5.0 out of 5 stars LOVING The Bodyguards of L.A. series!!
Published 18 months ago by Hammy

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible character not worth even one star
Published 4 months ago by Liz

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVING The Bodyguards of L.A. series!!, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Hailey's Truth: Book Three In The Bodyguards Of L.A. County Series (Kindle Edition)
WOW. My head is in a whirl from this one. From the high intensity of Suspense, down to the oh-so yummy Romance, by far, Hailey and Austin have the hottest freaking scenes of the three books! Holy freaking balls and other naughty things! It's so good... or I'm so bad because--I hate to admit it--I reread the hotter than Hades scenes! I could read the entire novel again, and that's rare for me.

I didn't think this 3rd book in the series would measure up to Morgan's Hunter and Falling for Sarah. Boy, was I wrong! I was uncertain about Hailey and Austin, and then add the bad egg of a brother, who Hailey wanted to protect, to introduce a whole new world of danger...

The Mexican Mafia. I'm not usually on the edge when I read, but MAN! I'm still working out the kinks in my neck from the intensity!

There were times I wanted to scream at Hailey and tell her to wake the freak up! But then there's a part of me that understands her devotion, as a sister.

And then we have Austin. Out of the sexy-as-hell Bodyguard males, Austin is now my favorite! You'll have to dive in to meet this prime male specimen. Whew!

Rumor has it, there's a 4th book in the series! But I don't think that will be enough! I want more of them HOT bodyguards, Cate Beauman!

Favorite quote:

"In the end, it doesn't matter, but I wanted you to know; I needed you to know because I read your text to Sarah. You told her I was everything you never thought you could have, and I'm telling you, you're everything I never knew I wanted, but I'm so glad you're here."

Favorite Page/paragraphs:

He peered over his shoulder. "What, I didn't hear you. The surf's kinda loud."

"I said I'll take a ride."

"What? You just learned how to ride today and could've used a hand with Ginger but were too stubborn to ask and now you need a ride back to the stables?"

Hailey stopped walking and crossed her arms. "I just thought of a great place to shove the carrot Ginger won't be eating when we get back."

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible character not worth even one star, November 22, 2013
Liz (MINNEAPOLIS, MN, US) - See all my reviews
Not to be horrible but there is a reason why there is a concept of survival of the less stupid and naive. I did not like this book due to Hailey, take her out and it was great. I am sorry but if a trained bodyguard who is an ex-Navy SEAL is telling you there is an issue how self-centered and so full of yourself to automatically assume that he is jealous. Also stupid you do not go on a strange boat with someone you do not know especially with a brother you only saw again for like 3 months. I don't like books with stupid, gullible women who are so full of themselves. Also as a mother with a nanny I love that my nanny loves my children but I am sorry if my nanny called them "her" babies in front of me and other people, oh no so not okay she did not give birth to them so she cannot claim that title and it is insulting to the actual mother.

I might be harsh but she does not even compare to the other women in this series who love each other and are happy with each other but also have respect and boundaries as well.

No stars horrible but

4.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, but still a good read, December 16, 2012
Of the three, this book was -I don't want to say bad because it wasn't- but maybe just OK. From reading the two before, I would have believed Hailey to be smarter, tougher. She wasn't. In fact, her naivete got on my nerves...a lot. I understand the want to hold on to something important, as Hailey tried to do with her brother, but the situation wasn't fitting. Many who grow up in bad situations -myself included- are often more wary instead of more trusting.

Which brings me to something else from Hailey's past. It was written that the new foster mother was cruel, evil, and that her words left Hailey damaged in her few previous relationships. But that was only touched upon for pages and then quickly forgotten. Not one more word was written on it for the rest of the book. I don't know why that bothers me, it just does. Maybe because sex, no matter how good, doesn't heal scars. The "ghosts" no matter how loved you become, no matter how hard you love in return, will always lurk around looking for their opportunity to jump out and yell "BOO!". But hey, this is fiction, right?

