September 15, 2013
This toy is colorful and well-made, as all of the Haba toys we own are. It's interesting to look at and hold, and the elastic is fun for my daughter to stretch. I have found that older kids are usually drawn to this toy as well. It's a good purchase, and is small enough to easily throw in the diaper bag.