Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Haggar Men's Aqua Tech Parka
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 15, 2011
It's hard to believe the price on this parka is in the $50 range. First, it is very warm/insulated. The material quality of the shell is excellent, as is the inside of the coat. Pockets are large, zippers/buttons top quality. The hood is nice and heavy/insulated so it stays up when it is 0 degrees in ohio. Will also be perfect for wearing to Heinz Field for a January 2012 playoff game. Minus 10 is no problem for it. The design and cut of the parka make it good for wearing to the office or taking the kids sledriding. I got mine in black and it's very sharp. I also like that to get to one of the zippered pockets you need not unzip the coat, the inside pocket is accessed inside the zipper flap. perfect for storing the blackberry. If I had seen this coat in Macy's and was in need, I'd happy pay $100+ for it. another great buy from amazon!
on December 16, 2011
This Jacket is light. Amazon shipped quick. This is good enough for 30 degrees and above tempratures. I wore this when it was 20 and I froze. Lots of packets. If you are young then may be it will work for you. If you are middle age or above, this is not the one. Get a good one with good insulation.
on January 23, 2011
Living in San Diego I don't have a great need for a winter Jacket but recent travels back East mandate that I have something a bit warmer. This Jacket is great! Not only is it water resistant but it is warm with an underlining that allows your body to breath, all while staying warm. I used this during several days of sub-freezing weather, with snow and freezing rain and the hood is an added bonus to keep the weather off of you.
on December 22, 2012
This is a nice jacket, definitely warm without being too heavy. The outer fabric is very `slippery', so Wisconsin snow that blows at 50 MPH brushes right off. Pockets are big, it has snaps and a zipper, and a removable hood.

I have to say, though, that the quality is disappointing for Haggar. When I first wore this coat, the zipper (which is smaller) was very sticky. I waxed it a bit - which helped - but it's still hard to get started. The second time I wore it, the bottom of the right outer pocket stitching came loose - and now there's a 3" opening to a secret pocket-in-a-pocket. I'm not sure if I've lost anything in there... but I'm definitely missing some stuff.

This year (after wearing it about 20 times total) it has 2 snaps off (the outside top is off - though they still function). I flattened them with pliers so the sharp edges wouldn't gash someone (I'm a hugger). The stitching that held the Velcro strip on the flap on the left arm came out - so I have a hanging 4" flap. Dorky looking with the snaps missing ad a one-sided flap, but survivable. I'm used to looking dorky, and the jacket matches my dorky knit hats.

So... overall, I like it, but for a less-than-2-year-old coat, I don't feel like I got a decent value. Overall, I feel like too many clothing items survive for too short of a time these days. I would pay more for better quality...and people I know seem to agree.

** UPDATE 12/2013 **

Might be irrelevant (I see it's no longer available), but thought I would update anyway. Unfortunately, the jacket has become unusable because of the zipper, which is now missing teeth and can't be zipped. It has also lost more snaps, has seams coming apart, etc. I would guess I've worn it 30 times for short durations...

Overall, I have to call this jacket a really bad deal.
on January 14, 2012
This is a good quality coat, and I ordered it for my husband ....in an XL which is his normal size. However when he tried the coat on it was very very short, well above his hips, which sort of defeats the purpose of a parka!
I did have to return this item and would suggest anyone over 5'l0" tall not order it.
on January 9, 2012
This parka meets my needs perfectly. It is very warm, fits nicely [it's cut a bit large], and the hood is a nice addition. A minor issue: the side pockets are kind of awkward to use.
This parka was purchased at Amazon.
on December 6, 2011
Could not decide on a size for my son who is experiencing his first winter in NYC, but the parka looked like a warm and reasonable purchase.
So I got the small and a medium in black, figuring I could send back the one that doesn't fit.
Well it turns out that my son (21) loves it and my dad (81) did too. Seems the parka looks great and is warm. They both wore their jackets home from work today. They said it was comfortable, water resistant and had a lot of pockets.
They were ready to fight over sizes for the jackets, but my son kept the small(which fit him over a suit jacket), my dad the medium.
on December 12, 2011
This is a great jacket: much more substantial (and warmer) than I had figured. Both the material and the finish are very good and the layout of the pockets is very convenient. Plus, the price (only $45 during the Black Friday sale) was amazing.

Even more unbelievable was amazon.com customer service, who sent a replacement promptly when the original shipment disappeared (one of those annoying "delivered--left at front door" without the package that happens very occasionally.) Good customer service makes loyal customers, they say, and amazon.com has a truly terrific one. Two huge thumbs up!
on November 10, 2013
My Husband is a truck driver, After going through many coats he finally found one that keeps him nice and warm while outdoors. It keeps him toasty warm, is waterproof (a BIG bonus), and is a good quality coat. Grateful was able to find a great coat at an awesome price!
on March 23, 2011
I live in the midwest and we get the gauntlet of weather. I was kind of skeptical when I saw how thin it was and thought it would not be warm. I was happily wrong about it! This jacket is very warm and not only that it keeps you dry. I also love the NINE pockets it has.