5.0 out of 5 stars Remaining battery indicator works on G6!
I looked and compared all of the third party batteries that would work with my Panasonic G6. I really needed a battery cell that would give me an accurate reminaing battery read. I found this battery to be just what I needed.

Why is this a good deal?
1.) It works and holds a decent charge
2.) It is significantly cheaper than the stock Panny battery...
Published 8 months ago by Alex

Published 3 months ago by Derek Simmons

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Remaining battery indicator works on G6!, November 16, 2013
Alex "Bomb-Diggady" (Under the sink, awaiting the aliens.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halcyon 1600 mAH Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Digital Camera and Panasonic DMW-BLC12 (Camera)

Why is this a good deal?
1.) It works and holds a decent charge
2.) It is significantly cheaper than the stock Panny battery for the G6
3.) This is the big one for me: my G6 gives an accurate remaining battery reading with this battery, so I don't have to worry about my camera just shutting off without warning. From what I've read, other brands of the same battery model do not have this capability.

I've only had this battery for about a month, but it has lasted and been consistent thus far. Purchasing this battery should be a no-brainer for owners of a G6.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Battery for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, December 24, 2013
Better capacity than the OEM battery, works perfectly with the Panasonic charger and the FZ-200. There is nothing not to like. Instead of paying over $40 for a Chinese battery with Panasonic stamped on it, $14 for this battery (with a better warranty) makes perfect sense. I bought two, as I do substantial video.

These batteries are great bargains compared to the OEM rip-off priced little gems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good inexpensive battery, July 19, 2013
This battery seems to work just fine in my Lumix FZ200. I wanted a backup battery for when I'm away from the house. The price was right, and supposedly has more reserve power than the name brand battery. Absolutely no complaints, so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Replacement, January 24, 2014
No problems with this battery in the Lumix FZ200. Fast delivery. Have had problems with third party batteries in the past, but not with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT AT A GREAT PRICE, May 11, 2014
I bought this as a backup battery for my new Lumix camera. The battery is identical to the original in shape, and connects just fine, including showing (via the camera screen) how much charge remains. I think the 1600 mAH is a bit more than the original battery, but I don't know if that was of benefit. All I know is, the battery functioned VERY well in my camera over an 8-day tour workout, at least as well as the camera's original Panasonic version. And the price was right!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so Good, April 7, 2014
I was a little concerned about buying an aftermarket battery, but so far it has provided about the same battery life as the battery that came with my Panasonic Lumix G6

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery, June 2, 2014
Battery is great holds charge better than the one that came with camera, came very quickly, was leaving on a trip and needed it quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, April 17, 2014
Works perfectly with the Panasonic DMC G5, a much needed addition to my toolkit. Holds it charge just as well as the factory equivalent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sure, your car came with a "mini" spare, but you wouldn't drive on it except in an emergency. Would you? Same here!, April 19, 2014
Derek Simmons (Western North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this battery for the price. I guess I got what I paid for. What I didn't get--and what some previous reviewers suggested I would get--is a battery that tells you how much "juice" you have left. (Think "mini" spare analogy: you know up front NOT to drive on it except to the closest service station.) Use this Halcyon battery the same way. Keep it as a spare, charged up and ready to go when your "real" LUMIX battery goes "flat" when you're out on the road. Then use the Halcyon but then REMEMBER: charge the "real" LUMIX and swap it back into the camera at the earliest opportunity just as you would with your cars "mini" spare tire.
DO NOT TRUST THE ICON in your viewfinder when the camera is on "Halcyon" power. It lies! It doesn't lie when the LUMIX battery is doing the work. I'd buy it again as a "spare", but I would never plan on "hitting the road" on Halcyon power. You WILL miss the shot of a lifetime. Including the "selfie" of you kicking and screaming.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a great deal., March 2, 2014
Charges at the same rate as the Panasonic, has greater amp hours, and shows levels in camera. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem to hold a "non use" charge for my requirements, which is holding a "full" charge for two - three weeks after charging. While I alternate batteries in my camera, if I don't use it immediately after charging, I don't get as many shots as my Panasonic battery. I still haven't determined if the level readings are accurate yet, and given that some batteries have been reported to wipe your memory card when they are "empty" and in need of recharging, I'm going to watch this carefully. I just wish there was some sort of case for the battery as the terminals are exposed and should be protected, particularly as I often carry spare batteries in my pocket.

If all checks out to be good, I will be buying a couple more of these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›