4.0 out of 5 stars great cooler if you do it right
Published 5 months ago by billy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I envisioned at all
My beverage center arrived quickly and we were quite eager to get it up and running as my husband always takes too much space in the fridge with his bottled water, soda pop and beer. Just as advertised, it holds a lot of stuff!
Published on October 31, 2010 by Elizabeth W. Yingling

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I envisioned at all, October 31, 2010
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
The honeymoon ended quickly though, when we found that we could not get the temp to go below 49 degrees, which is pretty tepid for any cold beverage and absolutely unacceptable for beer. We tried everything, reread instructions, etc. You can only set it on a dial, there no indication of what the temp actually is...so we bought a thermometer and got the bad news that despite being on the coldest setting possible, we weren't getting below 49-50, which according to the thermometer we bought is actually in the "danger" zone of letting bacteria breed.
So, we call the manufacturer who says that we should have know it is a "cooler" not a fridge and will only keep beverages 20 degrees cooler than the ambient temp in the house. What a crock!!!!!!
So, we're stuck with a piece of equip that barely cools things down.
I suggest anyone interested in purchasing these things, now matter the price, be well informed between the differences of cooler and refrigerator. I have learned an expensive lesson.

4.0 out of 5 stars great cooler if you do it right, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
this cooler will cool if you pull the temp control knob off and turn the set screw located on the left side clockwise(to the right).you may have to adjust it several times to get the right setting.remember to put a thermometer insde to check temp.i adjusted mine after not being able to get it below 46 degs and now it stays between 32 and 38.once I had it set I fine tuned it with the control knob.problem solved

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, performs poorly, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
This thing broke in 9 months. Never really got drinks cold anyway. More of a "chiller" than refrigerator. Get something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get cold enough..., May 6, 2010
Fancy looking junk. Set to coldest setting. Doesn't get drinks cold. Friend bought one about the same time. Same problem. It's a wine cooler, NOT beverage cooler. Don't buy unless you AREN'T expecting to have cold drinks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted..., October 1, 2009
Nick (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this fridge from another vendor and I was happy with it except it died after about 2 years of use. I looked into getting it repaired, but the person I spoke to said it would be more cost effective to replace it due to the labor charges. I saw on the Target website that another person had the same experience, so it seems the longevity of this product is in question.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless., February 7, 2011
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
The fridge looks great, would be a perfect for beer, and I thought would be perfect for my bar. Only problem is that it is junk. It does not get cold whatsoever. Might as well stick your beer outside at night to get it cooler. Do not buy unless you know how to rig the thermostat.

3.0 out of 5 stars good customer service, November 1, 2009
the first one I received did not work very well at all, I reported this to Amazon and it was replaced without any problems at all. the new one works well for a soda dispenser at work. I am happy with the purchase and the customer service

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Beverage Container, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
If you are going to buy, be aware: I bought it from Super Bargain and it took 5 weeks+ to come in. I took the measurements from Amazon and gave to my cabinet builder and he built a spot in the island for it. When it arrived, it was 1" wider. Also, it was 3/4" taller due to door plate cover on top. You can see this in the picture. I had to cut and rebuild my new cabinet myself to correct. It works fine, but keep it set to the middle on temp; if set to coldest setting you can hear a humming noise that never seems to stop. Other than these issues, works as it should.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adjust the internal screw for lower temeratures, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
This is basic fridge that requires a little tweaking if you want colder temperatures. Overall an excellent value that should suit most people.

To make it colder, carefully pry the temperature knob off with a large flathead screwdriver. Inside you will see a small silver phillips head screw (See photo above). Twist this screw a few revolutions clockwise and wait then wait a few hours to see how cold to gets- Adjust as necessary to your needs.

PROS:
1. Affordable.
2. Nice LED light with a toggle switch.
3. Lockable.

CONS:
1. A little noisy. Not unbearable, but might not be suitable in a home theater.
2. Shelves bow slightly when loaded near capacity with cans.

This is far from a perfect bar fridge, but an excellent value at this price. For reference, I bought mine at Sam's Club.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooler, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center (Kitchen)
If you have the room and want a good drink cooler. This is the one you want. I bought this to help keep room in the refrigerator and the door closed.

ARRAY(0xa9620e04)

Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center
$240.39 $197.25
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.