5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Parents

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally Innacurate/Waste of Money
Published on December 10, 2008 by A. Collins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally Innacurate/Waste of Money, December 10, 2008
I used this product twice with the knowledge and confirmation that one substance was used frequently over a long period of time. The point of the second test was to satisfy myself that I had taken enough of a hair sample. I was trying to ascertain whether any other substances in addition to the undisputed substance was used. Both tests came back totally negative. Hairconfirm customer service ignored our concerns. Parents are being lulled into a false sense of security and paying dearly for it. I would give a zero rating but your system is set up for a minimum 1 star.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, terrible customer service, November 27, 2012
It comes with easy to follow instructions and everything makes sense when putting the sample into the mailing envelope. The product is easy to use, and seems of good quality. Nothing looked like it was thrown together, definitely a professional feeling kit.

The issue came after the results arrived. Negative on everything. I knew their were two drugs that could show up in the test. One, a prescription to adderall, taken over 8 months every day. And a single marijuana use. Negative on the cannabis was a relief, but negative on the amphetamines? I was skeptical that the test wasnt as good as i hoped. Since the Amphetamines should definitely be showing up. But nothing. I tried to get a hold of customer service to talk them about the results. But no response. Couldn't get anyone on the phone, no e-mails returned. And no further explanation about the negative results. They only give you amounts of drug found if the test is positive. Even if the drug is found, they will only give you the info if its more than the cutoff amount.

After researching more, i found that its basically impossible to pickup infrequent cannabis use. Infrequent being single use or less than a couple times a week. THC and its metabolites dont bind with hair follicles well, and a long buildup of consistent use is needed for it to be detected. (note: Im not an expert on drug testing. These are my opinions based on the research i did."

Even the amphetamines tend to not be found. Though uptake into hair follicles is much easier for amphetamines and its metabolites, it takes a abusive use of the drug for it to be found. Way more than even consistent low dose usage. This isnt made abundantly clear when purchasing.

The product is fine, but it isnt going to pick up new (takes 7 days before the drug in the hair even makes it out of the scalp), infrequent or single uses of drugs. Hair testing is not as fool proof as they make it sound. Do your homework before dropping $60 for a likely negative test result. Unless the person being tested is obviously abusing any specific drug on more than a few occasions, chances are it wont show up. Urine tests are much better for new and infrequent use. And its much more sensitive to cannabis as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, July 18, 2009
This review is from: Hair Confirm Hair Follicle Multi-Drug Test Kit, Regular, 1 kit (Health and Beauty)
While awaiting the test results, both kids admitted to drug use. The tests came back negative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Parents, September 11, 2007
This is a great product for parents and the fight against drug use. I bought this test and had it sitting on the kitchen table when my son came home from a party. I asked him to read the packaging and said I would be back in a few minutes. Before we even tested him, he admitted to using pot and ecstasy. The results came back positive for both of these drugs. Not only is this test accurate but it is a deterant too!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast results. Instructions could be clearer., December 2, 2013
I liked it. The kid didn't, go figure. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it says to get a "pencil" size amount of hair. Didn't know if that meant a "tight" bunch of hair of a loose bunch of hair. Then the instructions tell you there needs to be enough hair or the test might not come out right. I sent it in, and the results came back negative, but being a questioning parent, I would have liked to also have had confirmation that the amount of hair I sent in was sufficient for the test or did it just 'pass' because there wasn't enough for a good test. Very fast though. Had the results back a day and a half after sending it.

I agree with others that the instructions aren't very clear. There are several "seemingly" overlapping steps that might confuse some. 1) The foil piece needs to be folded in half first to form a 'crease'. 2) Place the cut hair inside the foil at the crease you just made. 3) It's your option, but a good idea, to fold the foil a second time to keep the hair in place. 4) Place foil with the hair inside the small paper envelope and seal it and label it. 5a) Place paper envelope in the smaller 'plastic' envelope 5b) Label smaller plastic envelope as instructed and MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER 6) Place smaller plastic envelope in the large "FedEx Overnight" envelope. 7) Send it. 8) Take the registration number you kept and register on their website. 9) They will send you an email when the test results are in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Godsend, December 14, 2011
This product was so helpful. My child's father was showing signs of drug abuse but kept denying it. I had so much evidence to the contrary but no actual proof. It was not until we got the results back and it came back positive for cocaine (as I suspected). But not only does it provide positive or negative it also gives levels so the person can't claim they only did it once. Now I have what I need to demand he do something about his addiction or me and my child will be leaving him. Additionally he agreed to do this drug test once a month so I can be assured there are no drugs in his system. Thank you hair confirm!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair Confirm, January 15, 2014
It is easy to use, the results are available in just a few days and can be printed out for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Good

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT waits your time or money., July 8, 2014
Did NOT work. Do not trust this test. Waist of money. We knew for a fact that the person being test had consumed at least one of the 7 items tests for in less than 60 days. All test results came back negative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, March 20, 2014
Economical and reliable ; best bang for buck and fast and easy. Well worth it !T R 1 N 1 UP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›