Anyway, I know I made this book sound bad, but it's not. It is definitely worth reading. Just don't expect in to have the intensity of Morgan's Hunter, or the pain and sweetness of Falling for Sarah.

I look forward to the next novel in this series. I find Beauman's writing to be very interesting. The suspense is always gripping, this book not being an exception.

1.0 out of 5 stars predictable and a bit boring heroine very annoying, October 30, 2013
Could not read large parts of the book because it was totally boring and predictable and the heroine was very annoying

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first book!, December 2, 2012
As I said in my review of the first book in this series, "I ordered this e-book because it was recommended by a friend. It didn't disappoint. I enjoyed the mix of romance and suspense. In a local newspaper interview, the author talks about wanting to be like Nora Roberts. I've read lots of Ms. Roberts' novels and enjoyed this book almost as much."

I absolutely LOVED this novel. The characters were so believable! The interactions between the heroine and her best friend who later becomes her lover ring true-to-life. The suspense kept me up at night (in a good way); I couldn't get enough of this novel.

As for writing on a level with Ms. Roberts, Ms. Beauman gets close with this novel.

You don't have to read "Morgan's Hunter" to like "Hailey's Truth," but it definitely introduces the back story and the characters. This novel is even better than the first book in the series. I couldn't put it down and I was sad when it was over.

I can't wait for the next title in the series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite of the 3, but still recommend this enjoyable read, November 19, 2012
Well now, I knew the third one had to be Austin and Hailey after the glimpses in Falling for Sarah. Like the first two books in the series, the characters are thoroughly covered with a combination of actions/words that are thoroughly enchanting and thoroughly frustrating...what else does a girl need in a romantic-suspense? I was rather hoping to see a more in depth ending...take more pages and depth to resolve the conflict. But it certainly wasn't a deal breaker.

I've read the three book in the series. I love how i know i will get to keep up with the characters as they progress thru the series. Ms Beauman makes sure we get to keep up with our friends, and not with just a mention.

I'm really hoping for book 4,5, 6, etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosive and Unforgettable, October 15, 2012
Hailey's got big trouble, only she's too blinded by guilt to see it. Austin knows the score, but he's afraid Hailey would push him away. Both of the characters are young and hyper emotional. They swing between blaming the other and shutting off their feelings.

The danger surrounding them is very real and frightening. Austin tries to protect Hailey, but she refuses to believe the truth about her brother and his associates.

In a tightly knit plot full of cruel and vicious scenes, Hailey wanders in a haze of charitable feelings for the main villain, believing him to be a good-natured philanthropist, while Austin fights to control his feelings for Hailey.

The ending for this fast paced book is explosive and unforgettable with a dangerous and thrilling covert rescue operation.

I received an ARC for an honest review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hailey's Denial, January 25, 2014
Meh. It would be a good read if Hailey wasn't such an imbecile. I totally agree with the other review on here with one star. The book was very hard to get through, because she was such an idiot at every turn. I liked the first two, but there is a pattern of the main characters doing unbelivably stupid things to create drama in the plot. There has to be a better way to make a story interesting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little predictable, September 19, 2013
Not as enjoyable as the books before it. The storyline was a bit too predictable and Hailey's naievity was a little frustrating at times.
But all in all, worth reading to tie in all of the characters.
Definitely looking forward to the next addition.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cries out for an editor and human proofreader!, July 28, 2013
I liked the prior books in the series and eagerly anticipated this one. Unfortunately, the snappy dialog that made the others fun took a nosedive here. The worst part was the exceptionally poor proofing - it may have passed a spell check, but I stopped counting after I noticed a dozen words that were wrong in context (their v. there, bare v. bear, etc).

Request to Ms. Beauman -- slow down, recapture the spirited interplay between strong characters that distinguished the first two books, and hire a good human proofreader if your publisher won't.

ARRAY(0xa22c89f0)