5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on December 8, 2011 by Donald R. Poteet

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems I May Have Pulled a Lemon
Published on August 31, 2012 by BTC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Haier RWT350AW 3.1 Cubic Feet Top Load Agitator Washer, White (Kitchen)
This replaced an old Kenmore that I had for several years and I don't know if all the new washers are like this but this one is actually a pleasure to use. It doesn't sound at all like my old washer and the quietness caught me by surprise. It is just a very smooth operating machine. I don't really know how to describe its operation in detail but as of now I would highly reccomend this washer. I've only had it about a month and so far I see no problems with it at all.

I thought I would update since I've had this washer for sometime now. It quit on me a couple weeks ago and I've called customer service three times and they were supposed to send some one out but so far I haven't had any results from that. No call or anything. But the good news is, I decided to try and fix it myself so I took it apart and all I did was look but when I put it back together everything worked as it should. So even tho I'm glad it is working, I am skeptical to how long it will work. I know now that I can't depend on customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems I May Have Pulled a Lemon, August 31, 2012
UPDATE: I finally gave up. The blade could not be replaced and was tearing up my clothes, and Amazon could not replace the unit, so it has been submitted for return. Really unfortunate considering I try to purchase from Amazon any chance I get, but instead I found an LG Washer on ApplianceConnection.com that was originally $775 marked down to $600 w/ Free Shipping. Oh well. I hope others have more luck with this than I did (and based on reviews, they seem to). [END UPDATE]

I purchased this washer based on the seven prior reviews, which all praised this unit's performance. I have had the washer for 36 hours now and can hardly express my disappointment. I will preface my two major issues below with the fact that I did indeed contact Amazon and, much to my poor luck, I purchased the last of the units they had in inventory which means I cannot receive a replacement. This is very disappointing as there are no other washers in this price point with anywhere near the quality of reviews that this unit has. So, that leaves me with a lemon of a washer to deal with now since Amazon won't replace it.

1) Arrived with snapped inner blade - The inner steel drum has your typical old-fashioned 'blade' system to clean and turn the clothes. This is what gets your clothes washed. After installing the unit, I opened it up to find the base of one of the three blade snapped off. Not only will it not effectively wash the clothes on one of the three thirds of the unit now, but it has left a sharp shard of plastic where it was cracked off that would rip holes in any clothes I wash. I have covered this shard at this point because, well, I need my clothes washed - even if only at 2/3rds its effectiveness.

2) The unit does not remove water from the clothes on predetermined spin cycle. In the five loads I have washed, each has left all clothes in the load drenched in water - the equivalent of me jumping in a pool fully clothed. The spin cycle does not remove this water in its predesignated speed/length. I cannot tell whether it is the RPMs (or lack thereof) or length of spin that is causing the issue (or combination of the two), but whichever it is, it forces me to run a second spin-only cycle just to drain a little more water out.

I am thoroughly disappointed in this product. I have several Haier appliances around the house and while I will never confuse them with top-of-the-line manufacturers, they always do the job. This unit has been a disaster, one that Amazon cannot rectify for me at this point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thus far, February 16, 2012
I have had this washer for about two months. It works pretty good so far. It has a lot of room to put dirty laundry in and washes it well. All the options for washing are great to choose from. The only thing that I wish was better was the amount of time it takes to wash in certain settings. As a result, I mainly use the quick cycle to wash. The normal takes about 50 minutes if I'm not mistaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some helpfull info in your purchace!!!, May 27, 2012
The adj Is Short and then can be long sweeps (due to what cycle you have it on) This unit lacks a Transmission so all the adj and spining is done with one Motor and a belt. there is also a small actuator under it witch engages the basket drive (as many new Whirlpool units are) the most common problem with the units are Number one is the cheep as heck Vbelt they have on it that is known to stretch out and 2 the pump. where the impeller separates from the shaft. Over all they are amazing quality for a China washer. The motors are stout the controllers are simple. The baskets are stainless and the tubs are plastic. Pretty much the same as most whirlpool units They do fill to about 3\4 on a full load. Depends all on settings. Each cycle is a little Different. But overall they all do the same thing. Haier is a good company but there Cust Service Sucks donkey nuts. Cool part is Sears Will service this unit. They dont sell it but they will service them. Most Guys even have the parts in the truck :)

