Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 16, 2011
I have had the hairmax comb for 3 months. I bought the one with the cord. while using it, it just stopped working. I am trying to return it back to amazon for a refund. I know I can return it to the manufacturer but it is very cheaply made being light weight and plastic. They said they would fix it. It is very expensive for it to be made so cheaply and break so soon. I do not want another one. I do not recommend them at all.
on March 28, 2010
I tried this for 6 months and found out that I had wasted $450. This is a product sold to people that hope to prevent hair loss and are gullible enough to pay this kind of money for it. Further more, the device started going off intermittently as the application was proceeding -- when I checked with the terms of the warranty it said that I have to mail it in (who knows when one would have seen it back again) there was not a phone number to call the manufacturere and the warranty sheet said that it was only good for one year. $450 and a warranty that is only good for one year? having problems after 6 months? No phone number to call? no service representative? As I said I sincerely believe that this device was made to cash in on people's hope and it would not worth even $10 -- and I believe that the people who are selling it figured that if you put a high price on it, many people would think that it must be some sort of an effective gadget that is worth this much -- by the time they figure out that they were had, the sellers are laughing somewhere in Hawaii!!!.
11 comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2007
I'm 30 years of age and tried many medications from herbal to rogane without any help and the side effects were troublesome. Anyway, once hairmax was approved by FDA, I gave it a try. It's been 4 months that I'm using it. For Thanks Giving I visited my sisters whom haven't seen me in one year. They were shocked by the change in the my hair. The good thing is hairmax doesn't irritate the scalp. It's not hair transplant for sure but for about 300-500$ it really worth it. The only concern that I have is long term use of hairmax and its side effects. Unfortunately there is no way to tell in long run what side effect hairmax has, but till then I'm happy with hairmax.
33 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2006
If you want to buy this comb for regrowth, forget it. It does not regrow any new hair. But it does offer some benefits:

1) The hair feel thicker.

2) Very few hair shed during regular use. If you stop using it, hair would shed as before.

3) The hair feel more manageable.

4) Combs like these are used by hair-implant patients for faster recovery.

For these simple benefits, the high price of the comb is not worth it.
22 comments|165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
I do not see much change after using this product religiously for the past 6 months. Maybe it has prevented more hair from falling out but I am still picking hairs off my sweaters all day long. I would not buy this product again.
on August 21, 2010
This product has only "one laser diode" split in 9 beams through a plastic mirror, in other words, the efficacy of this device is diminished by having this kind of disposition.

The Hairmax is using diffuse light principle to regrow hair and by doing this you are working with unfocused energy, this energy is weaker. In this case you can solve this problem when you choose a device with "multiple diodes instead of one diode" reflecting many laser beams.

Just in case, I used the Hairmax Premium for 16 months...

My best regards, Mr. Martorella.
on April 10, 2008
I started using the Laser Comb in March of 2008, and have used it for a full year now with very good results! When you first start using the Laser Comb you will notice hair shedding for about a month and a half, (will appear that your hair loss has gotten worse) but....stick with it no matter how much you want to stop using it, because it will make your hair grow back much thicker! I really started noticing the difference about 3-4 months into my treatments, then it seemed to shed a little once again,(not nearly as bad though as the initial shedding phase) but grew back once again! About 6 months into it I noticed a pretty big difference, my hair count had doubled in thickness, and filled in the front and back nicely. So after a year of use my hair growth continues to get better....in fact my boss noticed how much the back of my scalp had filled in, and was completely shocked at the results! (she was skeptical about it when I first purchased it) She now believes in the comb after seeing the results first hand. When you use this comb it is very important that you use it after washing your hair, and use on a clean scalp.(before using hair products) This helps the laser penetrate into the scalp.You need to also use it 3 times a week, every other day for maximum results. So I highly recommend that you purchase this before you lose anymore hair, once you completely lose it you can't regrow it back. :( I Hope this review has helped you, and good luck with your hair regrowth!
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2015
One word "SNAKEOIL" My wife and I are different ages, different ethnic backgrounds, of course different genders, different diets growing up, etc. We both have used this tool for over 35 weeks and not a single new hair has shown itself. If this product is 93% successful, then how can our diverse backgrounds both be part of the 7% failures? We move a piece of plastic over our heads with a red light showing and a beeper every 4 seconds to give the allusion that something happening. Simple is not true. SNAKEOIL pure and simple. We bought the professional 12 unit.

Ed Jones
on December 4, 2010
I have used this product for 9 months since March 3, 2010, and still there is no change in hair growth. I have used this comb for 15 minutes per day every 3 days. Laser technology to regrow hair sounds like something out of a science fiction novel and still sounds like a science fiction concept. This expensive yet cheaply made comb comes with a generic power plug which doesn't last more than 6 months. Save your money for a hair transplant.
on July 11, 2015
This defenatly works but concentrate on useing it 3 times a week after your scalp is clean . I used the Hair desinty system along with the supplements with it . After careful research on hair lose in general there are several factors and contributes. The hair desinty system along with 15min a week , in 8 months I've had amazing results . As a matter of fact ppl at work thought I had a hair transplant !! Make sure you use it after your scalp is clean and use folical booster in desinty system .. Also use laser comb slowly moving 1/4 min every 5 seconds . Hope this helps other ppl . Also was on the foam and propeca before useing hair max and got nothing .. This works but took a good 4 months before you start seeing results . Attact your hair lose from multiple angles and factors ... Best of luck .