5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase
Published 24 months ago by sau

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for price, plan for surround sound system
I just got this TV yesterday and for the price I think it gives you alot of bang for your buck. Its quite large with a great refresh rate. The sound however is terrible and you will definately need to get either a soundbar or surround sound system to compliment this system. I can usually live without one but this is the exception.
Published on December 5, 2012 by Plantain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Haier LE55B1381 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim LED HDTV (Electronics)
I was debating whether to get this TV for such a low price of $548. I tried to see if there are more reviews other than the existing 7 reviews in Amazon. I called on Dec. 16 (Sunday) afternoon at 4pm to see if Haier has any customer service representative working, and to my surprise there was a person answering the phone. I asked if there is any authorized Haier service center in San Francisco and the answer was yes. Therefore, I decided to give this TV a try and order it from Amazon. I received the TV today with enhanced home delivery (EHD). EHD means the delivery person will deliver the item inside your home and take the TV out for visual inspection and turning it on to ensure the unit is working properly before leaving. I immediately checked the TV by connecting it to a DVD player to ensure the HDMI ports worked. I also scanned the TV channels to ensure the tuner work. The TV work beautifully: the color is brilliant and the sound is good. I own two other TVs: a 40" Sony LCD and a 42" Panasonic LED. So far, I am glad that I make this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for price, plan for surround sound system, December 5, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, Decent Picture, Very Terrible Sound Quality, December 7, 2012
This 55 inch TV was a great value for the price that I paid (under 700 +tax, shipped). I am happy with the Picture (1080p, 120 refresh rate, LED). My son has found that the tv picture quality degrades when very fast motion appears on the set. This causes some blurring...which was specifically mentioned as not being a problem for this TV.

This TV has 3 HDMI inputs which is adequate. There is not a digital sound output as available from other brands.

The biggest knock on this TV is the terrible sound quality from the internal speakers. I am able to use my digital audio output from my Directv box directly to my surround sound system, as well as our PS3 that we use for BluRay movies (and gaming), but there are times that I would not normally run the surround sound with my previous rear projection TV, and now I have to use the surround sound for everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for, January 30, 2013
While Inwas slightly worried by some of the complaints for this tv. The lighting and sound. I found the tv has sufficient sound levels(I have yet to turn it above 40, which is loud and barely over half way up) and the lighting effect is only truly noticeable if you actually looking for it. My though is that those people who felt these were major issues most likely had defective models. Which can happen with any electronic device. Over all the picture and audio qualities are great and I will be happy to use this tv for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT deal for the price a great TV. Need a sound bar/surround sound though!, January 16, 2013
I paid under $570 for this tv on sale. Received it quickly, and it was easy to set up. The picture is amazing. The remote has new batteries in it, and it doesn't have a very far range. You have to be closer than 8 feet to the tv for the remote to work. Not a great feature if you have a big space. Don't know if it is just me or not. But you can program your DISH remote to work the TV, so not a big deal. The only downfall on the TV is the sound as others have said. I wasn't sure what people meant about it having horrible sound. But, I bought it since it was such a good deal. As soon as I took it out of the box I noticed that the speaker is only a circle about the size of a dessert plate on the back of the tv. The tv does get very loud. So it isn't that it is too quiet, it's just the quality of the sound. It is muffled and sounds like to are listening to an old radio or something. BUT...it's an easy fix. I bought a sound bar also on sale for $36 shipped. It was normally $110, and bought it on Amazon cheaper than Walmart had it. I attatched the sound bar bracket to the wall mount and then plugged the sound bar into the tv. Amazing. So, even though I had to spend an extra $36 for the tv to be perfect, I have no problem with it...it was still an awesome price for an awesome TV. I am not picky about having high def sound or surround sound...but I would definately reccomend if you buy this tv, to just buy the sound bar with it so you have it right away and don't have to wait for it and listen to the bad sound for a few days before getting it. You will kick yourself if you don't. I did. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast shipping and good graph quality!, December 12, 2012
Super fast shipping with good quality. It is not heavy so it is easy to carry. Very slim and looks very cool. I checked the quality with some HD videos and both sounds and graph are excellent! The size is just right for room! You can use it as an extra laptop monitor or TV, very convenient. The price is appropriate. I think this TV will be the best choice at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and sound, December 23, 2012
Very good tv. great picture and sound. The labeling on the remote took a little while for my son to learn though. Switching between the DVR, CPU, Wii, DVD player with the oddly labelled buttons had my son calling me into his room for a few days until he got it down. Otherwise, we love this tv and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, much better than my Vizio, January 29, 2013
beishixu (Livingston, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
The images are crystal clear and it is much better than my Vizio. I think this is the best buy I got from Amazon so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Returning, but might be ok for you, January 10, 2013
I needed a digital optical output, says it has one, mine did not!

Blurring of motion was an issue for some media, not for others. Set looks nice and durable. But the blur and the audio combo put me to return it and get something else.

If you have certain needs and just want a big set, this was a great price when I bought it, but overall, not going to cut it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, February 1, 2013
This is a wonderful tv at a wonderful price. Great depth, color, sound and every thing I was looking for.