Customer Discussions > A Different Kind of Truth forum

Van Halen, A Different Kind Of Truth (Track Listing)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 184 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2012 9:49:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2012 7:36:41 AM PST
D. Miles says:
1. Tattoo
2. She's The Woman
3. You and Your Blues
4. China Town
5. Blood and Fire
6. Bullethead
7. As Is
8. Honeybabysweetiedoll
9. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

Deluxe version comes with a DVD. BONUS DVD of "The Downtown Sessions" featuring 4 acoustic video performances - "Panama", "You and Your Blues (intro)", "You and Your Blues" and "Beautiful Girls"!

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 5:06:39 AM PST
Mookie says:
20 bucks for a CD?

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 8:18:40 AM PST
the price will go down a bit i'm sure, so just calm down, the pre-order prices are always kinda high when they are first listed...

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 7:32:39 PM PST
Bernie says:
anyone know if they will release this on vinyl? i can't stand listening to over-compressed/brickwalled CDs anymore. they just get worse & worse.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 8:15:26 PM PST
K. Neubauer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 11:02:36 PM PST
C. Hebert says:
Living in the pasture? Every band goes through changes whether musically or with looks or both.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 11:04:14 PM PST
C. Hebert says:
Funny how more than half of the people judge so fast and negatively on so many things in this life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 5:39:32 AM PST
Bernie says:
Extremely well said.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 7:13:13 AM PST
Hal Lancer says:
I watched Van Halen's new "Tattoo" video on YouTube one time two days ago and still woke up this morning with the song stuck in my head. How many new releases by anybody can you say that about these days? Whatever happened to hooks, shredding guitar solos, and lyrics with some wit? I watched it again this morning and I'm sure: all four of them sound very strong on that kickass track. If the rest of the album is that good, it will be the best news in a long time out of that band. Yeah, I miss Michael Anthony, but Wolfie's good.

/liked both Van Halen and Van Hagar, just not VH III.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 7:18:21 AM PST
VHIII is way too underrated!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 7:21:39 AM PST
Hal Lancer says:
Well, enjoy... VH III just didn't work for me.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 9:46:05 AM PST
without you, fire in the hole, ballet or the bullet, josephina, are all great songs just to name a few of the great songs on VHIII, and gery cherone is one heck of a great singer and frontman

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:07:22 PM PST
GhostofBon says:
The album will be the band's first since "1984" that sounds like Van Halen. Roth's vocals and lyrics were the missing pieces, and the band, especially Edward, plays more inspiringly with DLR singing. Always thought the separation between Roth's voice and Anthony's high end choruses was two wide anyway. The three part harmonies on "Tattoo" are warm and tight... and does anyone seriously think Alex's nephew would be in this band if the kid couldn't cut it on bass? All things come to he who waits... but these days most things suck. Van Halen doesn't. Relax and look forward to the new album. "Show me you; I'll show you me." Hold Dave's thought, too.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 5:28:39 PM PST
Well it is 13 songs and a DVD. I don't really care. I'll buy it. See you in May on the West coast guys!!!

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 8:08:26 PM PST
I look forward to hearing this and most likely will buy it. They have been out of the picture for so long I hope it works out for them. I watched that video Tattoo (song seems good after one listen) and Eddie seemed to look together. Lets hope he is cleaned up and ready to rock n roll.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 7:59:00 AM PST
$13.88 at Walmart preorder!!!

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 9:50:12 AM PST
but is it for the cd/dvd version??
that's the only version people should be ordering...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 11:02:20 AM PST
Ryan says:
Exactly... listen to either of the Chickenfoot CDs and they're not lacking in vocals in any way, shape or form. Sammy nails the lead and Mikey is great on harmony as always!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 11:03:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2012 11:04:26 AM PST
Ryan says:
Cherone just wasn't a great fit for Van Halen, unfortunately. Good songs but not the "great" VH sound everyone expected on VHIII.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 4:09:34 PM PST
Where the heck is Catherine?! Amazing song, but not on here??? Check it out here http://youtu.be/ukHqzqZOe7g

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 6:06:29 PM PST
i like sammy with with van halen but dave is the man... not sure what to make of the song just yet.. cant wait for the rest of the album.... i love mike anthony too and have been a vh fan since 1980.... the chicken foot project blows.... i like those guys but the music doesnt do it for me.. sounds like a garage band

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 9:40:45 PM PST
Clearly you aren't referring to the new single.

If you were you'd of course realize that Dave is singing in a specific style. Check out any recent footage from the Cafe Wha? club show. Dave, Ed & Al still have it.

Not to mention the fact there are backing vocals on the track. Perhaps you should check your sound system and take off the rose colored glasses.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 9:42:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2012 9:44:21 PM PST
Yes...20 bucks for a CD....that comes with a DVD...hello? This is the year 2012...tell us, what's it like again back in 1985? I'm too old to remember that far back.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 9:57:17 PM PST
The song is great, but it literally took me nearly a week to realize it. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but having mistakenly watched the video first, I had to get that out of my system before I finally noticed how cool the track is. It's definitely classic VH. Can't wait for the rest. I've heard them play the second track live already and it's awesome (sounds just like it did back in the club days).

As for the old silly Dave vs. Sammy nonsense, do any of you who have a problem with the band with Sammy realize that most of those tracks would have been done anyway in some form or other with Dave had he not left? Many of them were written already before Sammy joined! Right Now, Good Enough...the list goes on. Dave had written lyrics for what became the song Good Enough. Sammy came onboard and wrote new lyrics. Any of you who believe it was all ballads with Sammy, wow...you have no idea what you are talking about and clearly have never heard anything other than what was played on the radio. You're missing out on some seriously cool music. I'm not saying Sammy's better...apples & oranges. Whatever you prefer, but they did some kick a$$ music with Sam. He wasn't necessarily the inspiration for the tunes as many no doubt assume, but he did allow Eddie to feel more free to create what he wanted instead of being pushed into doing what Dave & Ted Templeman thought was where they should be going. Anyway, water under the bridge...

Van Halen is back ladies & gentlemen...prepare to rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 7:34:12 PM PST
Scott Bills says:
http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?pc=XM03COMBO
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  52
Total posts:  184
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Different Kind of Truth
A Different Kind of Truth by Van Halen (Audio CD - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars (864)