Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on September 27, 2007
I use this book in my clinical practice. It allows my clients to make positive changes in thier lives. It is user friendly and easy to use and understand.
on December 26, 2012
I tried teaching my kids the 7 Habits from Steven Coveys book, but a lot of the focus was on business and adult issues. This really puts the subject matter in a new light for teens; and is definitely the best way to teach your teens the benefits of living a 7 Habits Life.
on June 2, 2006
This workbook is basically an extension of the author's 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens'.

As it stands, it doesn't offer much new or exciting material.

From my personal experience, working with a workbook (based on Stephen Covey's main book & workbook in my case), coupled with the use of a personal journal, is often an uncharted journey into greater self-discovery. Having said that, I must say that this workbook is well-crafted by Sean Covey for use by teen readers.

Through the interactive exercises, worksheets & profiles, teen readers will find the workout experiences very useful in their understanding - & application - of proven time-tested tools for enhancing personal effectiveness.

Numerous field research reports over the years have consistently shown that the differential between successful teens & struggling teens lies in their habitual patterns. Successful teens have powerful habits.

The 7 Habits model is definitely a very good model.

[The 7 habits have their origins in some 200 years of published success literature. Both authors have done an extremely marvellous job in synthesising all those time-tested tools & ideas.]
0Comment20 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
I recommend it for younger adults (under 40?) and definitely for teens to help them build a good foundation for the rest of their lives. I work with teens and adults overcoming trauma and abuse, but have been facing my own challenge at work and figured since most teens worry about school, relationships and good grades this would remind me of the basic principles and importance of study and work ethic.

It did MORE than that, from discussing what deposits into and withdraws out of our Personal Bank Account (Self Care, "Me" Time)to our personal goals ("Controlling your Destiny or Someone Else Will,") to forming habits, confronting procrastination, and to the Relationship Bank Account (Think Win-Win, Seek First to Understand, then Be Understood, Taking the High Road and the Being Pro-Active Instead of Reacting.)

There is even a section on Rising Above Abuse, Becoming a Change Agent,(helping a friend) Stopping the Cycle and dealing pro-actively instead of reactively with bullying, a problem a lot of teens face.

Each exercise in this workbook does make reference to the main book, IE: "read pp. 59-61 of the Teens book." The exercises are simple enough to do without the main book, but still can get us thinking about how we handle our own situations.

My favorite part of the book?
The visual diagram of a tree, where we fill in each of the 7 Habits with habit #1 "Being Proactive and Taking Responsibility for Your Life" at the roots.

Sometimes we think we are "all set," and but life gets us side-tracked, or off track. I could have used this book as a teen. It's basic stuff, that I honestly think I had forgotten (or maybe never knew?) and this book served as a reminder.

There are other books out there, and other workbooks but sometimes they seem they might take too long and the exercises are more in-depth, like personal therapy, which is harder to do on your own. This book was much simpler, and still effective.
on June 4, 2013
I purchased this book for my son for his reading time at school. My son doesnt
really like to read much, but he told me he REALLY enjoyed this book. I sugguest this book for motivation for your teen.
on May 20, 2014
I use this in my teen class. I book is the same size as the textbook. Since the students write in in, I wish it were larger.
on December 22, 2008
As a special educator, I was struggling to help my students believe in themselves. I plan to use both the book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens and the workbook to help them reflect on their lives. They face failure every single day of their lives, but they are good at some things. They need to learn to capitalize on those characteristics.
on August 30, 2013
Sean Covey hits a home run with this book. The "habits" are practical, easy to understand and thought provoking. I'm planning to use the book, workbook and Covey's website as part of my homeschool curriculum for teaching health. Covey's book brings a fresh alternative to just teaching avoidance of negative behaviors (don't do drugs...). Instead, he presents positive habits that students (and adults for that matter) can use to help them be healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually. Hopefully, I'll be able to add positive outcomes of the semester to this review later.
on January 10, 2014
This is a good workbook even for adults. It is a supplemental book that goes with the book in which our school is doing for a book study.
on January 4, 2014
This is a really useful addition to the book if you can get your teen to use it. Takes the book and adds some great exercises.