5.0 out of 5 stars Great interest from my cat
Published on October 29, 2011 by Kindle Lover

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money
I bought this for my three cats, thinking that they would enjoy rubbing their heads on the bristles. Even with the added catnip, they had no interest in it. Along with that, it's not only a bit of an eyesore on the wall, but if you try to remove it after it's firmly attached, be prepared for your paint (and perhaps even wall board) to come off as well.
Published on June 29, 2012 by Carole Seegraves

5.0 out of 5 stars Great interest from my cat, October 29, 2011
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
I bought this to try to distract my cat from banging the bathroom door in the morning. He loved rubbing his face while I showered but the door made a lot of noise. This product not only worked to distract him, it became a favorite "toy". I put the adhesive pads on before reading the instructions (no comments please!). When I went to put it on a corner the pads were in the wrong area. To my joy I found the pads can be put on one area to fit around a corner but also to fit on a flat wall! I attached it to the bathroom wall, added the catnip and Bandit has been a happy, quieter camper. It is easy to take the plastic knobs off of the base to clean and also to add more catnip. I haven't found any leaking catnip on the floor but it really draws attention to the device. He will stay grooming after the light goes out. This company seems to know what cats like.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cats LOVE it!!!, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
The cats LOVE it!!! We bought two, one for our cats and one for my Mom's cats. They all love it! My only reccomendations would be: do not put this on a wall by where someone sleeps. When the cats rub on it, it is s little noisy if they rub their teeth on it. That is not a fault of the product, just an observation of our cats use of the product. At least you know that they are using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Self Groomer, December 2, 2013
Length:: 0:09 Mins

My cat, Ivory, loves this brush. There is spot in my hallway where she always rubs (so much so that I constantly had to clean that spot!), so I thought giving her a brush to rub on would make her extra happy. She always loves being brushed, so I figure this would give her a way to do it on her own.

The only thing I don't like about this brush is that it is blue and stands out so much on my wall. I wish it were white or beige. It was really easy to install and I really like that I can take the brush part off and clean it. I also like the catnip pockets, which makes Ivory very excited about rubbing on the brush. I also like that the bristles are long, which she really seems to enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product ~ I should have known better 🐱 🐱 🐱, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
I refuse to give this little device bad marks just because my kitties don't use it. From the reading the reviews, it's plain to see that not all do.

There's nothing wrong with the groomer itself. The slots for the catnip are a little laborious to fill, but it's not THAT difficult. It attaches to the wall easily, and the entire concept is brilliant. But my kitties have done nothing more than look at it since I put it up three weeks ago.

Neither of my kitties rubs against my furniture, wall corners, doors, etc. Only when I'm in the kitchen and they think they can score a snack or another meal, will they occasionally rub against my legs. I should have known better. I'll give this to my friend whose kitty I know will make good use of it.

So ... if you're thinking about getting this, carefully consider your cat's behavior, and make sure it has the "rubbing gene" before you make the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hagen Catit Self Groomer, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
My cat loves to rub her head on everything. She always wants to be scratched on her cheeks. When I saw this product I knew she would love it. I put it up on a corner wall with the sticky pads that came with it and she has been using it ever since. She even jumped up about four feet above the product while she was playing and knocked the brush part out as she landed, and the base stayed attached to the wall. It didn't hurt it all. I just put it back together. I did have to coax her over to it and once she knew she could brush up on it, that's all it took. It is certainly worth the money. My cat loves it!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The cat Loves it, March 21, 2012
EL (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
After owning the Catit over a year, it's still great and my cat still uses it all the time so I'm upping my review to 5 stars. I have had no problems with the Catit or its adhesive attachments. The height on the wall, which I was initially unsure about, is really fine - my cat stretches up to rub on the top corners because he likes to stretch. I would happily get this product for anyone with a cat.

My original review:
I've had this product three months and it is great! I give it 4 1/2 stars. I bought the self-groomer for my cat at Christmas after seeing a similar product at a friend's house. (I looked at that one as well, which had two flat combs hinged on a corner, but I like that this comb wraps around the corner, and I thought it looked a little nicer). I have one cat, and he loves it. I installed it near the kitchen where we spend a lot of time and where he gets fed, and he uses it a lot - including pretty much any time I'm in the kitchen. I did put in a little catnip, but now that he knows it's there, it's unnecessary. I installed it so that the bottom edge is a foot off the floor. I recommend a little lower - my cat stretches a bit to rub his chin & shoulder on it, and he's on the tall side. I think it would be better a little lower, but haven't bothered moving it. I used the adhesive strips in the package to attach it, and haven't had any issues. It's nice that you can remove the comb to run through the dishwasher.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, June 29, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
Like a lot of cat products, it can be a hit or miss because every cat has their own personality and preferences. My cat will use it now and then, but she prefers the corner of walls that don't have the groomers. Go figure. I'll just get her more boxes instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product!!!, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
My cats won't touch these things! They love rubbing me and corners and furniture... so I thought this was a great idea. I installed them on corners I've seen them rub a million times. They won't go near them. I even tried gently rubbing them against the product, thinking the catnip inside would entice them. Nope! It's advertized as having "soft rubber bristles." They are in fact hard and worse than the brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 12, 2013
This review is from: Hagen Catit Self Groomer with Catnip (Misc.)
My cat rubs on corners ALL the time, so I knew he'd love it. Sure enough, as soon as I put it up, he was rubbing on it and chewing it. (He loves to chew on plastic.) I didn't even need the catnip!
The only issue is the tape. It's very strong, and I would be surprised if it didn't take off paint. But I just put it in a spot where that wouldn't matter. The actual groomer is awesome, so if you're worried about paint, maybe try a different adhesive.
Love it!