allways do your snooping!!! Dont wanna buy a pretty Turd.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far good washer, June 7, 2012
I have owned this washer since may 26 2012, since then I have washed a lot of laundry in it, did many loads. No problems so far, seems to be a well made washer, cleans clothes well. I have never owned a Haier washer before so time will time on the dependability. I like the electronic controls on this washer, lots of cycles to choose from. This machine beeps at the end of wash cycle letting you know the load is finished, I've never had that feature in a washer before. One thing really cool about this washer is when it spins it sounds like a jet engine taking off, LOL. Overall Iam happy with the washer. This washer smells good and looks sexy. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention, my delivery was 4 days late.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gem of a washer, August 20, 2012
I had just purchased this machine at PC Richards and paid 267.00 (what employees pay sale)and truly expected this machine not to even power on for this price. After 3 expensive HE machines I am back to old school washers, with belts and pulleys. This machine RWT350AW is a little wonder. I recall years back the racket top loaders made, and surprisingly the Haier is reasonably quiet. Earlier today washed thick bath towels, and noticed how clear the drain water was exiting from the drain hose. And this is using a powered detergent. Even my previous HE washers did not extract all of the soap suds. Washer does a fantastic job of cleaning, and I hope it will last for some time. This unit will not fetch any beauty pageant crowns, as it is rather squat looking. But it does a great job cleaning clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haier Washing Machine, March 9, 2012
Delivery seemed to take a little longer than I expected but it was free, so I guess that would be expected. Very happy with the appearance of this machine and the clear and easy to understand functions and controls. It is extremley quiet and so far I have no complaints. I hope that it will last a long time!

1.0 out of 5 stars LEMON REPORT - Won't drain or spin!, February 19, 2013
We purchased this unit in June of 2012 after coming home to our old (very old) unit officially dead after months of it limping along. We've now had this washer 7 months with mostly good service. The occasional need to reseat the clothing in it for balance issues but over all it was a steady machine, if unable to wash the capacities it claimed to handle.

When I got home Friday evening we found the washer still on rinse even though we had been away from the house for 8 hours! After much searching online we tried to remove the cloths and restart the cycle to see if that would correct the issue as well as a few other tips for washers than won't drian. It however did nothing. When I tried calling afterwards I found I had to wait until Monday. When I called Monday, no one answered. I called back today and they said they set me up for service but it could be as long as two weeks out before anyone actually comes to fix it. I was giving information for the local in-home repair company whom my problem had been referred to. However, when I called them I was unable to set a time 'claiming' their system was down. I am being forced to wait again for further service.

Poor quality and poor customer service is all you will find buying this Haier product! Avoid it like the plague.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to rate when it hasn't been used., December 10, 2012
I was so excited to get this washer that I used it as soon as it was set up. I should say that I tried to use it. It filled with water and that was it. It would not empty. We had to empty it by hand. We went through all the trouble shooting suggestions to no avail. I called customer service and they tried to find someone to come look at it and possibly repair it. That did not happen. I finally called Amazon and was referred to the retailer. The retailer was the one that truly helped. Melissa arranged for the washer to be picked up so that we can get a refund. It has been a month in the making.
It may be a great washer but I have no way of telling. All in all it was a bad experience to say the least. Well, except for Melissa. I need to add that this has been my only bad experience from working with Amazon. I will not give up on them.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, October 18, 2012
I don't need the fancy washers and driers so this was perfect for me. It has sturdy knobs which was why I had to replace my old one. It has the usual settings for heavier and lighter loads and quick clean and extra clean. No issues, works great. This is the first time I've ever bought a Haier appliance. If I don't encounter any problems in the future with this machine, I will consider their other appliances when things need replacing.