From the Back Cover
Implement bulletproof point of sale security for your payment transactions
Hacking Point of Sale takes a unique look at point of sale security from the viewpoint of your business, not a credit card company. The book provides proven techniques that are designed to help brick-and-mortar merchants properly protect their entire in-store payment infrastructure. The book also includes a POS vulnerability rank calculator to help you perform a risk assessment and security control evaluation as you implement recommendations to improve your existing infrastructure.
- Eliminate breaches in security related to design flaws and physical vulnerabilities
- Use point-to-point encryption to protect your front-end and back-end payment systems
- Close gaps in protection provided by PCI security standards
- Understand the anatomy of a credit card and how payment cards can be compromised
- Explore the most relevant standards for payment application security, including PCI, FIPS, ANSI, EMV, and ISO
- Get practical recommendations on powerful payment application security controls designed to protect against a wide array of common breach attempts
About the Author
Slava Gomzin, CISSP, PCIP, ECSP, Security+ is the Security and Payments Technologist at Hewlett-Packard. Prior to joining HP, Slava was a security architect and PCI ISA, corporate product security officer, and R&D and application security manager at Retalix, a Division of NCR Retail.