Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on December 11, 2007
This game is easy to play. Even our 2-year-old is able to join in. The pieces are cute and durable, with the exception of the baskets, which eventually I'm sure will get crushed by a foot or rear end. (The good news is that the baskets aren't essential to the game and you could easily substitute any other kind of container.) Our 4-year-old is in a "sore loser" stage where losing anything sends her into a crying, screaming fit. But the cooperative nature of this game, where everyone is on the same team, means she deals with losing (to the raven) much better, and we get to model "good sport" losing to her. One great thing about this game is it doesn't last forever. It takes about 10-15 minutes to play. There's only one other drawback: when you roll the die, it has a tendency to make a royal mess of the board. We're teaching our girls to roll the die on the carpet instead of onto the board.
on January 9, 2007
I bought this for my niece who is four. She loves it and asks to play it everyday. We played it 7 times the first day! The beauty of this game is that everyone wins. The object is to beat the raven, not each other. This is a wonderful introduction to board games for young children, the rules are simple and the game itself is durable. I highly recommend it!
VINE VOICEon November 2, 2007
We own a lot of games and many are fun....at least for a little while. But this game is my favorite and my 4.5 year old son's favorite, too. He's had it for a year and it's been his favorite for pretty much that whole time. His 2.5 year old sister can play this one, too. The quality and craftsmanship is exceptional. The cooperative nature of it is fantastic. Everyone who plays is on the same team, trying to collect all the fruit in the orchard before the raven does. We get extra fun out of it by yelling "No ravens! No ravens!" when we roll the die. At the end, the kids jump up with excitement and dance around the room, singing "We beat the raven, we beat the raven." I much prefer this to having them taunt each other about one kid winning and the other not! The only knock on this game is the raven puzzle in the middle - it's tough to put together so the kids can't do that part themselves. For that reason, we always play this one with them.
on September 18, 2009
I love this game for several reasons, the first being its cooperative spirit. Players team up against the Raven, trying to get fruit from the orchard into baskets before the Raven gets it.

My four year old loves to make the "caw, caw" sound for the Raven and put the wooden fruit into the basket. I love the novelty of it being a German game and the fact that it has no plastic or toxic substances to worry about. The Orchard is good for math skills, color recognition and camaraderie. Plus it's aesthetically pleasing and a little cheeky. A Raven and fruit, what's not to love? Orchard would make a great game for pre-school as well as at home.
on December 17, 2011
The image for this game is NOT what you get in the box, you're getting Haba's My first Orchard game NOT Orchard (which is different game and which is pictured above). The My First Orchard game is for 2 year old's and is very simple and different than the other Orchard game for older children by Haba itself. I was very disappointed in the wrong image being pictured and buying something that I didn't realize was going to be something else. So please be sure to check out a proper pictured item for My First Orchard, because that is what this seller is selling. Now I have to return it and find the original game Orchard that I thought I was buying before from someone else, hope you don't make the same mistake as I did. I didn't know there were two different Orchard games...now I do. :)

Cheers.
66 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2007
This game is fabulous ... my son received it from grandma for his third birthday and he loves to play it over and over again. It is fairly non-competitive, as either all players win together or the raven. In addition, it teaches color recognition. The fruit pieces are made of wood, nothing is plastic! Great first game and fun for adults too!
on March 7, 2012
I purchased both this and the less expensive oneHaba Orchard the Card Game trying to figure out the difference between the games. They are actually the same game! The difference is there is cards in the card version rather than the small wooden fruits. Also in the card version you lay out a path for the raven made of cards rather than a raven puzzle in the large version. Since I have both a 6 year old and a 2 year old, we play the card version mostly. There are WAY too many choking hazards to take out the wooden pieces version when my 2 year old is awake. Card version has one large wooden die and wooden raven- less things to keep from being swallowed, but still a choking hazard if you are not attentive. Baskets can be somewhat easily broken for the age group, but are not necessary for game play.

If you are not familiar with this game it is like Hi-Ho Cherry O except instead of competing against each other, the players cooperate to get all the fruit picked before the Raven gets to the orchard and eats it. So it is us against the Raven and encourages co-operation rather than competition. My 2 year old "plays" with my help so she can participate too. My 6 year old loves it (got it when she was 5).
on November 28, 2012
The game is extremely well made.. My almost 4 year old LOVES this game to no end. You throw the die and collect as much fruit as you can before the raven eats the fruit. When you roll a raven you have to place one of the nine puzzle pieces on the board. If all 9 raven pieces are on the board before everyone gets the fruit off the trees you lose.. The board is large and easy for kids to understand. AND FOR once I'm not bored out of my mind playing this game, (don't get me wrong I love playing with my son but you can only handle candy-land so many times before you realize a root canal is more entertaining:o) )
on December 11, 2007
The children love this game and it certainly teaches many concepts all at once. The small pieces are easy to lose, but they like this game so much I keep buying a new copy to replace the pieces.
on April 10, 2014
Orchard
MFG: Haba
#of Players: 1- 8
Age Range: 3 - 6

Overall Construction: As with all of the Haba games I have come across, Orchard is made with high quality pieces. There are 10 of each fruit where their main parts are wooden. There are 4 wicker baskets. A raven puzzle, that is 9 pieces and solid enough that the littlest of kids can play with it without risk of damage. The is a large wooden die. When I say large, I mean to say that it is almost a 1” square. Each side has one of the 4 fruits, a raven, & the last side has a basket on it. The rule book is also standard Haba in that it comes in multiple languages, this one is in 10 different languages.

Gameplay: Orchard plays a lot like High Ho Cheri-O except you have 4 different types of fruit you are collecting. Each player or team gets a basket to collect their fruit in. The youngest player goes first. When they role the die whichever color it lands on will be the the type of fruit you pick from the tree. Yellow – Pear, Red – Cherries, Green – Apple, Blue – Plum. If the die lands on the Basket you get to take 2 fruits of your choice. If it lands on the Raven, you put one puzzle piece in the frame. The object is to pick all of the fruit from the trees without the Raven showing up. The Raven shows up when all 9 puzzle pieces are put into the frame.

This game is a co-op where everyone is supposed to beat the Raven. We like to try to beat the Raven and each other as well. We see who has collected the most fruit if we beat the Raven. But most of our fun while playing comes when we argue over who gets what fruit.

Yes/No Recommend: This game is very fun to play. I love playing this game with my nieces & nephew. I definitely don't think there should be an upper age limit for people playing this game. You can get hours of fun out of this game. I will sit there and when one of them takes fruit from a tree near where I'm sitting I like to tell them not to take my fruit. They don't listen, but they do like to giggle as they take it. I also have fun giving them grief if they happen to roll a Raven.

Play it your way and have fun. It is a bit pricey but the quality of the pieces and their policy on replacement parts is amazing.

Where To Get It: Since Haba is a German company there is limited distribution in the U.S. I do recommend checking with Import Shops, Specialty Game & Toy shops, Then check with your local Game/hobby shop. If you would like more information about Orchard or any of Haba's other games feel free to check out their website here: [...]

See the video review at [...]