Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hair- Styling Tips and Tricks for Girls (American Girl) (American Girl Library)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 19, 2001
If you love American girl books and like to do your hair, this is the book for you! I love my hair so much, but I don't like my hair to be too simple. So, I bought this book. This books have a lot of hair styles you can do. Also, it has test for you, so you can see what hair type you have. The book features some healthy hair tips. It also have stylist secrets and tips to make your hair styles just perfect. It helps you to find your natural part in your hair and how to make zig-zag part. Also, it tells you way to make your dazzling like putting barrettes, colorful headbands, and other hair thingies. It has hair styles for any occasions. Hair styles for sports, swimming, slumber parties, and special occasions. The book have advice about getting a hairdos and haircuts at hair salons. clear steps-by-steps and hair styles to make you dazzle. BUY IT!
on May 13, 2002
Once again, I loved this book. Probably because I love to do my hair. Other girls that have a passion for hair would feel this way, too. I reccoment try another book if you have short or curly hair because most of these work on strait and long hair. This book's sooooo cool because it has like, every hairstyle you could imagine including the popular-unpopular 'on and off' "Messy Buns" which are two buns on top of your head. They even have a rope braid!! They even have hair ideas that are made-up stuff!! They show you stuff like how to get a hair cut properly and how to curl and part your hair which is helpful if you are just learning how to do your hair. If you are in that case, you should probably get this book to get you started and give you some ideas. If you are an individial, like myself, and none of your friends have this. . .buy it!! If you are one of those people, don't copy other's people's hair and get your own ideas from this book!! It's sooo cool! All the hairstyles even have classical names like 'The Brady Bunch'. It also has quizzes!!! This book is one of American Girl's Best. I would also reccomend that if you are buying this book as a gift, have the person open it last so they can go home once everything's done and do their hair so they don't have to wait as long. Another suggestion and my final one:
If you love hair, then you should ABSOLUTLY buy this great book!!
on August 29, 2003
I'm an adult w/long hair, who's always wanted to find out how these gorgeous hairstyles are done, so I bought this for myself. My older sisters & mom always did my hair, but could not explain how they did it. Now I finally have found a book that explains it.
I've done many of the hairstyles in this book, and have gotten lots of compliments on it.
I'd suggest this book to both kids and adults. Awesome because it actually explains how to do the styles in a way I understand with drawings, etc. AWESOME BOOK!
on August 15, 2006
I checked this book out from the library before I purchased it. It is a great find! Easy, cute ideas are throughout this book. Myself and my two daughters have long hair and love trying new things with it. This book was full of uncomplicated, easy-to-do styles for school, church, swimming, and every day. I have checked out a lot of hair styling books and I like this one the best!
on November 12, 2004
I am giving this book two stars because it does have nice photographs and clear explanations of how to achieve each style. It is consistent in that regard with the kind of quality you would expect from American Girl products.

However the book provides only the most rudimentary hair styles, even when you consider that this book is geared toward children.

If you are purchasing this book for someone over the age of ten years, I suggest Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles. This title has a better selection of styles, and comes complete with three hair scrunchies.
on June 14, 2004
This is a short book that shows the hair basics such as braids and buns. If you know how to do this already then get a different book. However, if you don't know how then this is helpful. It does not give any tips on using a curling iron, gel, or more advanced styles. I was a little disappointed in this book but it did show me how to do a bun that I did not know how to do.
on December 26, 2008
If you or your child has LONG and THICK hair (down to middle of back), this is probably a good book for them. My girls have super fine, shoulder length to a bit longer hair. They don't have enough hair to do most of the styles in this book.

The instructions are easy to follow. And the styles are cute!

I expected more styles for the money, not about 12 that are just variations of the same thing counting as a new style.
This is a great guide for kids and tweens who love to play with new hair styles, but aren't quite sure how to achieve the perfected look that they'd like. (There's a thing or two for us big girls to learn as well!)

Beginners will learn how to identify hair types and how each type of hair requires specialized treatment. The styles offered are all cute and range from funky to classic. They are also all age-appropriate and do not require spending a lot of money to maintain. (Thank you, American Girl!)

Hair: Styling Tips and Tricks for Girls is a wonderful learning tool and the skills it allows young readers to perfect can be a wonderful confidence-builder.

Highly recommended!
on February 26, 2013
As a single father of 2 young girls, this book is pure gold. I purchased this book as a gift for my girls, but I read it and use it all the time-not on my hair. Shows easy styles and has hair health tips also. I think I could soon braid Willy Nelsons hair.
on December 6, 2015
This book disappointed. (And I love the American Girl books and bought everyone for my daughter). I wanted the book to explain in detail, how to properly wash hair thoroughly, instructions on detangling and what to use, when to use it- how to properly dry hair for different hair types, and style hair. I wanted to see how-to steps with cool braids they are doing now with a focus on simple do it yourself hair style. I thought the hair styles in this book were outdated & immature.