Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 14, 2009
Great set with wonderful picture. Sound is weak so I added Bose Music Monitor speakers and that completely solved that problem (connected to earphone jack). Internal speakers are OK while on the go. This set is identical to one sold by Supersonic but picture quality of Haier is superior. DVD works well. Remote is well laid out and superior to the one that came with the Supersonic. The antenna connection is recessed and diffacult to get to without a wrench. I added a 90 degree screw adapter from Radio Shack and now the connection is easyly made.

Love the dvd feature and added Bose speakers for home use. Set is easy to operate and quality superior to Supersonic.

PLEASE NOTE: Set is black and much better looking than the picture showen. I have two of these units and use one everyday in my bedroom.

In my area an external antenna is required ---- I use the internal/external DIRECTIONAL dish from Radio Shack---cost about $87.00.
on November 8, 2009
this unit is loaded with features and it has an excellent picture. However, sound volume is very low - inaudible in a car. So you need to use headphones. Unfortunately, when I plugged in the phones, only one sound channel worked. But when I "wiggled" the phone plug a bit, the second channel comes and goes. Finally, after one day of use, the sound quit all together. I get nervous when these kind of problems occur that early in a product's life cycle, so back to the store it went.
on October 31, 2009
Nice looking but I could not get one uhf station or any reception at all in the Buffalo, NY signal area Did not work for me. Sent back to third party and Amazon was nice enough to cover the shipping cost.
on July 1, 2010
I thought it was great when I just it the first time. My husband watch one movie on it and got only one channel with antenna. Now the door on the dvd play gets stuck and the dvd player will not even play a dvd. Not even the first movie we watched. This really sucks!
on December 8, 2010
I live JUST outside Philadelphia and could get one channel (plus two religion only channels), and the reception goes in and out on that one channel! Loved the dvd player, until it stopped working after about 8 movies total. (It's seems the eye broke and doesn't read now.) After a few months I barely get one channel, and it won't play CD's or DVD's at all. I paid full price of 149.00.
on March 15, 2011
Buyer beware: This item , though not described anywhere in the description, only has a 90 day warranty.
Ours quit after 7 months, would NOT change channels from either the remote, or the buttons on the unit itself.
We seldom used the TV, and doubtful it was on more that 5 hours in the time owned.
It was purchased as a back-up TV in case of power failures.
So you will not know of the VERY Limited Warranty until you've already purchased and received it.
Talked with the company, and there was NO negotiating possible.
This of course will be the first and LAST Haier product I waste money on.
So Should You.!
on March 21, 2010
Arrived with broken DVD door & locking mechanism. Had to send back to manufacturer for repairs at own expense of postage!!!!
on December 30, 2010
I bought this piece of crap last year and I am sorry that I wasted my money. The DVD cover lasted just long enough that I can't return it. Now, it will not stay shut, so I cannot play DVDs on it. It's not too bad as a TV set, but if that's all I wanted, I could have found something better for less money.
on January 13, 2012
this is a very nice product. It came with a stand which can be removed. It also has a removable tv antenna which picks up local tv stations. It fades in and out if you try to watch tv while driving. It has a great picture and good sound quality. The controls are hard for young children and some adults to understand. You need the remote control to perform some necessary functions. The remote control is included however. It's just a matter of time before a child loses the remote. Parents should consider this before purchasing for a child. Overall I think it's a good product.
on January 23, 2014
I don't have a cable outlet in my computer room.
I can get all of my local channels and more on this.
I love that I can be getting things done on my computer
without having to miss my favorite shows.