Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 24, 2011
I bought this after my first dorm fridge of the semester crapped out. I had a lot of problems with ordering and delivery of this product, but it was due to the company; the item itself is perfectly fine. It is virtually the same as other 2-door refrigerator/freezers of more recognizable names such as Frigidaire. I had personally never heard of Haier before, but the fridge does its job pretty well. A middle setting is enough to make frost form in freezer and keep milk plenty cold. Heat is expelled out of the sides, so don't put it in a close-fitted cubby even if it is convenient. That probably contributed to the death of my first fridge. Straight out of the box, the inside of the fridge/freezer smelled strongly of plastic, and even after two baking soda washes still smelled of plastic, though much less strongly. Weeks later, the smell is gradually fading.
on April 4, 2012
So I received this fridge for Christmas, since I am in the middle of redoing the kitchen I needed something I could fit in the living room that was small, could hold refreshments and frozen meals, snacks, etc. It worked well for maybe a month. Then, it started making a very irritating high pitched noise... well, within two days it stopped working.

We had to go back, return it, and get a new one. We got the same model since we thought maybe it was a fluke.

4 weeks later I started hearing the high pitched noise of death again and now THIS one is broken. I kept it on 5 out of 7 on the temp scale, did not overcrowd it, and now I have gone through TWO fridge fulls of rotted food (I am the most appalled at the ruined load of Chobani I had JUST purchased)

It may be working for you, and maybe by chance it is working for those that gave it 4 or 5 stars, but like another reviewer here, mine stopped working. But for me, TWICE, on two separate fridges of the same model. Don't take the chance. Just don't.

Very very doubtful but I will be requesting Haier reimburse me for all my ruined food this time.
on August 17, 2011
The fridge works well. Definitely does what it's expected to. It's cold enough to cause ice build up in the fridge on the medium coldness setting. It can be a little loud at times, particularly when it must expel heat on the sides when it needs to significantly drop the temperature, but other than that, no complaints.
on June 15, 2012
Do not purchase this product because it looks nice or because it's inexpensive. This is a very poorly made item. I purchased it in May and it literally stopped working within 3 weeks after the return policy date. Now it's a giant door stop. DO NOT PURCHASE
on March 26, 2012
The refrigerator worked seamlessly for two weeks...and then one day it just didn't. I have plugged it up to a surge protector and into the wall. I have also changed the temperature, but still nothing. When it did work, it kept my food very cold, so cold that I had to turn it down. But now, the food that was in there is rotten and in the garbage.

Thank you Haier products.
on June 4, 2012
I don't know if it was just mine or Amazon had a bad batch of these, but it never got very cold at all and now the only thing that works is the little light that comes on when I open the door to let the hot air out of the refrigerator. It is completely broken after about 2 weeks and now I have to get a box, pack it up and send it back to Amazon. The last thing in the world I want to do is pick up a 75 lb refrigerator to pack it up. This has turned into a major pain in the neck.
on May 13, 2012
Worked for about 3 weeks then went completely dead. Unplugged and tried plugging back in a few days later but nothing. Thank goodness for Amazons great return policy. Amazon is greatness, this fridge is unreliable. Too bad I was really hoping to use this as a dorm room fridge for my daughter. The size is nice and there is a nice freezer section that just isn't offered in this price range. However price doesn't matter if it dies in less than a month.
on April 9, 2013
I bought this product because I am disabled and live in a large house full of people, and I wanted someplace to keep my drinks and snacks without having to risk falling just to discover nothing in the main refridgerater. Delivery was timely, and I was surprised to see the inside was actually good size. It has a seperate freezer that (this is the inportant part) keeps ice cream frozen. As this size is good for singles and college dorms it holds several days of frozen foods. The refridgerater section will hold a 6 pack of cans in the door in there own section while the door will still hold 2 half gallon containers on the bottom shelf. The top door shelf is a little small but will hold items if taken out of the package. While the shelves in the refridgerater are not adjustable they are removeable and it has a small drawer that will hold the ingredients of a salad, and overall the refridgerater will hold at least a weeks worth of food also. Lastly after the initional turning on period when you first plug it in and turn it up to # 6 or 7 I found that it started freezing the items inside quickly and turned it down to around between # 2 and 3 this seems to be the perfect setting, and as the refridgerater cool quickly I would recommend starting the setting at #4 to bring it up to temp. The only down side I have found is that at times it whistles and it does mention this on the box. The package itself is made so that one person can remove this product with min. effort. Overall I recommend this product if you live in a small boarding house or dorm or just want a place for the occ. shopping overflow.
on May 6, 2012
Bought this a month ago to store milk for my baby. After two weeks the freezer stopped working and I had to moved the half frozen milk to my big refrigerator. Unplugged for a full day and it worked again. Two weeks later the cold compartment lost its coldness but the freezer still worked. Had to move the milk to another fridge. I emailed Haier for a refund and now waiting for a reply....I'm still using the freezer to freeze the milk but the cold compartment is pretty much useless. Do not buy this piece of junk metal

Update: after spending a few days trying to contact tech support via email and phone with no response, I came to conclusion that I will never buy another Haier product. No response via email or any CSR response by phone I decided to contact Amazon. Within 24 hrs I got a reply back from Amazon saying they will accept a return even after the 30 day period. Now that is customer service. Amazon refunded my money and even paid for return shipping. 5 stars for Amazon and please stay away from broken Haier products
on January 31, 2013
I bought one a few months ago for my office. A few weeks after receiving it, the fridge started making a loud noise. Then it completely stopped working. I tried to return it but at first Haier refused because, according to them, it was being used for commercial purposes--even though it is in a personal office and I am the only person using it. In any event, after a tremendous amount of time and effort arguing with them, they sent me a new one. I have had the new one for a few weeks. It kind of works but has a huge ice buildup in it, even though I have it set on medium temperature and there is barely anything inside. I expect it to stop working too, it's just a matter of time. I do NOT recommend this product to anyone - it is a complete piece of junk.