- File Size: 334 KB
- Print Length: 40 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: The Atavist (December 21, 2012)
- Publication Date: December 21, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AQZEFC8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #296,730 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Half-Safe: A Story of Love, Obsession, and History's Most Insane Around-the-world Adventure (Kindle Single) Kindle Edition
|Length: 40 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Audible NarrationAudible Narration: Ready
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Nestor's longform piece for the boutique electronic publishing house, The Atavist, was released in December 2012. The piece, Half Safe: A Story of Love, Obsession, and History's Most Insane Around-the-world Adventure documents Ben Carlin's arduous decade-long, around-the-world journey on land and by sea in the same vehicle, the first and only circumnavigation of its kind ever attempted ― or completed.
An inveterate adventurer, Nestor joined a doomed surfing expedition to Norway and Russia for Outside Magazine in 2009, in which he and his team became the first to ride the breaks of the Arctic Circle. He has travelled extensively in Central America and the South Pacific, and lived for a short time with Vanuatuan yam farmers who worshipped the US Army. At home in San Francisco, Nestor lives in a house he rebuilt himself, runs his 1977 Mercedes 300D on used cooking oil, and occasionally risks his life picking up laundry in his Sebring-Vanguard CitiCar, the first-ever American-made production electric vehicle, which is for sale.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What a depressing story! This guy was not operating with all pistons engaged.Published 2 months ago by Read-A-Book
Perseverance is not always rewarded, and often leads to misery.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I'am surprised that it took so long for this story to surface, it's incredible what Ben and his machine accomplished. Why this story did not get more exposure I don't understand? Read morePublished 9 months ago by john sites
Very interesting, but it is missing half the story. I would love to know more about how I happened to hear about this fifty years ago, when I was just a child. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Richard Nystrom
A strange book about an odd mans strange obsession to circumnavigate the world in a really strange vehicle/boat. Read morePublished 11 months ago by leo nardo
Strange but thought provoking story...expected it to be a bit more in depth..Published 14 months ago by Johnna Neugent
Great adventure. Good info to start looking into the story of Half-Safe.Published 15 months ago by verne simons
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Travelers & Explorers
- Books > History > World > Expeditions & Discoveries
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Biographies & Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > At Play
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > Page-turning Narratives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > The World Stage
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World > Expeditions & Discoveries
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Biographies > Adventurers & Explorers