Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Haggar Men's Work To Weekend Khakis Hidden Expandable Waist No Iron Pleat Front Pant,Khaki,40x34
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 40W x 34L|Color: Khaki|Change

on May 26, 2010
I've bought Haggar khakis for years, finding them to be of better quality than Levis Dockers. However, the quality of these pants has taken a serious nosedive just in the past year. I bought 2 pair last Fall (2009) and the hem at the bottom showed fraying after only a few months. The fraying only got worse and the hems are now completely threadbare. The pleats at mid-shin didn't fare much better and began to fray even sooner than the hems.

Additionally, the expandable strap on one pair simply snapped and detached from the inside of the waistband. I was able to fix it temporarily but I don't expect it to last.

After years of wearing such a sturdy product, it's intensely disappointing to see Haggar jump on the lower-quality bandwagon seemingly to save money in production.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2012

These Haggar slacks are the most comfortable slacks I have. Yes, a previous pair of slacks began to fray at the bottom of each leg, but I had worn them for years, very frequently, and worked outside with them. They are my favorite slacks. They are slow to wrinkle and don't need ironing after being washed.

Update: Although the slacks are generally tough and durable, the exception is the bottom of each leg, which begins to show signs of fraying after only a few months. This is a disappointment for me.
on December 3, 2013
The tan pants cuff after just 6 months is already fraying. The dark pants faded after being washed just a few times.
on July 7, 2015
This is the first, and most likely the last time, I purchase a Haggar product. Their quality control is incredibly bad. I bought a pair of khaki pants and it came with some nasty holes in the bottom. I have never seen anything made as poorly as these pair of pants. This product is cheap in every sense and not worth it.
on August 8, 2011
The pants lost their color and faded in two washings. This item is differently something to stay away from. It might had been a poor dye lot. But I would not recommend to anyone.
on May 1, 2012
Purchased two pairs of pants at the same time. Both had visible fraying at the bottom hem within a couple months. Worn and washed with the same frequency of my other brands of pants, and this was by far the quickest I have experienced the fraying of the hem. And since it occurred on both pairs of pants, I assume it is related to the quality of the material. Bye Bye Haggar..... you lost this consumer.
on November 28, 2015
My husband wanted to see if Haggar has fixed the widely reported problem in other reviews here on Amazon -- i.e. that the pant hems fray quickly. IT'S STILL A PROBLEM. Although the pant is a good comfortable fit, and the correct length for him, the pant hems have begun to fray AFTER WEARING THEM FEWER THAN 10 TIMES. Unbelievable. Photo attached.
on November 27, 2012
I bought these pants in May of 2012 and by the end of August I had to have a tailor re-hem the bottom because they frayed badly. Then in late November the knee ripped out and I am very easy on my clothes. Usually my pants last for years. That's it no more Hagger from me. Bought 4 pairs of pants of different colors; all of them frayed on the bottom within months. They use a very weak cotton fiber. Save your money, stay away from these.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 22, 2015
The gusset-to-waistband distance IS NOT as shown in the picture at the top of this page. These are very low-riding pants, and even pulling them up to the natural "lower" waist at the hips felt like I was being given a "wedgie."
I compared these to a pair of khakis I've had for a while, and they're more than 2" shorter in the "button to gusset" length.
I guess if you have a naturally low waist, these might be fine for you, but they're not a bit comfortable for me. I wouldn't even be able to wear them a couple hours a week to go to church.

I guess some things just shouldn't be bought over the internet...like pants.
on January 21, 2013
I have had several pair of these pants and decided to order more because they are very comfortable. So comfortable that I ordered two. After only two weeks, a hole was worn in both pairs where my belt buckle is located. On week three the cuff hems began to fray and there is a noticeable lightening from my wallet.