5.0 out of 5 stars My favorites..
These are my favorite shorts, that I've found, especially in the price range.

I'm a stocky guy, about 5'9", and I like that these shorts have an 8" inseam. Most other shorts are too long, and it looks like I'm wearing clam-diggers. These 8" Haggars are the perfect length, staying comfortably above my knee.

I like the elastic expandable waist. That...
Published 24 months ago by swyzlstyx

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Khaki Shorts
When I first bought these, I was afraid I was about to purchase some shapeless "old man shorts" (I'm in my mid-20's), as I described them to my wife. However, I was in a bind and was looking for something cheap that also qualified for Prime in my size.

Published 11 months ago by JRad

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorites.., January 3, 2013
swyzlstyx (downtown houston) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haggar Mens Classic Plain Front Short (Apparel)
These are my favorite shorts, that I've found, especially in the price range.

I like the elastic expandable waist. That way I don't have to admit to myself that I probably wear a size larger than I buy. Especially after beer and pizza.

The 60cotton/40poly blend means I never have to iron them, and after nearly two years, they show little signs of wear. I wear these shorts all day, averaging 6 days a week, in the office and at home. I have 6 pairs that old, and am ordering more.

I like the plain, flat front styling. I'm 40-something, and look kinda goofy in huge cargo shorts. The pockets are also deep enough, so that they don't empty their contents into the dark void under the driver's seat of your automobile...or into the couch.

The only problem? After about 1.5 years, the buttons started falling off of all of them. So you can just sew them back on, if they're not worn out. It could have something to do with wearing a size smaller than I should.

The price is great on these, and being available on Amazon Prime makes the deal that much sweeter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shorts, July 13, 2011
Alan Lezak (Scottsdale, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
These are well made and the expandable waist is important for my tummy. These are a mixture of cotton and polyester and don't wrinkle as badly as just cotton. I have ordered these multiple times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my husband wants, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Haggar Mens Classic Plain Front Short (Apparel)
These were a great deal at $19.99 with the super saver shipping. This price is comparable to, or beats, Macy's or Penney's when they are on sale there. More specifically, though, Haggar is one of only a few brands that my husband will wear when he's golfing. He is adamant about the expandable waist feature, and he liked the khaki color, a medium brown with grey overtones. Since these pants are never going to get ironed, I like the cotton/polyester blend because they don't wrinkle as badly as 100 percent cotton. They wear well also. My husband will get at least two golf seasons out of a pair, and that is pretty heavy useage. Then too, it's not easy to find the plain fronts, which he prefers and thinks these are stylish. All in all, I scored big with him on this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haggar Mend Classic Plain Front Short, July 16, 2011
My husband is between sizes, so these shorts with the expandable waistband were exactly what he needed to fit well. The shorts are a good quality and I will look for more of these to purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dad loved them, April 30, 2012
I ordered these for my dad because he had bought a pair at the store and couldn't find them anymore. Luckily, amazon had them. He loves them. He says that they are comfortable and true to size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Khaki Shorts, January 15, 2014

The fit and feel was pretty good, and the sizing seemed to be pretty solid. Its true that these aren't quite a modern tapered/fitted pair of shorts, like many modern men's clothes these days. However, they are not excessively baggy or shapeless either...right in between. The material also breathed well, and they stayed wrinkle free in my suit case, so I was happy about that.

I'm not sure I would buy them again, but, I am happy with the purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, September 19, 2013
Too Small. Normally 42 in. elastic waist fits me. Apparently these particular shorts run small. I was disappointed that these shorts were to small in the waist.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are my "Go-To" Shorts, September 3, 2013
Phil (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
While these are not wrinkle free, they hold up much better than expected. The twill look much sharper than the 100% cotton shorts that I have purchased in the past. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars He seems to like them very much, July 14, 2014
I bought these for my husband. He seems to like them very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Side pockets, July 8, 2014
The side pockets are not deep enough compared to my oder shorts. small change, car keys tend to fall out when sitting.Otherwise I am very satisfied.

Haggar Mens Classic Plain Front Short