If You Had 5 Minutes With God...What Would You Ask Him?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2009 12:12:17 AM PDT
LovesDaisies says:
I just ran across this question in Mitch Albom's forthcoming book, HAVE A LITTLE FAITH. I thought it was an interesting topic of discussion. This can go in so many directions, I'm anxious to hear what you have to say about it.

I'll start...

If I had 5 minutes with God:

I'd ask if, when all is said and done, those who TRULY DO GOOD ON THIS EARTH, are indeed somehow rewarded in the afterlife. We see so many bad people get far in this life, and so many good people get the short end of the stick. Why does that happen? What is the reasoning behind it? Or is there any?

It will probably take him more than 5 minutes to answer that one question, so I'll leave it at that! Now for yours...

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 1:22:56 PM PDT
where were you during the holocaust?i thought the jews were the chosen people.why do you allow so much evil,violence,corruption,crime and disease?
i have more but thats enough for now

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2009 2:10:10 PM PDT
SOSO says:
I think God answered that one in the movie. He said, "No, why do YOU?"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2009 2:43:42 PM PDT
i don't understand. what movie?what does why do you mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 7:41:22 AM PDT
SOSO says:
An "old" movie, called _Oh God_ starring George Burns (as God) and John Denver (as your average, questioning guy).

What God meant was, he gave us free will. So why DO we choose to allow evil?

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 12:26:05 PM PDT
We love to throw our evil at God and say, "Your fault!"
Adam was the first blame shifter.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 5:36:18 AM PDT
kvb says:
You are correct...Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, and the snake didn't have a leg to stand on!
KVB

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 9:23:39 AM PDT
SOSO says:
::giggle::

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 11:15:35 AM PDT
absolutely underwhelming all the answers i've received

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 12:22:26 PM PDT
SOSO says:
So you just reject the idea that we have free will and that WE choose evil, and instead believe in a god that would perpetrate the kinds of evils you mention? Or you believe we don't have free will, and everything we do is something God makes us do, that, in other words God is evil? Or do you believe God is powerless to stop the evil in the world? Or do you believe God could stop evil and just won't for some unanswerable reason?

You ask a cliche, and you clarify in no way and you want to get snotty about the fact that the answer is simple, direct, and already known?
FREE WILL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 1:38:49 PM PDT
why do we choose evil?is that the teachings of the holy?
the excuse is always that we have free choice and that the supreme being is allowing all this evil because we have free choice.when do we separate myth from fact?is there really a god?are you sure and how do you know?

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 2:22:38 PM PDT
SOSO says:
Yes, why do we choose evil when good is available? WHY? The teachings of the holy are pretty much all clear pleas to choose the good.
God gave us this privilege, that borders on godhood itself, and teachings, and wise men to show us the correct path, and yet we still sometimes choose evil. I imagine that's God's big question too.

"Is there really a god, and are you sure and how do you know?" are other questions on this board.

THIS question assumes there is a God, you have five minutes, and you get one question. What I'm saying is your question is asked and answered.

The only way it could not be answered is if you reject that we have free will, which means entirely FREE, free to choose evil instead of god. If you reject free will and insist that we are completely at the mercy of a god who forces us to do evil, then, by definition you have defined God as evil. If you want that to be your answer, take it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 7:51:22 PM PDT
all hypothetical and assumptive as dawkins,hitchens and bertrand russel and other atheists have said as well as all the televangelists there is no real proof of all of this it is all based on individual blind faith.remember the bible is called the greatest story ever told!!!!!its what you've been told,taught and believe that is your own truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 8:19:09 AM PDT
5 MINUTES????? I have an entire lifetime with GOD and I have asked and it's been answered. We all have that divine spark within us. To ask a question like that is absurd.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 9:04:54 AM PDT
oh really what did you ask and how was it answered?again it is blind faith.another question if god created the universe who created god?if pre historic man and dinsauers walked the earth millions of years ago. god in the bible only goes back 6000 years and all the fossils discovered lately reinforce these theories.so all you scholars out there lets hear some answers.i contend its blind faith that dictates your truth.my own experience has been of prayer and appealing to god and jesus and never being answered.repent my sins and baptized and still nothing.is it me?i've done it all prayed the prayers and vowed the vows still nothing.is it because i'm a skeptic????????

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 9:20:35 AM PDT
How could you possibly know what I experience? My faith isn't blind. Blind faith is belief. Faith is knowing. When you know, there is no doubt. When there is no doubt, then there is peace, joy, call it what you want but you know it when you feel it. If you are truly looking for answers I suggest you try this website... www.wopg.org Try to listen with an open heart. Open minds attract all kinds of things but an open heart knows the Divine.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 9:20:51 PM PDT
Great movie. Burns was a terrific God.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 2:28:24 PM PDT
I'd ask how in the world does an appeal-to-the-lowest-common-denominator author like Mitch Albom find so many shallow, gullible dopes to buy his lame books?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 2:46:57 PM PDT
the same reason they believe televangelists who want their money, read the bible and beleive the greatest story ever told, pray to a fictitious being all for one reason insecurity!!!!!!!!!!!!! i repeat preying on their ibsecurity that sometinig outside themselves will bring them prosperity and security and a afterlife with or without 72 virgins,or no hell but heaven and eternal life depending on your belief.

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 5:52:07 AM PDT
Ktina says:
the same questions that the prosecutor asked Michael Vick

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 6:23:51 AM PDT
mostserene1 says:
God is a human invention of primitive cultures. So I would be talking to thin air. But then, that is what all believers do....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2009 10:22:45 AM PDT
SOSO says:
who?

Posted on Oct 23, 2009 8:28:43 PM PDT
I listen to Mitch almost everyday on his local radio show and I almost fell out of my chair when I heard he wrote a book about faith.

1. Don't get your religon from Mitch Albom.

2. Your question shows how uninformed you are about God.
a. If you ever see God it will be for enternity -- not 5 minutes.
b. If you ever see God it will be because of your faith in Jesus Christ.

3. You can as many "good works" as you want here on Earth and it will never get you to Heaven. Faith is the key.

4. Don't buy into this New Age misinformation. If you want to know about God read the Bible (over and over and over).

God Bless

Posted on Oct 23, 2009 8:29:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2009 8:30:21 PM PDT
I listen to Mitch almost everyday on his local radio show and I almost fell out of my chair when I heard he wrote a book about faith.

1. Don't get your religon from Mitch Albom.

2. Your question shows how uninformed you are about God.
a. If you ever see God it will be for enternity -- not 5 minutes.
b. If you ever see God it will be because of your faith in Jesus Christ.

3. You can perform as many "good works" as you want here on Earth and it will never get you to Heaven. Faith is the key.

4. Don't buy into this New Age misinformation. If you want to know about God read the Bible (over and over and over).

God Bless

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2009 6:10:38 PM PDT
D. Stowe says:
I'm not a theologian by any means, but I think this question has been answered. It is in Romans that I remember that we don't have to do anything but believe in Him to be rewarded. Not by our works can we quarantee or bargain for rewards in Heaven, but by faith alone. Knowing this, we are freed of that doubt and allowed to let His devine spark work it's own good through us.

My question to God would be - why have you waited so long and still not returned in Glory to this age?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions