Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Retro Toys Deal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2008 10:09:35 PM PST
Jane says:
Help!! I'm a female in my late 30's and I'm starting to lose my hair. When I expressed my concern with my doctor he checked my thyroid and I am now on medication for it. This was about 9 months ago and I'm still noticing alot of hair loss. It is not noticeable to others yet (not even my husband) but I notice it. Can anyone offer advice for me? Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2008 6:55:22 AM PST
Teresa says:
I have a lot of luck with sublingual B-vitamins:

I get mine at WalMart.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2008 10:21:15 AM PST
Jane says:
Thank you! I'll definitely give them a try.

Posted on Feb 2, 2010 12:02:18 PM PST
try a product called dynamax Hair system- my husband has been involved in a case study for the past 4 months with this product and we have noticed a significant change. Instead of only 9 lights on a comb, it has 100 and you can wear it like you would a cap. Check out other results on their website at

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2010 1:36:03 PM PST
Jane says:
Thank you for your input!! Actually, I forgot I posted this question. My hair loss has stopped but I will keep dynamax in mind for others who may be going through the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 3:14:06 PM PST
Uglydoc says:
My name is Dr. David Melamed ( and I specialize in treatments for hair loss. Many young women have problems with hair loss similar to women, while others have genuine medical issues that lead to hair loss. In your case your thyroid seems to have been underactive, leading to hair loss. Since the your doctor has started you on sythroig medication (2 years ago) has your hair loss decreased, and does your hair volume appear to be normal?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 3:24:06 PM PST
Uglydoc says:
I have done a lot of research on laser combs and find them ineffective for hair restoration. The energy output on all the comb-devices are fall less than is needed to stimulate hair regrowth on a person's scalp. The DynaMax device you are recommding is reasonable and uses 100 infrared LED energy sources. Infrared is good to stimulate healing, but there is little evidence to support its benefit for hair restoration.
I use two devices in my office, the Revage 670 that is only used in the office, as well as the iGrow laser:
NEW iGrow Laser Hair Rejuventation System for Home Use
This is a hands-free device that patients can purchase and use at home. The device has 51 light sources, 21 laser and 30 LED, all in the 655 nm red wavelength. This makes the iGrow an ideal device that I recommend to patient to reverse hair loss, thinning and balding and to stimulate hair regrowth. It will not make a bald person grow "new" hair... but if the person is beginning to loose hair or they have thinning hair they will see a noticeable difference after 3-6 months. You can read more and see pictures on both my websites and

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 12:23:38 PM PDT
what does ANY of that crap about hair loss have to do with GLUTEN FREE ANYTHING?!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes (1,000 Recipes)
1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes (1,000 Recipes) by Carol Lee Fenster (Hardcover - September 19, 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (205)