Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Haier HNSE032BB 3.2 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, Black
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 24, 2012
Item arrived today and fully meets product description. I unpacked the fridge with my car keys in no more than five to ten minutes. Fridge was packed nicely with about an inch of bubble wrap on all sides (except for top opening). I plugged the fridge in and it immediately hummed to life. Humming noise is fairly low and is drowned out by the sound of air conditioning. Humming also comes along in bursts. It will hum for a bit, then stop. My A/C at work is fairly noisy, so I doubt that the fridge humming will ever become an issue. It appears that opening the fridge may trigger the humming noise if it was silent at the time of opening. In an hour, the fridge was already colder than a 1.7 cubic ft. fridge that one of my colleagues has. Although my expectations for a mini fridge are relatively low, I feel that this item was a good decision at the $135 price point. Perfect for sodas and small lunch ideas.

Update 5/15/2012: Fridge is working great and still looks nice and brand new. Humming noise is barely noticeable anymore. I use primarily for water/soda and fridge can have them fully chilled in under 2 hours.

Update 9/6/2012: Today the fridge no longer works. It worked great for a little over four months, but I expect more than that. It sat in an air conditioned office keeping beverages cool - that's it. It was not treated roughly and displays no wear or tear. I'm no fridge expert, but it's clearly not pumping freon into the unit. A Haeir customer service rep stated that it is in the window of their exchange policy. This requires me to fill out a form (that they will send via email), send the form back to Haier, and then they will send me a new fridge. It is up to me to dispose of the non-working mini-fridge. Overall, not a very complicated exchange.

Update: 9/7/2012: Sent return form to Haier for replacement.

Update 9/24/2012: Haier called to inform me that they received my exchange request. However, this exact model is no longer in stock, but they will ship me a comparable model in its place. I should have the new fridge within the next 2 weeks. Other than the 30ish day turnaround, I have been overall pleased with Haier customer service.
33 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2012
I've only had this fridge for a few days, so it is quite early to be giving a review, but so far I've had a good experience with this fridge. It worked, it looks really nice, and is perfect for my dorm. It does have a freezer component, but it's pretty small. I couldn't fit my 16 oz Ben and Jerry's in and still close it. But other than that setback, it's been really great for the price, and thanks to prime, it arrived in just two days!
44 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
I originally bought a Black & Decker 2.5 (which is made by Haier) and it was nothing more than a cooler. Dairy products went bad pretty quickly on high and sodas were cool, not cold. I stepped up to this 3.2 Haier and it is perfect. I actually have to turn down the temp because the cokes were started to ice up. There is a lot of room inside for my needs. The side door is very nicely laid out. I'm glad I took a chance on this after my bad experience with the smaller one. It is precisely what I was looking for.
on October 26, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this fridge, it's very quiet and compact. The freezer part really freezes things and the fridge gets really cold. It's great for storing ice cream, ices, lunch meat... stuff like for college students or even for anyone looking to put one in their home. I look forward to purchasing another one soon. I have mines in new room WELL WORTH THE MONEY. GO AHEAD AND ADD IT TO YOUR CART. :-D
on February 22, 2013
I am replacing a smaller frig that didnt work well.But this thing is great. It gets drinks cold quickly, and so far after at least of month of use, hasnt frozen over. I keep medication in it so that is something I always like to make sure isnt an issue. If you want a good looking fridge, with a lot of space this is your fridge. It is also pretty darn quiet. Sometimes I have to check to make sure its still working since its so silent!
on September 20, 2012
After reading various reviews, I wasn't sure about this product but I have been very pleasantly surprised - it works perfectly, nice space inside for beverages and is very quiet. For the price, you can't beat this mini-fridge!
on February 18, 2013
This purchase was for our office. The fridge is a perfect fit and runs pretty cold, so it's set low. Very quiet. Haven't used the freezer part, which we don't really need anyway. But it's perfect for keeping lunch and the water pitcher and drinks cold. I'm considering buying one for home as soon as we can make space for it, as a drinks fridge.
on August 26, 2013
I had purchased another brand before I purchased this one. It was not the dimensions to which they advertised and as such did not fit our kitchen refrigerator space. I have now purchased a total of three of these over the last two months. They are roomy and work well.
on April 6, 2013
this is a great fridge at an amazing price. Definitely recommend purchase of this product. the only gripe i have is that the 2 liter shelf in the door takes up a good bit of space inside the bottom shelf when closed, so we had to put a piece of tape on the shelf to make sure we dont bang the door on whats sitting on the bottom shelf.
on October 4, 2012
We bought this fridge so we could have cold drinks in our bedroom. It can fit a lot of drinks too probably over 20 total and have room for food. It gets the drinks nice and cold in a few short hours.