5.0 out of 5 stars Total hotness !!!
Could. Not. Put. Down. Yes it is THAT good.

I am currently sitting here at 2am in the morning writing this review because honestly plain and simple it deserves it.
This book is completely different to your 'normal' love story. I love the way this book is written and yes after you read this you WILL have another book boyfriend to add to your lists ;)...
Published on November 3, 2012 by Michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not great
Published on November 19, 2012 by KT

5.0 out of 5 stars Total hotness !!!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Hale Maree (Crossed & Bared Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Could. Not. Put. Down. Yes it is THAT good.

Oscar is the complete package but the way he has so much patience and understanding for Hale it just makes you melt even more.

Congratulations Misty, he really is drool worthy in every way <3

5.0 out of 5 stars You NEED TO READ THIS NOW!, September 16, 2014
Sometimes you read a book and the story is so intriguing, the characters so realistic, and the events so vivid that, when all is said and done, you feel like a piece of yourself is missing. That book, for me, is Provencher’s beautifully written Hale Maree. Captivating from the get go, I found myself so engrossed in the story that I truly feel like I know Hale and Oscar—they’re more than just characters in a story—they’ve become friends. I truly feel like I know them as well as I know myself, and while the going was tough and their relationship was touch and go in the beginning, watching them grow together and fall irrevocably in love with one another was absolute beauty.

Provencher is a master storyteller, enchanting readers with her words and characters, and I absolutely adored everything about Hale Maree, with its realistic portrayal of humanity and its swoon-worthy, often humorous events. Of course, Oscar is my absolute favorite, and I found myself wishing numerous times that he’d pick me since Hale was so dead set against him. And yet, I am no match for Hale. She, too, swept me off my feet with her level head, fierce determination, and all around good soul. This is a beautiful happily-ever-after that has remained with me since I read the very last page; and I already cannot wait to read it again.

Filled with romance, snark, and even a little bit of mystery, this novel is indeed a must read for those who love contemporary romance. While a little hot and heavy in some scenes, overall it is a beautiful testament to human nature and love at its finest. Hale Maree is a gem that I highly recommend for those looking for a lighthearted, fun read. Five amazing stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky but fun read, September 30, 2013
cansel (Carrollton, TX) - See all my reviews
Hale is a young girl who finds herself in an impossible situation. A day that started out like any other day ended with her finding out that her father had arranged for her to marry the son of an old friend in exchange for protection and a new business. Her father sees this as a chance for to have a better life while Hale sees it as something totally different.

The twists and turns that take place have to come from a place in Misty's brain that scares me just a little. Who comes up with this stuff?

I truly enjoyed reading this book. The book is written well, and I adore the characters (especially Oscar!); I was frustrated with Hale on a few occasions, but considering all that she went through, I cannot blame her for some of her reactions.

This was my first Misty Provencher book, but it will not be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars OSCAR WORTHY!!!!, November 3, 2012
Alina S. (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is sensational but after reading the Cornerstone series I've come to expect nothing but the best from Misty. The synopsis of the book gives you enough details so I'm not going to elaborate. However, I have to tell you that you will not be able to resist Oscar. He is everything, and more, and just like Hale, you will fall in love with him. The story is fresh, entertaining, and it will stay in your heart for many years to come. Congratulations Misty. You have extraordinary talent.

4.0 out of 5 stars To I Do or not to I DO... that is the question, August 23, 2014
When Hale overhears a conversation between her drunk father and his equally drunk friend she cannot believe her ears. Her life will never be the same. Not that she wants more of the same. An only child raised by her alcoholic father after her mother left, her life has been a hard road to say the least. Now all she has to do is agree to the arranged marriage her father wants and she will never have to worry about money again. But is it worth it?

Oscar is fiercely loyal to his family. Can he give up his girlfriend and marry Maree as his father wants him too? Can he convince her that being married is not the most horrible thing to ever happen? These two have a hard road ahead of them as it is, now add the psycho biatch to mix and the sparks are going to fly! This book is funny, enchanting, and a bit on the sexy side. Hale is sassy, sweet and has a mind of her own. Oscar is smart, sexy and determined. Watch the sparks fly and the drama unfold as these two decide if they have a future together.

<blockquote> “Hale?” Oscar's voice sends a quiver down both my legs and back up, meeting in places that shouldn't tingle just because a guy, who has a girlfriend, says my name. “Hi,” I say. I'm about to ask if he left something in the truck when he cuts me off. “ I was wondering,” he says. “if you's meet me at the coffee shop tonight?” My brain trips over my pounding heart. Did my dad tell him on the ride back to his house? Oscar's voice is so weirdly calm, I'm not sure he knows yet, so I play along. “Sure, I'll meet you. Are you bringing Sophia?” I ask. He puffs an I've-been-called- out breath on the other end. “I was thinking I'd leave her home tonight.” “Probably not a good idea, Oscar,” I try to joke. “You are loyal, remember?” “I am”, he sighs, “ but if you are going to be my wife, I guess that trumps any loyalty I have to a girlfriend, now doesn't it” </blockquote>

