5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Not only was this book extremely helpful on a tactical level, it was also very interesting on a scientific and philosophical level. The book is enjoyable to read and the stories are inspirational and entertaining.

Published on April 21, 2011 by Chris Ammo Zon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great subject, look forward to a 2nd edition
I was really excited to see this title given that I believe that developing good habits (and doing them consistently even when you do not feel like it) is a key to success.

Published on November 6, 2011 by N2009

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great subject, look forward to a 2nd edition, November 6, 2011

I was also hoping to see numerous stories about people who developed the power of habit to transform their lives or achieve big goals. The book, however, reads more like a hastily-written college paper, stringing together bits and pieces of various subjects one might have encountered in school. After the obligatory nod to neuropsychology and reference to the limbic system in the brain, the next thing we know we are reading about the Fibonacci sequence of numbers and the golden ratio as evidence of the "habit of nature". These examples illustrate the content of the book, i.e. a string of loosely-associated collegiate references that do little to address the author's main intent of this book - which I believe was to inspire readers to greatness by showing us how to harness the power of habit.

I look forward to a second edition down the road and hope to find it replete with individual success stories with insight into what habits people developed and how they tied into their ultimate transformative goals. Examples would be: Joe the plumber who made it a habit to write a personal thank you note to all of his customers and saw his business increase 20%. Mary, who made it a habit to walk 5,000 steps a day, and lost 20 pounds over a year, et cetera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 21, 2011
This review is from: Habit Factor (R) (Hardcover)

The Habit Factor is founded on the concept that, while it takes some upfront effort to create good habits, once they are established, they become quite natural and easy and could even become automatic. It made me think about the many times I have gotten in my car on a Saturday, intending to head toward my weekend destination, only to realize I had taken the onramp that leads to my office. Something as simple and automatic as getting on the correct onramp every day (metaphorically speaking) could, over time, add up to a significant stride toward a particular goal. If you can keep about 5 simple little things like that going at a time, you will always be moving toward your goal. And just as importantly, you will always feel good about it.

I was able to apply The Habit Factor concept toward my recent career change and my health with great success. It worked for me because it was so easy to jump into without ever being overwhelmed. The Habit Factor concept does not require you to adhere to some strict and laborious master plan. You simply devise what is manageable for you. I really felt like I was back in control once I started applying the concept. But it's more than just a shift in attitude, the results are very real and measurable. I've also downloaded the mobile app, by the same name, which made it very easy for me to track my habits. Tracking your habits is very integral to the effectiveness of this process, but don't worry, it's not difficult. I highly recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Kindle Version, July 18, 2011
MetaMs "Reader and Dog Lover" (Cocoa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I am getting SO tired of reading Kindle books that haven't been proof read to correct the multitude of errors. If publishers and authors want to charge decent prices for digital books they can darn well pay a good editor to review them before dumping out the digital version.

This may be a good book, but it's message is diluted by the massive number of typos.

1.0 out of 5 stars Page filler, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Habit Factor (R) (Hardcover)
The author ADMITS he has added stuff that has nothing to do with Habits just to fill the book. He states, " ... it may seem that this has nothing to do with habits ... ." And in fact, he never ties alchemy, astronomy or other chapters to the study of habits. I think the great reviews refer to the application section. Which is what most people want. I'm just ticked that I had to slog through 75% of the book to get to the useful. I normally don't mind a few off-topic stories, but 15 chapters - ugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold yourself accountable..., December 12, 2010
This review is from: Habit Factor (R) (Hardcover)
I'm also a user of the Habit Factor app, and using it makes it far easier to hold myself accountable on a daily basis. Bought the book first day it came out, and was pleased to find it well-written and comprehensive...in addition to giving real-world, easy-to-follow examples, it also delves in the psychology of habit forming - really interesting stuff. Thinking of giving it as a gift to the right people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just in time for getting serious about all those New Year resolutions, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Habit Factor (R) (Hardcover)
I received The Habit Factor as a Christmas gift, enjoyed the book immediately during a relaxing holiday vacation with friends and look forward to sharing the book/concepts with friends and business associates throughout 2011. Martin Grunburg's thesis is straightforward, places personal accountability uppermost in mind and provides a detailed plan to achieve success. But you still have to do the heavy lifting to create your own personal plan because the author's examples can stimulate your own goal setting just so far. But getting "the process" condensed in one easy to read, imaginative and interesting book is a great achievement. As a former Navy flight instructor, I can appreciate impressive instructional techniques, building on "lessons learned" and forming "habits" that function under the pressure of airborne emergencies (actual or simulated). The book will deliver methods to think, harness and produce results, you supply the motivation and hard work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!!!, January 15, 2011
I just finished The Habit Factor on my Kindle and must say that this is some fascinating work! Martin Grunburg has obviously put a lot of thought into this work and the methodology behind it. Many of the concepts he brings to light are things that I was vaguely aware of, but like most people (In my opinion), not completely in tune with. He does an amazing job of conveying the notion that successful goal setting and achievement can be accomplished through the use of your own built-in tool set, habit. After reading The Habit Factor, it is now crystallized in my mind that my habits are an essential tool to help me live an "ideal" life. I am DEFINITELY going to take an habitual approach to my goal setting from here on out, and am going to make a habit out of habit!

This book is well written and is full of interesting anecdotes based on his personal adventures in life, and draws on the wisdom of some of history's most intriguing figures. I literally could not put this book down. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that is interested in learning something about themselves. Excellent work!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pseudo New Age drivel, March 5, 2012
The most I can give this book is two stars. This is because it's writing style and subject matter had me turned off reading it before I was even halfway through the book. The author makes all these fantastic claims about habit, such as it linking the conscious and subconscious minds, linking us to Universal consciousness, etc. and in the process turns habits into a pseudo New Age pursuit. There is nothing of practical value about implementing habits in daily life or of trying to remove bad habits from your life. I'm sure that what has been written is intended to try and convince one of the value of habits, but surely anyone who has already purchased a book called The Habit Factor should already be aware of this. Perhaps there is more on implementing habits further into the book, but I have persevered with it as much as I could. It got to the point where I was pretty much forcing myself to read the book, hoping that there will be something useful, and continually being disappointed. I would not recommend this book. Having said all that, the companion app is pretty good (being more focussed on actually implementing habits in daily life), but in my opinion is overpriced for what it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for personal and professional development, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Habit Factor (R) (Hardcover)
I run a small company in Southern California and have been a user of the Habit Factor iPhone app and monthly goal tracking system for the last year. The system has been an excellent way for me to set, track and achieve both personal and professional goals. Definitely superior to other goal setting and performance systems I've used in the past. As soon as I saw it come out in book form I purchased copies for all my employees and would recommend it to anyone who is trying to improve their performance and create a more systematic approach to aligning their daily habits with their long-term goals. The little things really do become the big things. Thumbs up!

Derek Preston
CEO, SNAPforSeniors, Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, January 11, 2014
Great info. Now to put it to use. The big challenge of new habits and change. The app helps the process.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Habit Factor (R)
Habit Factor (R) by Martin Grunburg (Hardcover - November 11, 2010)
$25.95 $23.36
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies