From the Back Cover
HackNotes Windows Security Portable Reference gives you step-by-step details of intrusion tactics, tools, and actual techniques used by criminals to break into computer networks. Understand how the attacks work, then learn how to access and strengthen your Windows systems through a series of tested and trusted anti-hacking methods, bulletproof best practices, and system-level techniques. Use the unique Reference Center in the middle of the book to access key information, including common port numbers, system commands, reference links, the top security assessment and hacker tools, and more..
- Build secure environments using Windows upgrades, tools, and techniques .
- Keep systems up-to-date and well patched .
- Identify what to protect and guard against by learning hacking techniques .
- Block initial entry and limit hacker handholds .
- Deploy internal IP Security solutions with ease .
- Use Encrypting File System for transparent storage security .
- Learn best practices for defending both internal and Internet-facing Windows systems .
- Secure IIS installations .
- Keep unauthorized parties from accessing sensitive data .
- Secure Windows desktops, servers, or entire Active Directory domains .
- Review usage and security innovations of Windows Server 2003 .