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not great, November 19, 2012
I am surprised that this book has all 5 star reviews. I was expecting much more then it was. It is an okay story, but I don't understand all the fuss. There is major insta-love on the part of the Oscar, and it is not believable at all. Hale does absolutely nothing to make him fall head over heals for her in such a short time. Hale never seems to know what she wants from one minute to the next. Her reactions to the situation (I don't want to go into detail and give anything away)are understandable, but she jumps from one extreme to the next and just comes off as kind of annoying. There is not build up to the relationship and it is very superficial. The time they are supposed to be spending getting to know each other they have friends with them and hardly spend anytime alone talking or having a chance to fall in love. I did not feel the love between them at all.

It was just okay for me, worth a read, but not great. I don't understand all the raving reviews by others.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, June 14, 2013
I thought it was a decent read. Hale kind of annoyed me though. Her sexual maturity seemed more like a 15 year old girl and not a 18 year old. It was frustrating he couldn't even walk near her without her like freaking out. With that said yes I'm going right now to read the 2nd book. Lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Amazing unique love story with twists, February 10, 2013
ktu35114 (Brisbane, Australia) - See all my reviews
I loved this book and had to read it as quick as I could. The writing style of Misty Provencher was fantastic and has such an easy flow that you don't realise how quickly the pages are turning. The characters are interesting and you can't help but pity Hale; her life isn't fun and gets even more complicated.

Hale Simmons aspires to improve her life and escape from poverty. She dreams of going to college on a scholarship and school is her priority. With a Mother that left when she was little and a Father that is an alcoholic, she does everything she can to keep food on the table and not let her Father waste all their money on booze.

One night, Hales' Father, Jerry brings home a man, Otto and as she is preparing her tin of stew, they are talking about her and a boy called Oscar. They are talking about Hale's pure virtue and her good looks and how Oscar will be able to take care of Hale. Hale is mortified and thinks surely they are not arranging a marriage for her.....that just doesn't happen anymore does it?

The next day, Jerry explains what is to happen and why. He wouldn't go into the details, says it is safer if she doesn't know them. Hale is to marry this man's son, Oscar and it will seal the deal of trust and give them all motivation to keep the secret. Jerry witnessed a murder and as such, to prove he won't break his promise, has offered Hale to marry Oscar.

Hale felt degraded and doesn't know what to do. She meets Oscar once, but isn't planning on marrying him. Jerry demands Hale marry Oscar and kicks Hale out of her house and into the arms of Oscar. They escape to Oscar's family beach house and are to become acquainted before they marry.

Hale is having mixed feelings as the days go on living with Oscar. He is being sweet and trying extremely hard to make her feel comfortable. Slowly, very slowly, Hale is starting to like Oscar, but to marry him is still a thing of distress. Oscar invites his best friend to visit, and his friends girlfriend comes along as well. They all try to get along. With the secret still hanging over their heads, Oscar and Hale try really hard to get along in front of company, but everything is still so very strange.

As the pressure escalates, Hale needs to make a decision and when Oscar proposes, she is shocked at how easily he seems to be able to accept everything. Can Hale overcome her thoughts and go with her heart? Will they really get married? What happened with the murder and was anybody implicated? Will Jerry turn his life around with the help of Otto? Can life really go on for Hale if she's married to Oscar?

This is a fantastic love story that had some shocking twists along the way. They betrayal Hale felt from her father was so vivid, that I was crying along with her. This is such a unique story for me that I want more from these characters; they are just so addictive and intriguing. I am glad to hear there will be a companion, Full of Grace and cannot wait to read it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stockholm syndrome?, September 17, 2014
We have an inexperienced 17 year old girl (a few months shy of 18) who is basically kidnapped by a 24 year old playboy. When she tries to run he forcefully holds her down twice. He claims to have fallen in love with her in a week and is very pushy to get into her pants as quickly as possible. Says he'll sleep down stairs on the couch after just meeting the day before, when she wakes up he is half naked in the bed. She says "I want to stop" he says "okay we will after I do this first". Found their relationship disturbing rather than romantic.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars! Cute love story - a peculiar initial plot with an added mystery. Great hero & heroine plus likeable side characters., January 13, 2013
Once you get past the initial plot there is a mystery to be solved in addition to the developing love story.

Hale Simmons (18 years/just graduated high school) is wonderful, memorable and so very charming.
Oscar Charles Maree (24 years/businessman/black hair/dark eyes) is one of those adorable heroes, sweet, likeable, handsome and sexy.

I enjoyed Landon and Sher as well!

***
Hero rating: 4.5 stars
Heroine rating: 5 stars
Story line rating: 3.5 stars
******************************
Overall rating: 4 stars

Would I recommend this book: Yes.
Would I re-read this book: Probably not.

Hale Maree (Crossed & Bared Series Book 1)
$2.99