4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, almost five stars
Published 4 months ago by David Good

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV
Good picture and size is perfect. But there are no optical or audio outputs. I was shocked when I went to hook up the sound bar. Only option is head phone out plug using MP3 cable to sound bar input. Analog signal but better than nothing...
Published 4 months ago by MWM

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, almost five stars, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Haier America LE39F32800 39-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (Electronics)
I love this tv, don't get me wrong. Has great video and looks super. I only have two complaints (so far). First, I understand that with these flat panel displays it's challenging for manufacturers to find a place to put the speakers. Best I can tell they have them pointing directly down from the plastic panel. Unfortunately if you have the TV in say, an old-style entertainment stand, this causes a really tinny echoy sound.

I hooked a couple of PC speakers to the headset port and improved the TVs sound dramatically. But for what you pay for an HDTV, you shouldn't have to do this.

Second, Haier is offering a discount on a Roku Streaming Stick as a promotion. I'd like to point out this is slightly misleading. The $10 discount is ONLY applicable to the Streaming Stick for MHL - which is some sort of funky mobile version of HDMI. Technically this is nice because MHL carries power so you don't need to hook it up to USB for power.

My two problems with this is that first, the MHL streaming stick costs $69, not the $49 of the regular streaming stick - so you're actually not saving money. Even after the $10 discount you're still spending more. Second, if you have another TV that doesn't have this funky new port that no one's ever heard of, well, you're out of luck. Your fancy Roku won't work with it. This coupon code is ONLY applicable to the MHL version so don't be fooled - make sure you know what you're getting if you choose to take advantage of it.

If the sound was a teensy bit better and the streaming stick discount was applicable to ANY roku purchase, this would be five stars for sure.

Edit 4/3/14:
By the way if you bought this TV and the sound changes unexpectedly, check the audio menu and check to see if "Auto Volume" is on. If it is, turn it off. This should fix your sound issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, February 8, 2014
Cimmay (Seattle WA) - See all my reviews
This TV is a good deal, easy to use and setup. Haier has discount insert for the Roku streaming stick, the flyer says $10, but at checkout the discount is $20. It works very good with fast action sports like live ice hockey off Roku. No problems at all plugging in Roku or hooking up DVD/VHS machine. Picture quality is outstanding, no adjustments needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love the tv and the price., February 26, 2014
At $299 this tv amazing. The picture is superb and it was extremely simple to set up. Basically ready right out of the box. We will probably end up getting a different surround sound or audio bar so the audio quality can match the visual. Overall I am pleased with our purchase. Shipping was extremely quick. 3 business days and it was at my door.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, April 8, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal quick shiiping Tv itself is awesome, March 9, 2014
shipping is good and tv is awesome especially under this price. If it can come with a cable that wil be better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speakers too low & Fade out, March 14, 2014
I gave it a 4/5 because everything about this tv is great besides the fact that the speakers are extremely low & randomly fade to sound really low. I suggest a sound-bar if you buy this TV if your buying it for your living room. Quality is great

4.0 out of 5 stars Good TV for the price, July 24, 2014
I shopped around for a while on the Internet before finally deciding to get this TV. I don't regret my purchase at all. It's a great TV for the price. It looks great. I love the small bezel and how thin it is. It also has 3 hdmi, a headphone jack, and an vga port so there is plenty of room to plug in all of your devices.

The cons:
The sound on the TV is not very good. It's pretty tinny. You can adjust the settings and make it sound a little better. With these thin TVs I guess there's not really room for decent speakers. I'm sure if you care that much about the sound though you already have a theater system.

The only other thing I don't like is that changing the channel is very clunky. If you ever have to use the built in tuner on the TV it is very difficult to flip the channels like we all like to do. It takes about 2 seconds to change channels. When you change it, a big ugly blue screen comes on for 2 seconds and then it changes. It is really annoying. If you have a set top box for you cable or satellite, then it's something you don't have to worry about.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 10, 2014
sound sucks?

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought this TV because it seemed like a good choice 39" for just 300$, July 6, 2014
Size is not always all, I bought this TV because it seemed like a good choice 39" for just 300$, image quality is OK! And It comes with a lot of options to connect different devices 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB, 1VGA among others. BUT sound quality is the worst of all! The remote control doesn't feel right, seems like it was made really poor quality! It says "Roku Ready" but with other HDMI stick devices the performance it's awful. For example my chromecast. Every time I tried to stream something the connection just get off and I have to select the correct HDMI port again, it's really annoying. The first HDMI port, next to the AC adapter it's pretty much useless since the position that has and the shape of the TV doesn't leave to much space to connect a HDMI cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, Nice price, June 21, 2014
A very nice TV. The picture is very good, some very minor trails with rapid movement on screen, but you have to be really picky to call it a problem. The sound needed some work, it was a bit tinny as recieved, but some fiddling with the audio settings made it better. Really like the 3 HDMI ports - cable, blueray player, and Amazon Fire TV. Also, this TV is very light weight - probably about 15 pounds.
Overall, I am glad I bought this to update our primary TV.

Rate and Discover Movies