5.0 out of 5 stars transformation
Published on February 6, 2009 by Maria Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like this book
I like to highlight most of the non-fiction I read. I did this the first 50 pages or so, then realized there was a lot of repetition & not much new to highlight. Weinstein's is sort of a shotgun approach to identifying & labeling most every action you take as a habit, then deciding if you should replace it with a better habit. So many habits, so little time...
Published on May 17, 2009 by HolisticOne

5.0 out of 5 stars transformation, February 6, 2009
This review is from: Habitually Great: Master Your Habits, Own Your Destiny (Paperback)
This book has led to incredible changes in my attitude, emotions and behaviors that have previously blocked me from achieving the life I desire. Mark's teachings are practical, thought provoking and easy to make sense of and implement in one's life. I would highly recommend purchasing Habitually Great, it is a must read for anyone wanting to move forward toward the identification, creation and fulfillment of their personal and professional goals and dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read at your peril!!, March 25, 2009
In "Habitually Great", Mark Weinstein brings us a down-to-earth guide to taking charge of our lives and destinies. Real life examples and truly actionable guidance set this book apart. The author has a natural and gently humorous style...coupled with inspirational quotes throughout, it is readable and highly motivational. Dive in at your own risk - prepare to begin to shift your habits on the first reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and practical, February 10, 2009
The added value that Habitually Great offers to its readers is practical guidance on how to eliminate those habits that limit our success and replace them with Peak Life Habits that can take us to the next level of accomplishment in our personal and professional lives. The book provides a mixture of powerful messages and case studies that kindle a belief that we too can achieve the same level of success.

Julie Magrath

2.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like this book, May 17, 2009
I like to highlight most of the non-fiction I read. I did this the first 50 pages or so, then realized there was a lot of repetition & not much new to highlight. Weinstein's is sort of a shotgun approach to identifying & labeling most every action you take as a habit, then deciding if you should replace it with a better habit. So many habits, so little time!

No index or bibliography, and very few footnotes. A few good quotes did liven things up.

A major flaw: He expects the reader to examine their childhood & identify early events that were character & habit-forming. That is, psychoanalyze yourself! Uncover your unconscious mind! Then make conscious decisions to replace subconscious motivations! Sorry, in a battle of subconscious vs conscious, the subconscious wins every time.

Even a first-year college student knows Freudian analysis takes years, is done by a pro, and still fails more often than it heals.

His psychoanalysis concept prompted me to check the author's credentials (a little late, huh - already spent my $20) only to find he apparently has none, not even a bachelor's in psychology. Unfortunately it shows. For instance, in one of his personal 'breakthroughs', after damaging the bumper on his new car, he decides to fix it rather than worry about it! (if that sounds inspirational to you, buy the book)

If you find Weinstein's approach helpful, more power to you! He apparently gives a good seminar (I dunno). I gave up on him about page 200. Someone please buy my used book, with yellow highlights waning through page 102.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of fresh air, January 2, 2009
Jeannie (Boulder, CO) - See all my reviews
I have read many, many books on leadership and personal growth and I think that this author has found an unexplored niche that is absolutely KEY to growth in business and in life - changing our habits. This book helps you to see where your habitual blocks are and then work, step by step, to change them to more positive affirming habits. A gem - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, December 11, 2008
I have no doubt that "Habitually Great" will guide many on the path to happiness, fulfillment and success. This is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Habitually Great in action!, March 29, 2010
I've been a fan of Mark's work for a long time, and received his coaching based on Habitually Great. As I've told my friends and colleagues, Habitually Great will help you get out of your own way. Put a name to those habits which run under the radar, and then you own them. The moment you own them, YOU have control. You do have to take a very honest look at yourself, probably the hardest step in this whole process, but once you do, you're on the way. Get the book, read it, give yourself a break (a BIG point of the book), and enjoy how your world opens up for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY - get the results you've been promising yourself, December 9, 2008
B. Juul (Carbondale, IL) - See all my reviews
This is very usable information. The way of thinking that has been introduced has helped me be more productive and more focused on what I want to create in my life, and in creating it. I have had great results and recommend it for anyone who is ready to -finally- really have the results they want. I've reduced or eliminated many limiting habits and have used the information in this book to become habitually great - ever healthier and ever more successful. I'm excited about being the CEO of my own life and making the rules! Thank you, Mark Weinstein!!

Habitually Great: Master Your Habits, Own Your Destiny
Habitually Great: Master Your Habits, Own Your Destiny by Mark F. Weinstein (Paperback - December 5, 2008)
$19.95 $16.96
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.