Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on February 14, 2004
This little washer does everything the large washer will, at half the price. When I first started it up, it did leak. However, I found it was my error and all it needed was some tightening on the drain line clamp. It is quiet, efficient, and fits into quiet places. The perfect addition to any small garage apartment, or other small area. Best of all, it connects to a kitchen sink and is 110 and not 220. I would recommend it to anyone. Just remember, a year's use and it has paid for itself when you don't have to go to the laundry mat.
on February 20, 2005
The order only took 8 days from the date I placed the order to arrive on my door step..I live on the MA/RI line and this came from califorina.UPS is great!!!!5 stars for them<br />
<br />
I'm using this 8.8 haier washer in my 44 ft Hyline Trailer.It fits nicely in the closet and the casters provide excellent mobile ability to the kitcken sink,being only 21&quot;by 21&quot; height,and 36 in height this is just the right size.It washes great,I was a little afraid it would not wash right...Not at all,this washes just as good as a full size machine,It's the sight of it that takes getting use to.<br />
The drain hose could be made of a little more flexible material,it's a little stiff...But the hook up to the faucet was perfect..Thanks Haier for this product!You should hook up with RV makers
on January 26, 2005
Machine is nice looking and arrived fast. Instruction manuel has poor drawings and instructions, but you can figure it out if you think outside the box. The given dimensions of the machine are correct, but they forget to tell you the drain hose exits on the side adding close to 1 3/4" to the width... which almost made it not fit my space. The supply hose attaches to the top surface of the machine, ruining it's sleek look. Why both hoses weren't designed to exit the rear of the machine makes one wonder.

Capacity is very decent, better than the 20 year old Sanyo it is replacing in this hair salon. I'll write again after a month of use doing towels daily.
on November 12, 2004
This fine machine has been working perfectly for me for 5 months. Everything is just fine. It also has auto-balance system for spinning, which is not like the 4.9 pounds version. It can do all the regular washing jobs. You can completely rely on it.
on April 22, 2006
Nice Washer. Compact and efficient. Gets clothes as clean as a full sized washer, perhaps better.

Two complaints.

First the buzzer, it is loud, annoyingly so and for some reason the designers seemed to think 30 seconds was necessary to get someones attention. For an apartment 5-10 seconds is more than adequate. I disconnected the buzzer.

Second the drain hose tends to leak no matter how tight the clamp is tightened. Several times water pressure blew it off the machine. A simple flange on the end of the machine pipe so the clamped drain hose couldn't pull off would have been a better idea. I was able to use a plastic sleeve under the clamp to even out the clamping pressure and it's helped a great deal.

Overall a great little machine and nicely portable.
on January 20, 2006
The washer itself is great, but the manual is poorly written!

Went through the reviews on this product, heard quite some negative ones. But the point is, there is no other choice for this size of a portable washer, and Haier does produce quite some nice electronics, so decided to give it a try.

As in some other reviews, the package arrives with a terrible looking. I gave it a chance because the box was "opened" anyway, actually "broken", I should say.

The machine itself looks ok but the rear metal piece has been bumped in, obviously from the shipping. Mounting castors and water pipes is a piece of cake. But the manual is very poorly written, with several spelling errors. Well~~ it is a pure Chinese product, and probably US products provide poor Chinese manual too :D

It is obviously not the customers' fault not knowing some tricks on the washer, but it is a nice washer once things are figured out. Just one examples:

"water on the floor" - There is obviously no automatic valves to stop the water exhaust. I realized that the exhausting hose has to be lifted and kept above the water level in the tube ALL the time; otherwise, the water will flow out no matter which cycle you are at. I believe this is the main reason for the complains on water leaking right after starting to fill the water. This important note is NOT in the manual !!

Also, the inlet water pipe connection is very confusing on the manual. I had to give it up and figure it out myself (not hard though).

Still give it a five because it's indeed a nice washer. But Haier should change their packaging and the manual ASAP! And, most importantly, don't increase the price please!
on December 19, 2004
This washer really does a great job. It's great for apartments. I have had other Haier products. But I have to say, for this price... This is a great item, for a Christmas present. Thumbs up. Target.. Your great. I wish you had these kinds of items, rite in the store.
on October 17, 2004
I love my new Haier 8.8lb. washing machine!

A word of advice, don't over soap.

CS
on February 23, 2006
Purchased this washer for my mother 3 months ago. I needed a washer to fit through a 23 inch doorway - so this was it! My mother is absolutley delighted with this machine. No problems with balancing the loads, and the clothes are cleaned with much less detergent than larger washers. Haven't had to deal with customer service (hopefully never will!), so I can't give an opinion there. Overall excellent machine!
on November 16, 2004
It is efficient and beautiful! It works very well. Very good for small family.