Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2012
UPDATE July 14, 2016
It hurts to drop my original review from 5 stars to 3 but these are not same pants I purchased in 2012. My original 9 pairs are still going strong but starting to show a little wear so I decided to start getting some more. I bought 4 more pairs. They have the same item number but that's the only similarity. The old were made in Vietnam; these are made in Bangladesh. The old fabric has a smoother feel; the new is flatter and has no shine to it. The old had functional pockets that could hold two phones and two wads of keys; when I use the pockets in these new pants you can see every detail of what I'm carrying and forget about two phones in the same pocket. The old pants had cuffs; the new have plain hems. The old pants had a comfortable rise; I need surgery to make these fit.

These new pants look great as long as I keep my pockets empty and don't sit down or move. The 34" waist fits fine but as soon as I sit down everything from the waist to just above the knees is super tight and if my lap is exposed I feel indecent. There is 2 less inches of fabric in the thighs. I expect that these are considered more stylish now but I don't understand why stylish has to be so uncomfortable.

The picture above shows the old pants (note the cuffs and the roomy thighs). The new version does not look like that. They'll make you look sleek like a runway model--as long as you have a skinny runway model butt and legs.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I manage a restaurant and these pants stand up to my 14 hour days working the dining room and the kitchen. They truly are wrinkle free and are as comfortable as my best worsted wool suit slacks--no, they're more comfortable. The best part for me is they have a civilized long rise. Most dress pants these days either strangle me where it counts or I have to get them with a waist 4 inches too big just to have any breathing room in the seat and crotch. Needless to say those look awfully sloppy.

These have generous room in the seat but aren't a bit baggy. I recently dropped a size and couldn't find these locally anymore. When I found them at Amazon I ordered 2 pair in different sizes; kept the 34x34 that fit and sent the others back. Then I turned around and ordered 7 more pair the same day.

While waiting for my new truckload of pants to arrive, I've washed this one pair every night in between my 14 hour days. They're just that good that I'll stay up and run a load with one pair of pants just so I can wear them every day until the rest arrive.

UPDATE October 14, 2014
After 2 and a half years I'm still wearing the same 8 pairs of pants to work every day--but not all at the same time. None have torn or frayed. None have stained (most are black though). The fabric is a bit shiny in some spots where they wear a lot.

I came back to get some more and am disappointed to see they are not currently available. Please bring them back Amazon!
on September 2, 2011
Since I have bought pants advertised as "wrinkle free" that wrinkled after one wearing, I wondered whether I would be disappointed with these. After five full days of wear, they have no trace of a wrinkle. The pants look good, feel good and are made good. I'm completely satisfied with this item and will buy more in the future.
on September 20, 2012
This is the best slack on the market, bar none. First off, the expandable waist is the best one done that I have seen. Well hidden and comfortable. We men need this feature. Keeps the waist looking neat as we go up and down a bit. Slacks are sized every two inches and we are not built that way. These slacks have a built in 2 inch increase. If you are a 43 waist, buy a 42 and they will fit perfectly.

I am in the process of losing weight, have gone from a 48 to a 42 waist in the last four years. So this waist feature is really helpful for me.

The slacks are well made and the best around for the money. I just found this out when I got a pair of Dockers of the same style. What a cheesy pair of slacks! very poorly made with a front button showing that looked bad. I sent them back and will stick with Haggar from now on. I am on my way to a 38 waist and will buy a pair every 2 inches on the way
VINE VOICEon August 19, 2010
These are great pants that give a little extra room around the waist when needed.
I bought 3 pair in Navy, Khaki and Stone. They fit me well and look good all the time.
Try a pair and see what you think.
on September 12, 2011
I love these pants! They really do stretch! You are the only person that knows you have a little extra room inside the pants. All I need now is the EXPANDABLE belt!
on May 12, 2012
These are some really excellent pants, especially for the price. They are high quality, very comfortable, and very easy to maintain. I initially purchased a pair just to try and ended up buying another two after liking them so much. I've found that they never seem to wrinkle even after crudely folding them up and shoving them in my gym bag after work. My only gripe is that amazon is out of certain sizes and therefore I can't get them in every color that I want.
on October 21, 2013
I love the way these are designed with the tabs on the sides that flex in and out. HOWEVER, They are sized so that they expand TO the labeled size. I wear 42 (yes, I know I need to loose weight), and normal 42s fit me just right. So, I was expecting these to start at 42 and have extra room when I sit. (like my Kohls Croft & Borrows) NOT THE CASE. These are 40s that stretch to 42. When I put them on, standing, I need to stretch them to the max. So the size you buy is the maximum stretched size. So, if you know that going in, then these are indeed very nice pants.
on April 11, 2012
I've always wanted a pair of Haggar slacks, and must say, they were worth the wait and then some. I can't add much to what has already been written, except to say the pants are that good; no wrinkles, lay flat, and feel great. I have horrible sinuses and allergies - one minute I'm hot and sweating, the next cold - and I'm also hot natured. These pants could care less, as they do not make me either hotter or colder during these times. I could not say the same for the George brand slacks I had been wasting money on.

I also waited about six months to write a review because I wanted to see how they would hold up, and they still look new!! There is slight wear here and there on the inside of the waistband, but only because I wear them so much. I would guess the washer is doing the minor damage I'm seeing, so I hope to get another 2-4 pair soon to give these a break.

If you need to look professional at work and want to be comfortable, these are just the ticket. They also look good for church and just out and about.
on February 11, 2010
The pants I ordered were exactly as described and they arrived in a timely manner. I've enjoyed wearing the pants and I would definitely use this seller again.
on February 8, 2014
For a businessman with a belly that seems to expand and contract depending on the size of the meal I eat (or how much beer I drank over the weekend), these are great dress or "business casual" pants. I have them in 4 other colors and wear them regularly. They fit as advertised and are machine washable. I give them 2 thumbs up!